Where's Boeing going, Cohen?

• 2 weeks later...

It's drifting down towards $300 with little momentum and small volume.  I won't trade it because all it takes is one comment from Trump and the price is likely to spike higher at any moment.

1536079373_BoeingCo(AllSessions)_20190814_15_42.thumb.png.4468f19e1aa4791b2e48be3bdfadb65e.png

Edited by dmedin

That pickup of volume with the ascending green candlesticks suggested Boeing was on the verge of breaking out and going back into an upturn but it bounced off a trend line.  A little pause for breath.  If they get approval to put their 737s back into service I would be going long on Boeing, Cohen.

1475605442_BoeingCo(AllSessions)_20190827_16_01.thumb.png.f68366daa1c6f593ef23156ad9d3b6b6.png

• 1 month later...

Looks like a continuation/consolidation pattern to me, which means it's more likely than not to break out to the upside (since it was in a strong uptrend before this symmetrical triangle started forming).  Wow.  It is truly too big to fail.

2084807919_BoeingCo(AllSessions)_20191024_15_20.thumb.png.05563f71ced6989df5335bdadb41f1cc.png

Edited by dmedin
  • 2 weeks later...

I doubt there's any chance of Boeing dropping below 29000.

Like Muilenberg, the slippery little serpent who will retire a billionaire, this stock is not subject to the same rules as the little people are.  Heck, I bet that by this time next year the share price is at an all time high.

BA-Daily.thumb.png.ef26b640e9f72286c4781cd1475e91d8.png

• 4 weeks later...

It's consistently making higher lows, there's too much buying pressure to allow this to make any serious drops.

Interesting how a California company's negligence causes 80+ deaths and it (rightfully) is sued into administration and (hopefully) nationalized, but Boeing's negligence kills 300+ and it just has to make a small payout and carry on as normal.  'Too big to fail'

BA-Daily.thumb.png.d9fbe280bd23723f29178455f411b438.png

This is the obverse of the medal.  I should have put my short on back in August with a stop above the ATH and let it run.  See?  All it would have taken is to use a future-dated contract, and that would have dealt with the overnight funding/dividend cr@p.

Sometimes it's just better to hold on to a position for a while.  'Let it brew.'  Lesson learned.