Demo Account

Guest KeithJ

Question

Guest KeithJ

Just recently setup a demo account, everything seems to work.

Graphs etc, but if I try and place a trade, I just get a spinner with Deal in progress and nothing happens.

I'm a programmer, so thought I'd also try the API,..  The error is -> error.security.invalid-details  Of course I checked my security details, I can certainly log onto IgIndex with these credentials, and I also double checked API key too.

Is this just that's it's a new account, and maybe IG Index takes a while to propagate security details to the demo server etc.??

6 answers to this question

Guest anthonybu
5 hours ago, KeithJ said:

Just recently setup a demo account, everything seems to work.

Graphs etc, but if I try and place a trade, I just get a spinner with Deal in progress and nothing happens.

I'm a programmer, so thought I'd also try the API,..  The error is -> error.security.invalid-details  Of course I checked my security details, I can certainly log onto IgIndex with these credentials, and I also double checked API key too.

Is this just that's it's a new account, and maybe IG Index takes a while to propagate security details to the demo server etc.??

Same here.  Can not open or close existing positions in the demo account.  Not giving me confidence to move to real money on this platform.  Been about 24hrs now that when you try to open/close position it just loads/buffers then says unexpected error.  A few days ago it was working perfectly.

@KeithJ & @anthonybu, the 2 problems may be connected though Keith may be right in that it sounds like the connection between account and platform has not yet been established by IG.

There have been some problems on demo just lately after the weekly platforms shutdown for updates on Friday evenings that on restart some are not able to open or close positions. Just to point out the demo and live are completely separate and it is very rare for the live platform to misbehave. The demo for all brokers is primarily a test bed for the broker's technicians to trial upgrades and address any bugs before passing them on to the live platform. Any problems with the demo are likely to be resolved Monday morning. Hopefully @JamesIG will check.

Guest KeithJ

Everything working fine today,.  Even got API working on the demo account..

So it looks like sometimes over the weekend it can just take some times for accounts to be fully up & running.

Thanks,

3 hours ago, botbot said:

having the same issue here : is there a way to check the health of the servers to connect to demo account ? I'm getting a error.security.invalid-details (and yes I triple checked credentials)

Hi @botbot,

There is no recorded issue on the Demo servers. Could you please confirm if you were able to login?

If not please send a screenshot to helpdesk.uk@ig.com. The helpdesk and IT will be able to investigate further.

Thank you - Arvin