Alibaba position closed without my authorization?

Frodoscious

Question

Checking my positions today I discovered that my Alibaba position was cashed in last October.

I had no notification of this so it's very disappointing news.

As this is an ISA investment does that mean that I lose that allowance from that year? i.e. I can't now reinvest taking advantage of the ISA status.

Thank you

3 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Frodoscious said:

No answers. No reasons.

hi, I don't think anyone from IG was on the forum yesterday. Charlotte is the main go to person so if you add @  as in        @CharlotteIG she will get a notification her tag was mentioned in a post.

Also consider they can't address specific account queries on a public forum so may end up pointing you towards the IG helpdesk to pursue the issue further.   

On 09/01/2020 at 00:53, Frodoscious said:

Checking my positions today I discovered that my Alibaba position was cashed in last October.

I had no notification of this so it's very disappointing news.

As this is an ISA investment does that mean that I lose that allowance from that year? i.e. I can't now reinvest taking advantage of the ISA status.

Thank you

Thanks for your message.

This stock was changed to non-isa eligible. We contact clients holding positions, via email, to let them know they they could close the position themselves, move the shares to the share dealing account or wait for us to close them out. 

The email would have been sent out 1-2 weeks before closing them.

The cash you have from us selling them will still count toward the tax year that you invested the funds.

• Like 1