Sign in to follow this  

Where's Boeing going, Cohen?

4 minutes ago, Trevbeats said:

Why cant I get boeing on my charts anyone help ?

The chart is there ok, Boeing announced this morning it was having to temp shut down production, first time for 2 decades.

image.thumb.png.c915dd0aa7d8cddbd98162b20342e056.png

Boeing storming back up again, going to fill that gap?  Another one that's totally unpredictable and untradable using TA ...

2017730860_BoeingCo(AllSessions)_20191218_17_17.thumb.png.fe554214230c17c0a8d41c0af025868a.png

On 17/12/2019 at 11:43, Kodiak said:

Dont worry, buy the dip

Load up buy orders around 30- ish

USA.png

You're right and I have nobody to blame but myself - Boeing is just 'too big to fail'.  

Should never short the big U.S. equities if you're just retail pond life ****.  Will get burned EVERY.  SINGLE.  TIME.

20 minutes ago, dmedin said:

You're right and I have nobody to blame but myself - Boeing is just 'too big to fail'.  

Should never short the big U.S. equities if you're just retail pond life ****.  Will get burned EVERY.  SINGLE.  TIME.

yes you're right, don't short this stuff, ever. watch the cardinal cash vid in the Something Interesting thread and learn 🙂.

• Great! 1

7 minutes ago, Mercury said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51058929

Looks like a major wave 5 turn completed on strong NMD.  Now a 1-2 bearish direction retrace is in, just looking for a lower low to nail it on.

BA-Monthly_100120.thumb.png.ab05e405bade695af0016deee47ce4aa.png

There's no possible way Boeing will fall that far, at least on this side of the apocalypse.  Not that I don't think it deserves to, but America is far too corrupt (politically as well as in the corporate world).

Edited by dmedin

9 minutes ago, dmedin said:

There's no possible way Boeing will fall that far, at least on this side of the apocalypse.  Not that I don't think it deserves to, but America is far too corrupt (politically as well as in the corporate world).

No one (or institution) has the power to stop the crash once it takes hold.  Corruption, or just plain old vanilla manipulation out of good intentions, will eventually implode.  The case the Bears put forward is that the more effort that goes into juicing the markets the harder the crash will be.  It isn't the first time this has happened and those that believe this time is different will be just as wrong as the people who said that before.  Of course timing is everything but you don't have to trade the top, just recognise when it has come in and change your directional bias.  What I am saying is that if Boeing breaks lower then the trend has changed.  I don't know how far down it will go, the arrow is (or course) directional not quantitative...

• Like 1

Is it going to fall beneath $300?  🧐

Selection_002.thumb.jpg.be0e4cc62e2bedd32d7374958cc4fd5f.jpg

Looks like it has definitely broken out of the symmetrical triangle to the downside 😱

1353462225_BoeingCo(AllSessions)_20200120_12_42.thumb.png.da644ebb798c96e227437fc3f281250a.png

61% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to rise

😆

Edited by dmedin

Maybe they are not looking at a price chart there @dmedin.  I was talking to a friend over the weekend, who is not at all into financial markets, who suggested Boeing must be worth a buy given all the negative news and how much the share price has fallen.  You hear this kind of thing all the time these days, which is a sign of that complacency I keep mentioning.  If you look at a chart though and apply some simple analysis you see a different potential picture:

1. A Head & Shoulders top (note a true H&S only occurs at market tops and bottoms, at trend reversal points)
  2. Oscillators massively over bought at the ATH and NMD on the Monthly and Daily at the ATH.
  3. Credible wave 1-2 (purple and blue) - see daily chart
  4. NMD at the wave 2 (purple and blue) on the daily chart

Now price is apparently breaking through the neckline after a failed attempt to punch back above it.  A confirmed break lower here would lead us to a major zone of support between 27,000 - 30,000.  If that fails then the next strong zone of support is at the Fib 76/78% off the whole long term rally down at 10,000...

BA-Weekly.thumb.png.4f85f5b0b479454a0f03664f39867f64.pngBA-Daily.thumb.png.a70e031b7e29a800a1345904d5b6ae04.png

• Like 1

Still think technical analysis is **** that only works in hindsight..?

BA-Weekly.thumb.png.371b8c8f3a8f9fdf04908059f89fd74f.png

• Great! 1