How to Open multi directional trades?

lilyblk

Question

Hi, 

I'm trying to open trades in both long and short positions, selecting force open. I opened 3 trades all the same way, one opened a short position while the other two closed some of my long positions instead. 

Can anyone help me work out what I'm doing wrong? I don't get the same outcome in my demo account?

Thanks

Cat

3 answers to this question

Thanks for this, I thought I had force open selected but can't confirm it now the trade is in the past and already executed. 

I also had a trade execute which wasn't showing in my "working orders". I did place the trade but as it wasn't showing, I didn't think it went through so didn't cancel it when the trend went the other way.

Does anyone else have this issues or do I just have IG gremlins?

38 minutes ago, lilyblk said:

Thanks for this, I thought I had force open selected but can't confirm it now the trade is in the past and already executed. 

I also had a trade execute which wasn't showing in my "working orders". I did place the trade but as it wasn't showing, I didn't think it went through so didn't cancel it when the trend went the other way.

Does anyone else have this issues or do I just have IG gremlins?

Hi, there are occasionally reported issues with the demo platform but it's very rare to see a problem reported on the live platform. The difference is that the demo is used as a test bed for the technicians to try updates and upgrades before releasing them onto the live platform.