IG APP (iOS) update

Guest LarryA

Question

Received notification to update the IG Trading app for iPad two days ago but when I try to update it gives, "This item is no longer available" error. 

Any ideas?

15 answers to this question

Hi Caseynotes

Caseynotes wrote:

Hi 
  This has occurred before, check this thread for possible solutions;

The thread isn't relevant.

The issue is that the app is not available on the iStore anymore. So if my iPad is stolen or breaks I can't replace the app on a new device!

Hi James

As for searching the Apple app store, IG Trading for iPad can be found on the app store, it just can't be down loaded as it isn't available anymore.

2018-01-30 07.07.17.png

LarryA wrote:

Hi James

Thanks, but that link is dead.

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 07.07.44.png

Sorry about that, when I typed the url hyperlink I included a space at the end of it which caused it to be a dead link. If you try it again here it should definitely work: https://www.ig.com/uk/trading-apps

In regards to the second point I believe you are trying to click the 'update' button rather than searching for it again? I have just tried on a couple of devices and it's appeared, and as far as I'm aware we haven't received any other reports of this, so it maybe something isolated to your iPad or Apple App Store. Where about are you based? (For example if you're in the USA you may not be able to access). 

I think if you start by trying the above link again it should be fine, but failing that please give us a call and we'll try and help one and one over the phone. 

Hi James

This link takes me to the app store. When i click the update link I get the "This item is no longer available" error.

2018-01-30 18.36.26.png

I have access to both the US and South African stores. This error is from the South African store. It doesn't find the app in the US store.

Further to my previous message, if I search for the app it finds it but since the app is on the iPad the only option I have is "Update" (not "Get").

I'm not willing to erase the app from the iPad and find that I can't re-download it that iPad again.

Guest Nicoleung

Got a new iPad today, I tried to downlod IG trading app in App Store (Hong Kong), but it’s gone. It’s no longer available. What’s going on?

It seems to me that IG trading app is only available in UK App Store.

wrote:

Got a new iPad today, I tried to downlod IG trading app in App Store (Hong Kong), but it’s gone. It’s no longer available. What’s going on?

It seems to me that IG trading app is only available in UK App Store.

Hi  - The new version 7 of the IG App is only available to download in countries where IG holds a licence. This is a new Apple rule. This means that some prospects/clients will click links to download our app and receive a generic error that ‘this app is not available in your location.’ You can see these countries in the 'hidden spoiler' section below. There are plans in place to improve this, but we have to comply with Apple’s ruling ASAP.

• Austria
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Republic of Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • UK
  • Iceland
  • Norway
  • South Africa
  • UAE
  • Switzerland
  • Singapore
  • Japan
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • China

wrote:

Further to my previous message, if I search for the app it finds it but since the app is on the iPad the only option I have is "Update" (not "Get").

I'm not willing to erase the app from the iPad and find that I can't re-download it that iPad again.

There is another way to download the app if you've previously downloaded it, and this could help as a work around.

Step #1. Launch App Store

1.jpg

Step #2. Next, tap on your profile picture at the top right corner. Make sure to sign in to your iCloud account, if you aren't already.

2.jpg

Step #3. Tap on Purchased.

3.jpg

Step #4. We need access to the purchased apps which are not on this device, tap on Not on This iPhone/iPad tab at the top. It will show you the list of apps which you have bought using the same Apple ID. IG Trading will be in this list. Click the cloud icon to download it. (In the screenshot below you should see the IG app if you have previously downloaded it. My IG App doesn't show because I haven't deleted it to take these screenshots). 

4.jpg

Hi James

Tried that approach already and it didn't work. 

I eventually got frustrated and decided to delete the app from my iPad and re-installed it. That worked.

Now on the App store it only has the option to GET the universal version of the App (IG Trading: Spread betting...), not the one for the iPad. This is in the South African App store.

Guest chunster

Can we get an option to side load this app? Alternatively get the license for countries like Malaysia. If the other brokers are able to get a license to publish their trading apps, why can't IG?