Sign in to follow this  

Random Talk

Guest Baazex

Hello traders community ! My name is Wiame and I'm interessted to know with which broker you feel more conformable to trade with, please let know...

well IG would be a good place to start, but basically any regulated broker, ideally stationed in the UK or other well regulated region like America / Australia etc would be a clear choice. 

look deeper than just the top level costs. look at conversion costs and admin fees too. they mount up.

IG is fine, I have set up accounts with others but never actually traded with them yet.  I get bad vibes from Oanda (probably because it's NYC based, and Americans are very pushy and aggressive) and besides their web platform is confusing.  There are others but inertia has set in for me, at least until the next big platform cockup.

On 24/12/2019 at 08:21, Guest Baazex said:

Hello traders community ! My name is Wiame and I'm interessted to know with which broker you feel more conformable to trade with, please let know...

It wasn't clear which product you were referring to. You mentioned 'trade' which I suppose means 'trading'. Investing is a different thing and needs a different mindset. 

Overall I've stuck with IG because they appear much more transparent than other reputable brokers (my experience in CFDs and spreadbetting). 

IG also offers ProRealtime (PRT)inclusive for those who trade/invest regularly. I don't think any other broker offers this as inclusive. The PRT platform offers significant advantages too many to mention here. YouTube tells more. At first PRT seems daunting but practice over a few months brings out its advantages. 

I've found IG to be quite responsive to occasional platform issues. If you're English speaking you may encounter communication difficulties if you call outside hours. On occasions I got transferred to an English speaking person sounding like of Chinese origins. Though they speak English well, from my experience they don't appreciate subtle nuances of English as spoken in the UK. Out of hours services is pretty limited but better than nothing. 

Spreads are not as great for some currency pairs and other instruments - though IG would say differently. 

IG is also quite a Global operation with decades of experience. 

So overall I've stayed with IG, all considered. 

6 hours ago, Captain_Walker said:

If you're English speaking you may encounter communication difficulties if you call outside hours. On occasions I got transferred to an English speaking person sounding like of Chinese origins. Though they speak English well, from my experience they don't appreciate subtle nuances of English as spoken in the UK. Out of hours services is pretty limited but better than nothing. 

Now that the Tories are going to make Britain 'Singapore on steroids' hopefully there will be no more need for offshoring ... UK workers can be worked like slaves 24/7 instead :P 

31 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Now that the Tories are going to make Britain 'Singapore on steroids' hopefully there will be no more need for offshoring ... UK workers can be worked like slaves 24/7 instead :P 

Ha ha, - oops ...

"Singaporeans live longer and healthier lives than Europeans do. They are also much richer."

https://humanprogress.org/article.php?p=2125

31 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Ha ha, - oops ...

"Singaporeans live longer and healthier lives than Europeans do. They are also much richer."

https://humanprogress.org/article.php?p=2125

Oh of course, all those fat Tory voting blowhards that go as 'financial experts' and 'economists' had exactly THAT in mind.  Of course.  Jacob Rees-Mogg and John Redwood are well-known humanitarians :D:D:D:D