US OIL

Caseynotes

May Futures contract expiry in just 3 days, make sure you have your Rollover choice selected and submitted  in advance, see the 'Setting's page on your 'My IG' dashboard (pic below).

If 'enable rollovers' is selected the May contract position is closed before expiry and a new equivalent position is opened for the June contract (IG used to give a discount on the spread of the new contract for auto rollovers, not sure if still do).

image.thumb.png.8c849410a6b5ba95dba400133c6658e7.png

Guest Warrior

Difference of May contract and June contract is $5+. How to calculate rollover price roughly if I have long positions at present. Will I need to pay extra? Please help with example or someone can recommend calculator.

Does anybody know where the IG US Oil Spot price comes from?

It has been quite higher than historical daily WTI spot published by EIA:
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/rwtcD.htm

E.g., on 13 April the EIA reported $22.36 and in IG it was around $28?

tks!

18 hours ago, Guest Warrior said:

Difference of May contract and June contract is $5+. How to calculate rollover price roughly if I have long positions at present. Will I need to pay extra? Please help with example or someone can recommend calculator.

Hi, on rollover (Monday) your May contract will be closed just before expiry and a new June contract opened at the June Ask price so you just pay the June contract price spread.

18 hours ago, fihagil said:

Does anybody know where the IG US Oil Spot price comes from?

It has been quite higher than historical daily WTI spot published by EIA:
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/rwtcD.htm

E.g., on 13 April the EIA reported $22.36 and in IG it was around $28?

tks!

Hi, as mentioned in another thread many agencies list the spot price using just the front futures contract as the underlying (May $20) but many brokers instead look at available liquidity and so use a calculation based on the 2 most liquid futures contracts as the underlying for their spot price.

image.thumb.png.ab1a09a41a92cc96a2a5be8ae9945cdb.png

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Lawrenceofarabia said:

I want to trade oil at the price it is now but it wont let me, is there something im doing wrong?

hi, the May futures contract is closed to open as it expires today but you should be able to place a trade on the spot chart or the June or July futures charts.

^This

What am I trading on IG if I'm not trading the same USOIL chart that everyone else seems to be trading?

I'm in my MT4 account on USOIL at it looks nothing like the USOIL on tradingview. Whats the deal? Sorry if I/we should no this but I thought USOIL was USOIL?

6 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

hi, the May futures contract is closed to open as it expires today but you should be able to place a trade on the spot chart or the June or July futures charts.

Hi, I have checked both May, June & July future's charts. Only May future chart reflect current market price (below US$6 as of now, but not open for trade). Whereas charts for June & July future are not reflecting current market price. How can I trade current market price for US Crude?

Charts; US Oil Spot + the closed May futs + June + July.

The May contract actually closed on the exchange at minus $37.63, never been negative before.

May futures rollover to the June contract.

Futures not available on mt4.

They are all individual markets with their own price and price drivers but the other contracts will be looking hard at the May lead.

Really not sure how the overnight funding for Spot will go but the May price should be out of the calculation.  

image.thumb.png.a82b4de33e4da531656caa92631342fb.png

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• image.png

• MEXC Referns Kod u: “mexc-rb” olarak kullanilir. Dünyada en çok kullanılan, ömür boyu geçerli, en yüksek indirim oranına sahip MEXC referns kod udur. MEXC kripto para borsasına kayıt olurken “Davet Kod u” yazan yere “mexc-rb” yazınız. Alacağınız işlem ücreti indirimi % 100'dür. Ayrıca 1000$ USDT komisyon iade bonusu alacaksınız. Kripto para borsası MEXC Referns Kod u: “mexc-rb” ile vadeli işlem yani futures işlem ücreti indirimleri ve spot ve marjin işlem ücreti indirimleri kazanırsınız. Ayrıca bonuslar ve bir çok promosyon kazanırsınız. Teknoloji ve finans dünyasında yatırım ve ticaret yapmak için hemen MEXC borsasına: “mexc-rb” referns kod u ile kayıt olun.
    • MEXC Referns Kod u: “mexc-rb” olarak kullanilir. Dünyada en çok kullanılan, ömür boyu geçerli, en yüksek indirim oranına sahip MEXC referns kod udur. MEXC kripto para borsasına kayıt olurken “Davet Kod u” yazan yere “mexc-rb” yazınız. Alacağınız işlem ücreti indirimi % 100'dür. Ayrıca 1000$ USDT komisyon iade bonusu alacaksınız. Kripto para borsası MEXC Referns Kod u: “mexc-rb” ile vadeli işlem yani futures işlem ücreti indirimleri ve spot ve marjin işlem ücreti indirimleri kazanırsınız. Ayrıca bonuslar ve bir çok promosyon kazanırsınız. Teknoloji ve finans dünyasında yatırım ve ticaret yapmak için hemen MEXC borsasına: “mexc-rb” referns kod u ile kayıt olun.
    • Gain Advantages in the Crypto World with Gateio ReferrlCode: 3930511 Introduction: Gate.io is known as a reliable and innovative platform for cryptocurrency trading. By joining the platform with the Gateio Referrlcode "3930511", you can take advantage of various benefits. In this article, we will explore the opportunities offered by the Gate.io referrl code, how to use it, and the technical benefits it provides. What is the Gate.io ReferrlCode? The Gate.io Referrlcode "3930511" is a unique code that new users can use when signing up on the platform. Entering this code during the registration process or while managing your account grants you various bonuses and rewards. Benefits of the ReferrlCode: Trading Fee Discount: By signing up with the Gate.io Referrlcode "3930511", you can receive a discount on trading fees. This can reduce your trading costs over time and help you earn more profit. Bonus Cryptocurrency: When you use the code to register, you may receive a certain amount of bonus cryptocurrency. These bonuses can help increase your trading capital. Reward Programs: Gate.io offers various reward programs for users who use the Referrlcode. These programs allow you to earn extra rewards based on your trading volume. Technical Details and Usage: Registration Process: During the registration on Gate.io, enter the code "3930511" in the "ReferrlCode" field. This step will link the referrl code to your account and enable you to benefit from the associated advantages. API Usage: Gate.io offers API support for advanced users. These APIs allow you to create trading bots and implement automated trading strategies. By signing up with the Referrlcode, you can access additional resources and support for API usage. Security Features: Gate.io provides advanced security measures such as two-factor authentication (2FA), cold storage, and regular security audits to ensure the safety of its users. By registering with the Referrlcode, you can also benefit from these security features. Conclusion: By joining the platform with the Gate.io Referrlcode "3930511", you can reduce your trading costs, earn bonus cryptocurrency, and take advantage of reward programs. Additionally, you can optimize your trading experience with technical benefits like API support and advanced security features. Sign up now and start benefiting from these advantages with the Gate.io Referrlcode!
us