Price has changed message.

Wiz1

Question

Sometimes when opening or closing an order on MT4 mobile Iget a message saying that the price gas changed with the option to accept or reject the change. If I reject all is fine but If I want to accept the change and place the order sometimes the same message just pops up again and this can keep going on and on. 

Is there a way to disable the message so that the orders just executes no matter what the price change is?

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Wiz1 said:

Sometimes when opening or closing an order on MT4 mobile Iget a message saying that the price gas changed with the option to accept or reject the change. If I reject all is fine but If I want to accept the change and place the order sometimes the same message just pops up again and this can keep going on and on. 

Is there a way to disable the message so that the orders just executes no matter what the price change is?

Hi @Wiz1,

You might need to change your alerts setting on the MT4 Terminal.
Please have a look into this link https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/overview/terminal/terminal_alerts.

All the best - Arvin

10 hours ago, Wiz1 said:

Hi, I don't use the mobile app but if you haven't created your own alert then what you are getting is likely to be the 'requote' notice (desktop mt4).

So if price is moving fast such as during the FOMC data and presser last night and the price when you hit the buy or sell is no longer available then you need to reassess and try again, the broker can't just give you the old price or pass on excessive slippage.

The better way to getting the price you want during expected times of high volatility is to use buy or sell stop orders rather than 'at market' or maybe even a buy AND sell stop straddle order.

On 29/07/2021 at 06:52, Caseynotes said:

Hi, I don't use the mobile app but if you haven't created your own alert then what you are getting is likely to be the 'requote' notice (desktop mt4)

Yes that's what is happening. The thing is it happens even when the market isn't moving particularly fast and sometimes it affects my ability to close positions quickly; when it is moving fast that can have quite an impact on the final amount of profit or loss. Setting stop and limit orders is an obvious answer but is not always practical and is definetely not a quick process. I presume, as far as you know there is no way to deactivate these requote notifications?

Edited by Wiz1
Spelling mistake
4 minutes ago, Wiz1 said:

Yes that's what is happening. The thing is it happens even when the market isn't moving particularly fast and sometimes it affects my ability to close positions quickly; when it is moving fast that can have quite an impact on the final amount of profit or loss. Setting stop and limit orders is an obvious answer but is not always practical and is definetely not a quick process. I presume, as far as you know there is no way to deactivate these requote notifications?

Hi, no they can't be deactivated on any platform, they are a safety devise for client and broker alike. You can avoid many instances by not trading during news events or market open when there is a sudden rush of overnight orders, or just stay out of volatile markets altogether.

Without the requote system many would be complaining of unexpected massive slippage and when the market is whipsawing you can often get out at a better price anyway. Otherwise it's a case of re-tapping the close button to catch a lull in the movement.