Jump to content
  • 0

Currency Strength Indicator


EdFuk

Question

Hi all,

 

I'm trying to find a good currency strength indicator for MT4. I downloaded the free momentum meter from forexsignals but it only seems to work with BlueBerry Markets. Can anyone suggest a good one to compare the strength of the 8 major currencies against each other?

 

Many thanks,

 

Ed

Link to post

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
14 hours ago, EdFuk said:

Hi all,

 

I'm trying to find a good currency strength indicator for MT4. I downloaded the free momentum meter from forexsignals but it only seems to work with BlueBerry Markets. Can anyone suggest a good one to compare the strength of the 8 major currencies against each other?

 

Many thanks,

 

Ed

HI, did you check out the IG add-on Correlation matrix and Correlation Trader from the Apps package?

https://www.ig.com/uk/trading-platforms/metatrader-4/mt4-indicators

image.png.05594d4715e8d0f7c149ffb833c4eafa.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0

No I haven’t looked at that but I will. Does that show the relative strength of a currency though?

Does anyone know how they calculate the relative strength of currencies?

Link to post
  • 0
7 minutes ago, EdFuk said:

No I haven’t looked at that but I will. Does that show the relative strength of a currency though?

Does anyone know how they calculate the relative strength of currencies?

There are any amount of styles to choose from, here are 3;

image.thumb.png.460ddd3f34dfdc75cde9f75a2be49343.png

https://www1.oanda.com/forex-trading/analysis/currency-heatmap

image.png.9302a761b6a0c9e733050bc30679ad94.png

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/GBPUSD/CjY0z8cG-Trading-the-STRONG-against-the-weak-currency-strength-calc/

image.thumb.png.43bb276db01f90db451656767bbecd54.png

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0

No problem, if you are still on mt4 there are some downloadable ones from mql5 web site, I have loads but can't load them onto this new forum platform like on you could on the old one however you don't really need a constantly updating one, a periodic check on a web site is usually fine. My preference is probably the one where each currency has it's own line so then a simple case of matching a high one to a low one.

Link to post
  • 0
23 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

No problem, if you are still on mt4 there are some downloadable ones from mql5 web site, I have loads but can't load them onto this new forum platform like on you could on the old one however you don't really need a constantly updating one, a periodic check on a web site is usually fine. My preference is probably the one where each currency has it's own line so then a simple case of matching a high one to a low one.

Yes I'm most certainly on MT4 and did download a Currency strength Indicator but it doesn't seem to work, I just get flat lines for all the major currencies. Any ideas?

 

Also, I have the IG apps in MT4 but can't seem to find the correlation matrix. Any ideas where that is?

 

Many thanks,

 

Ed

 

Link to post
  • 0
9 hours ago, EdFuk said:

Also, I have the IG apps in MT4 but can't seem to find the correlation matrix. Any ideas where that is?

Hi @EdFuk,  it's in the EA section of Navigator, see pic.

image.png.4a58f70629937a14606e3e8aede6b7a4.png

Re indicator not working try the fix in this thread;

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      13,698
    • Total Posts
      68,376
    • Total Members
      57,276
    • Most Online
      5,137
      14/01/21 09:51

    Newest Member
    Chantal-ig
    Joined 21/01/21 08:46
  • Posts

    • Thanks for the post.  I would be interested in understand the costs associated with the relevant ETF. Do they carry the same sort of fees as one would expect from investing in the fund directly (management, performance, early exit etc.) or are they limited to the usual dealing costs - commission, SDRT? Also, for my clarity, we are talking about fund which may be issued by large investment managers (e.g. Blackrock - iShares, Baillie Gifford, PIMCO etc.) which are traded on the LSE
    • Shock Breaking News, 'No evidence of decline' in Covid-19 rates in England's third lockdown'. So, third lockdown and vaccinations making no impact on the number of PCR false positive test results 🤪. The solution is obvious, quadruple down with harder restrictions. "We've really got to double down on the public health measures'' Elliott said. (I already said that bit for ya, saw it coming a mile away 🙂)   'No evidence of decline' in Covid-19 rates in England's third lockdown (livemint.com)   .
    • Set to expand? IGSquawk  @IGSquawk 9m IG GROUP TO BUY TASTYTRADE FOR TOTAL CONSIDERATION $1.0B -Bbg
×
×
  • Create New...