trading volumes ?

lithium

Question

My search didn't bring up an explicit answer as to whether trading volumes are somehow visible in the web based dealing platform?

Not even clicking on "Market Data" reveals that information, although most people would consider trading volumes as fundamental market data, wouldn't they?

7 answers to this question

If you add the 'volume' indicator you should see what you're looking for. If you are looking for more detailed information, as casey said, please check out the L2 offering (however this would only be for stocks and shares). You can use the L2 info to get time and sales etc, and market depth. 

2018-06-08 08_27_48-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Germany 30_20180608_08.26.png

Guest MSP007

Hi;

New to IG market and trying to set up chart through watchlist. I have added volume indicators & can see all other volume bars except the current period (latest bar). I am able to see price/candle move though. Is it delayed by IG or only available with higher level subscription ???

Thanks

MSP

Hi @MSP007  not sure which platform or time frame you are looking at but on the new platform and on the weekly chart I've noticed the the current volume bar isn't displayed while on the daily it is. Remember though that the current volume bar will start at zero and gradually progress though the course of the time period and can only be used for comparison once closed. Trying to use an unfinished volume bar for comparison will be very misleading.

Guest MSP007

Thanks Caseynotes;

Yes I am using new platform and clarifying about daily and intra day mins charts. But now i understand that i would only be able to see finished bar. 

Just a query on another topic: For market depth and traded volume/price, do I need to register for DMA (for the exchange)???

Thanks
MSP

Hi @MSP007, that is correct, market depth comes with the Level II data package as opposed to the normal Level I. Level II is only supplied to a CFD account so UK clients taking advantage of the tax exempt spread betting platform would need to change if wanting market depth input.

Depending on what assets you are looking to trade and so which exchanges you are looking to receive data from there may or may not be a charge for the market depth data, a quick call to IG should provide the relevant info.

See link for the LII platform manual in pdf form.

https://a.c-dn.net/c/content/dam/publicsites/1439568973395/igcom/uk/files/other/CFD/ig_cfd_l2_dealer_manual.pdf

ll1.thumb.PNG.24b4aa77db351fbda8f00fe44ddf2272.PNGll2.thumb.PNG.b9d69a322eb57b6262a4a680d9a96eff.PNG

I have a similar question. I was comparing volume displayed in IG and yahoo finance and Trading view. Yahoo finance and Trading view display the same volumn 26.03 million. However, IG displays 2245259. There is a big gap between the two.

Here is the stock: