trading volumes ?

lithium

Question

My search didn't bring up an explicit answer as to whether trading volumes are somehow visible in the web based dealing platform?

Not even clicking on "Market Data" reveals that information, although most people would consider trading volumes as fundamental market data, wouldn't they?

7 answers to this question

If you add the 'volume' indicator you should see what you're looking for. If you are looking for more detailed information, as casey said, please check out the L2 offering (however this would only be for stocks and shares). You can use the L2 info to get time and sales etc, and market depth. 

2018-06-08 08_27_48-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Germany 30_20180608_08.26.png

Guest MSP007

Hi;

New to IG market and trying to set up chart through watchlist. I have added volume indicators & can see all other volume bars except the current period (latest bar). I am able to see price/candle move though. Is it delayed by IG or only available with higher level subscription ???

Thanks

MSP

Hi @MSP007  not sure which platform or time frame you are looking at but on the new platform and on the weekly chart I've noticed the the current volume bar isn't displayed while on the daily it is. Remember though that the current volume bar will start at zero and gradually progress though the course of the time period and can only be used for comparison once closed. Trying to use an unfinished volume bar for comparison will be very misleading.

Guest MSP007

Thanks Caseynotes;

Yes I am using new platform and clarifying about daily and intra day mins charts. But now i understand that i would only be able to see finished bar. 

Just a query on another topic: For market depth and traded volume/price, do I need to register for DMA (for the exchange)???

Thanks
MSP

Hi @MSP007, that is correct, market depth comes with the Level II data package as opposed to the normal Level I. Level II is only supplied to a CFD account so UK clients taking advantage of the tax exempt spread betting platform would need to change if wanting market depth input.

Depending on what assets you are looking to trade and so which exchanges you are looking to receive data from there may or may not be a charge for the market depth data, a quick call to IG should provide the relevant info.

See link for the LII platform manual in pdf form.

https://a.c-dn.net/c/content/dam/publicsites/1439568973395/igcom/uk/files/other/CFD/ig_cfd_l2_dealer_manual.pdf

ll1.thumb.PNG.24b4aa77db351fbda8f00fe44ddf2272.PNGll2.thumb.PNG.b9d69a322eb57b6262a4a680d9a96eff.PNG

I have a similar question. I was comparing volume displayed in IG and yahoo finance and Trading view. Yahoo finance and Trading view display the same volumn 26.03 million. However, IG displays 2245259. There is a big gap between the two.

Here is the stock:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB Elliott Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (1D Chart) Greetings, Our Elliott Wave analysis today updates the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) with NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB. We identify wave ((iv))-green as having ended, and the potential for wave ((v))-green is open to push higher. ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB 1D Chart (Semilog Scale) Analysis Function: Major trend (Minute degree, green) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((v))-green Details: The short-term outlook shows that wave ((iv))-green has just ended, and the push up quite high since 32.60 also suggests the return of wave ((v))-green. Invalidation point: 32.60       ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (4-Hour Chart) ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB Elliott Wave Technical Analysis ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB 4-Hour Chart Analysis   Function: Major trend (Minute degree, green) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave i-blue of Wave ((v))-green Details: The shorter-term outlook suggests that the ((iii))-green wave has recently peaked, and the ((iv))-green wave has unfolded in the form of a Flat correction, with the ((iv))-wave likely completed. The ((v))-green wave is now unfolding to push prices higher. We are closely monitoring NAB, and there will soon be a long-term trading opportunity with NAB. It looks like wave ii-blue is opening up, pushing a little lower, before wave iii-blue returns to push even higher. Invalidation point: 32.60         Conclusion:   Our analysis, forecast of contextual trends, and short-term outlook for ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB aim to provide readers with insights into the current market trends and how to capitalize on them effectively. We offer specific price points that act as validation or invalidation signals for our wave count, enhancing the confidence in our perspective. By combining these factors, we strive to offer readers the most objective and professional perspective on market trends. Technical Analyst: Hua (Shane) Cuong, CEWA-M (Master’s Designation). Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD) LINKUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave C Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (I) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 8.498 Details: the corrective of Wave (II) is equal to 61.8% of Wave (I) at 8.702 Log scale chart ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction is likely to go down to test the 10.585 level before rising again in the third wave. Therefore, the overall picture is a short-term pullback to continue rising. Wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD) LINKUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow Trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave 5 Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave ((C)) of Zigzag Wave Cancel invalid Level: 81.238 Details: The Five-Wave Decline of Wave ((C)) trend to test 11.582 Level ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction is likely to go down to test the 10.585 level before rising again in the third wave. Therefore, the overall picture is a short-term pullback to continue rising. Wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!      
    • Okay, I'll grab the ultimate sloth at a lower price😑😑
us