Indices

Buying on the dips isn't working, at least not for me.  Short time frames aren't helpful either.  All the stocks mixed and volatile too.  Lost a lot of money and looking, again, at the end.

IG has 180,000+ clients and maybe five or six post on here regularly ... just hopeless.

Edited by dmedin
Guest Just Me
14 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Buying on the dips isn't working, at least not for me.  Short time frames aren't helpful either.  All the stocks mixed and volatile too.  Lost a lot of money and looking, again, at the end.

IG has 180,000+ clients and maybe five or six post on here regularly ... just hopeless.

I suspect many trading possibly look a bit more in depth than how 'big a dump' a stock may be taking on a candle or how big it's 'erection' is.

But hey, that's just me and perhaps that's what traders do and perhaps I need to study 'dumps' and 'erections' far more to become a successful trader. 

So going off this hideous chart, why would anyone have been going long after Mon 8th/Tues 9th?  Because you trade upswings on lower timeframes?  What kind of trend is that, anyway?  Isn't it just going sideways?

The lines and indicators aren't telling me anything that I can't already see.

Confused.

No wonder so many people lose money.

140564827_WallStreet_20200624_16_47.thumb.png.365d5a43cec71018f432ca64d121ad43.png

23 hours ago, Guest Just Me said:

But hey, that's just me and perhaps that's what traders do and perhaps I need to study 'dumps' and 'erections' far more to become a successful trader. 

So what are you studying that makes you successful?

Stuff on Dailyfx?  'Here are a dozen lines; price may do this or it may do that.  If it does do that then it may do this; or it may not.  And if it does this then maybe this will happen, or maybe that.  And  by the way, 62% of IG's clients are long and they are a bunch of idiots who lose all their money.'

How is that working out for you?

Guest Just Me
1 hour ago, dmedin said:

I'm not successful.

1 hour ago, dmedin said:

You.

1 hour ago, dmedin said:

How is that working out for you?

Not good.😄

31 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Why levels are so important for trading.

image.thumb.png.5be99d410d171e80c5a7a0ee4483c25b.png

That looks great although I don't know what that alternating-coloured line is.

On IG's 1 min chart you can see it bouncing off daily pivots, PRT lets you have hourly, four hourly pivots etc.

Doesn't work when I try it.

Must be doing something wrong.

I mean ... if all you're doing is buying and selling bounces off pivots then why even have 'indicators'?

It's like all these hideous f*king charts plastered with sh!te to make the 'analyst' look like they know what they're talking about.

And the punters (who are a bunch of losers, mainly) lap it up and ask for more.

I am both confused, and stupid - I know that I know nothing.  What?

Well here's a conundrum.  It looks like it was just another 'wee dip' in the DJIA, but most IG clients are long.  

2097637730_WallStreet_20200625_15_22.thumb.png.a97aedfc5625bebf8d0280d40ee6b1f6.png

So, what do I do in the here and now?

Not, like Chris Beauchamp, smugly look back months from now with his awesome powers of hindsight and say that most IG clients were dumb losers.

ANSWER: Don't go long or short.

JUST DON'T TRADE!

Edited by dmedin

5 and 20 with RSI gave a sell signal though.

No 200 SMA filter used.

When using the RSI you have to be prepared to through your crossover rule out the window when you see a divergence followed by a big candle penetrating the 5 SMA 🤯

1461944186_WallStreet_20200625_16_50.thumb.png.b2e0a27654ccc09d1ef6480c272bb939.png

Edited by dmedin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• image.png

• Dear @johnnywalker, Welcome to the IG community and thank you for your post. Please note spread betting accounts are tax-free in such that they do not attract capital gains tax or stamp duty in the UK (Tax laws are subject to change and depend on individual circumstances. Tax laws may differ in a jurisdiction other than the UK). With regards to US stocks, the US Internal Revenue Service ('IRS') has issued regulations under Section 871(m) of the US tax code to ensure that non-US holders of US equity derivatives - including spread betting and CFDs - are taxed on dividend adjustments in the same way as non-US holders of the real US dividends. IG has an obligation under this US tax regulation to obtain documentation (W8BEN form) from clients who hold CFDs and spread betting instruments that reference US equities. Thanks, KoketsoIG  
    • In a groundbreaking fusion of health and blockchain technology, WELL3 is set to transform how we approach wellness. This innovative Web3 Wellness Platform is not just another health app – it's a paradigm shift in health data management that puts the power back in users' hands. Key Features: - Decentralized Physical Infrastructure Network (DePIN) - Decentralized Identity (DID) - AI-powered analytics WELL3 potential is evident in its impressive metrics: - $55M Total Value Locked (TVL) in just 24 hours of public sale - Over 17M blockchain transactions - 650,000 users and 380,000 unique wallets since beta launch Backed by crypto heavyweights like Cypher Capital, Animoca Brands, AWS, and Samsung, WELL3 is poised for significant growth. Its multichain framework supporting major blockchains like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Polygon, Solana, Blast, and TON demonstrates its commitment to accessibility and interoperability. AWith the Token Generation Event (TGE) on the horizon and an upcoming Bitget listing, the crypto community is buzzing. WELL3 isn't just offering a token – it's offering a stake in the future of health data management. As the largest NFT collection on the opBNB chain, WELL3 is bridging the gap between digital assets and real-world health benefits. For investors and health enthusiasts alike, WELL3 represents a unique opportunity to be part of a platform that's not just about profit, but about enhancing global well-being through secure, data-driven health journeys. As we approach the TGE and Bitget listing, all eyes are on WELL3 – a project that could redefine the intersection of health, technology, and finance.
    • EURUSD Elliott Wave Analysis - Daily Chart EURUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Trend Function: Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Orange Wave 2 Position: Navy Blue Wave 3 Direction for Next Lower Degrees: Orange Wave 3 Details: Orange Wave 1 is completed at 1.06672, now Orange Wave 2 is near its end. Wave Cancel Invalid Level: 1.09170 The EURUSD Elliott Wave analysis on the daily chart indicates that the trend function is currently in a corrective mode. This suggests a temporary market reversal or consolidation instead of a continuation of the primary direction. Wave Structure: Orange Wave 2: Follows the completion of Orange Wave 1. Navy Blue Wave 3 Position: Indicates the market's preparation to transition into the third wave of a larger navy blue wave sequence. Key Points: Wave 2 is generally a retracement phase, correcting the initial impulse wave (Wave 1) before continuing the primary trend. Wave 3 is often the most dynamic and extended wave, characterized by significant movement in the direction of the trend. Next Direction: Orange Wave 3: Once Orange Wave 2 is complete, the market is expected to begin a strong upward movement as part of Orange Wave 3. This wave is typically the most powerful, indicating a continuation of the primary trend. Analysis Details: Orange Wave 1 is considered complete at 1.06672. Orange Wave 2 is in play and nearing its end, signaling the end of the corrective phase and the start of Orange Wave 3. Wave Cancel Invalid Level: Set at 1.09170. If the market exceeds this level, the current wave count will be invalidated, requiring a reassessment of the wave structure. Summary: The EURUSD on the daily chart is in a corrective phase within Orange Wave 2, which is nearing completion. The market is expected to start Orange Wave 3, indicating a strong upward movement. The wave cancel invalid level is 1.09170, beyond which the current analysis would need to be reconsidered.   EURUSD Elliott Wave Analysis - 4-Hour Chart EURUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Trend Function: Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Orange Wave 2 Position: Navy Blue Wave 3 Direction for Next Lower Degrees: Orange Wave 3 Details: Orange Wave 1 completed at 1.06672. Orange Wave 2 is in play and nearing its end. Wave Cancel Invalid Level: 1.09170 The EURUSD Elliott Wave analysis on the 4-hour chart suggests that the market is currently in a trend function. This trend is in a corrective mode, indicating a temporary reversal or consolidation rather than a continuation of the primary trend. Wave Structure: Orange Wave 2: Part of the corrective phase following the completion of Orange Wave 1. Navy Blue Wave 3 Position: The market is expected to transition into the third wave of a larger navy blue wave sequence. Key Points: Wave 2 is typically a retracement phase, correcting the initial impulse wave (Wave 1) and setting the stage for Wave 3. Wave 3 is usually the most dynamic and extended wave, characterized by significant movement in the trend’s direction. Next Direction: Orange Wave 3: After the completion of Orange Wave 2, the market is anticipated to begin a strong upward movement as part of Orange Wave 3. This wave is generally the most powerful in the Elliott Wave cycle. Analysis Details: Orange Wave 1 completed at 1.06672. Orange Wave 2 is in play and nearing its end, signaling the conclusion of the corrective phase and the onset of Orange Wave 3. Wave Cancel Invalid Level: Set at 1.09170. If the market exceeds this level, the current wave count will be invalidated, requiring a reevaluation of the wave structure. Summary: The EURUSD on the 4-hour chart is currently in a corrective phase within Orange Wave 2. This wave is nearing completion, and the market is expected to start Orange Wave 3, indicating a strong upward movement. The wave cancel invalid level is 1.09170, beyond which the current analysis would need to be reassessed.   Technical Analyst : Malik Awais Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
us