Can't close order on MT4 platform

Question

Hi, I have been having this problem of not able to close the order manually. Most times when I click on the Close bar (the Yellow bar), it always prompt me "Invalid price". I have to click on the Close bar several times before it finally execute the closure. But by the time I got the order closed, I have already lost several pips. 

I am also using other broker with MT4 platform but I do not face such issue.

IG server having problem or what?

• Sad 1

8 answers to this question

I am using live. That's where I am loosing money if I cant close the order in time. Tried calling IG hotline and was put on hold and it seems waiting for them is forever.. 😞

They need to resolve this fast else I am pulling out! I am loosing money and they are not!

Cant close cant buy. Someone ho can recommend a broker i can trade with.

5 minutes ago, dandroid001 said:

Hi, I have been having this problem of not able to close the order manually. Most times when I click on the Close bar (the Yellow bar), it always prompt me "Invalid price". I have to click on the Close bar several times before it finally execute the closure. But by the time I got the order closed, I have already lost several pips. 

not sure which trade terminal (panel) you are using, I don't recognise a 'yellow bar'. If you open the mt4 'Terminal' (icon top left) and select the Trades tab there is a close button there.

There should be no 'invalid price' notice on closing a trade.

4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

not sure which trade terminal (panel) you are using, I don't recognise a 'yellow bar'. If you open the mt4 'Terminal' (icon top left) and select the Trades tab there is a close button there.

There should be no 'invalid price' notice on closing a trade.

see attached. the Close order (Yellow) bar. When I click on it, it shows invalid price. I have to click several times before I can finally close the order.

Yellow bar.JPG

6 minutes ago, dandroid001 said:

see attached. the Close order (Yellow) bar. When I click on it, it shows invalid price. I have to click several times before I can finally close the order.

Yellow bar.JPG

ok, you might be better off using one of the IG apps such as the mini terminal or the Trade terminal. You can download them as a pack from the IG mt4 web page or use the close button in Terminal as described above. 

I am having more of such issues now. Opening trades are ok but closing them is a hit and miss thing. need to exectue multiple times before the trade finally closed and by then. Profit became loss!

On 02/03/2020 at 17:14, dandroid001 said:

You are not alone. I have been experiencing this since Monday.Some contributors said that its due to mkt volatility...but i find it strange as i've used mt4 on other brokers platform...no none seem to have this experience. I am using a demo account to test the reliability of using mt4 on ig .but so far the experience has been less than desirable. There are just too many invalid and requotes incidences and they last a long time.. even previously not now due to the volatility of the mkt.
My chart is syncing properly but when i open the order page..the price shown is simply dead...not moving in accordance with the chart prices..thats why...it doesnt allow the user to open or close a posn...thats why  requote and invalid prices kept showing up. 
I am inclined to believe that it is due to some technical issues rather than the volatility of the mkt as you dont see that in other brokers platform.
As i am on demo...its alright..but i dont know if those on live platform...if they experience this problem...they will be at the mercy of the mkt..if unable to close their posn....

Same to me on a lot of charts... I can not even BUY, so I imagine it is a bit more stressful if not able to close the position.