Limited Risk trading is not available on this market

This thread contains an account type known as "Limited Risk". Due to regulatory changes this account type no longer applies for European countries. If you have any questions relating to this, or wish to continue the discussion, please start a new thread. 

Message added by JamesIG

Question

Hi,

I'm new to IG and playing around with the dashboard. On some markets I get the message 'Limited Risk trading is not available on this market at this time.' Why is this, because they are deemed to be too volatile for a beginner?

Thanks in advance

Michael

image.png.d539eb2fd37c18edcabb4db201f3c848.png

6 answers to this question

Hi @MSEdge, essentially you are correct. During periods of high volatility on any asset the availability of a guaranteed stop is withdrawn and as a limited risk account must have a guaranteed stop the order will be refused. Bear in mind though that it is only temporary and can change throughout the day so worth repeated attempts.

On 20/09/2018 at 21:27, Caseynotes said:

Hi @MSEdge, essentially you are correct. During periods of high volatility on any asset the availability of a guaranteed stop is withdrawn and as a limited risk account must have a guaranteed stop the order will be refused. Bear in mind though that it is only temporary and can change throughout the day so worth repeated attempts.

Hi I cannot see a " guaranteed stop" option?

Hi @LoN,  the answer was referring to limited risk accounts no longer available in the UK.

On the new platform you should see the guarantee stop option from the dropdown box on the deal ticket, click the very small blue arrow (see pic below).

image.png.7776e865eb1975afbc0cb0714830e43d.png

Thank you for your answer.

I'm in the South African market. It doesn't seem to have that option.

18 minutes ago, LoN said:

Thank you for your answer.

I'm in the South African market. It doesn't seem to have that option.

what market you trading?

@LoN, just looked at the IG South Africa site and they do have guaranteed stops, check your account type as you may be on a limited risk account and so all your stops are automatically guaranteed stops. see pic;

image.thumb.png.351b800639f23a4e624df4d8ea5e9617.png

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Liangquanju
    Joined 22/01/19 22:56
  • Our picks

• Gloomy Days Ahead as IMF Cuts Global Forecasts - EMEA Brief 22 Jan
      The IMF has cut its forecasts for growth as it says the global economic expansion is losing its momentum, projecting a 3.5% growth rate worldwide for 2019, 0.2 percentage points less than its forecasts in October. This comes just hours after China announced its slowest economic growth in almost three decades.
      • 0 replies