Demo account reset

Question

Hello,

My account was created a while ago and under the demo section I currently have a spread betting and CFD account. I have attempted to create a demo standard share dealing account by clicking the 'Add another account' > 'Get Started' button however this creates a live account and not a demo account.

How can I create a demo share dealing account for testing purposes?

Thanks,

11 answers to this question

Also, there is a bug in your forum software as I didn't choose the title "Demo account reset" I had actually chosen something else.

Hi - unfortunately we don't have a demo Share Dealing account which you can practice on, however the look and feel is very similar to the classic platforms. Execution is very intuitive and if you would like to have one of our sales traders on the phone when you first place a deal, or would like a walk through, please give us a call. 

Thanks for your reply. Should have mentioned in my original post I am interested in API integration rather than using your online interface. I have just attempted to make a session request (POST https://api.ig.com/gateway/deal/session) passing my live shared dealing account ID however it returns error "error.public-api.failure.stockbroking-not-supported" - does this mean that I will not be able to make simple share deals via the API?

• Like 1

Exactly that - unfortunately we don't offer the API for a Share Dealing account and we have insufficient client demand to warrant the back end work to get it set up. If this changes we will make sure to inform all clients who have shown interest in the past.  

"we have insufficient client demand" - has this changed?

If not, can you please add me as a client that demands a share trading API

unfortunately it hasn't, but thanks for the comment. Passed onto non-lev product owners. 

On 18/11/2019 at 22:27, R-Walker said:

8 months on and a bit more interest - has the plans for an ASX api changed?

Hey @R-Walker, it's still not something they're willing to offer. James did put your feedback through but there's been no progression on this project because demand isn't there. 

Guest APIShareDealing

I also tried to use API for share dealing and getting messages its not supported. Please add me as another customer interested in this functionality.