200 MA on a daily chart

Guest Tim Ricketts

Question

5 answers to this question

Most kind @TrendFollower, I'm happy to provide an answer if I can though admit I don't always get it right, would probably cost IG a fortune in compensation if they were actually paying me. The key with a new platform (and indicator for that matter) is to get on demo and play around to your hearts content, click everything, change everything, then change it all back, then change it all over again. Then start playing around with the dealing side, put ludicrous trades on just to see what happens, it's great fun.

Very true @TrendFollower, the 200 day MA is probably the gold standard indicator especially for stock traders but is important in most other markets as well. I saw a poll on favourite indicators for stock traders recently and the humble MA was the easy winner.

It tells direction, trend, momentum, force, speed and, as you say, can act as support and resistance because it is used by so many traders (and algos).

Just looked at that pic above again and compared it to the MA I'm currently playing about with.

This one has 40 odd different settings just for the 'Price to use' box alone. Hog's heaven. >>

image.thumb.png.9a096987240f9eb64980be00d6fa5259.png

Thanks both - can I just reiterate thanks to @Caseynotes and @TrendFollower, both of whom are very helpful in supplying assistance to other community members, market updates, and trade ideas :) For those unaware we will always try and be as transparent as possible, where all employees of IG have 'staff' or 'administrator' against their names (in red) and generally have 'IG' in their forum names. 

Thanks again fellas. 

Archived