Jump to content
  • 1

restricted from opening any position


kelvinnsw

Question

hey guys, havent been trading or using this account for quite some time (less than a year) and decided to open a trade today morning. managed to deposit money into the account but unable to make a trade due to ''your account has been restricted from opening any position, please contact the helpdesk for more information.''. tried to call multiple times to the helpdesk to seek help but calls were not picked up at all. waited for almost 2 hours and by that time my position to enter had already been long gone. had to incur transaction fees from depositing money into my account w/o being able to place my trade.

 

anyway i could waive this transaction fees as well as enabling my account for future trades?

 

thank you.

Link to comment

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 10/03/2020 at 03:30, kelvinnsw said:

hey guys, havent been trading or using this account for quite some time (less than a year) and decided to open a trade today morning. managed to deposit money into the account but unable to make a trade due to ''your account has been restricted from opening any position, please contact the helpdesk for more information.''. tried to call multiple times to the helpdesk to seek help but calls were not picked up at all. waited for almost 2 hours and by that time my position to enter had already been long gone. had to incur transaction fees from depositing money into my account w/o being able to place my trade.

 

anyway i could waive this transaction fees as well as enabling my account for future trades?

 

thank you.

If this is the case, please do give us a call so we can look into what the issue is and resolving it. 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 12/03/2020 at 17:14, CharlotteIG said:

If this is the case, please do give us a call so we can look into what the issue is and resolving it. 

HI,

I have the same problem, just coming back to a dormant account.

Tried calling Singapore's support hotline a few times already, but have been put on hold each time.

Haven't received a response for the email to helpdesk too.

 

 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 12/03/2020 at 09:14, CharlotteIG said:

If this is the case, please do give us a call so we can look into what the issue is and resolving it. 

Hi,

I have the same problem and i have been trying to call and email for the solution. Yet it replied for once said that I have changed the address. I did change the address for 30 seconds and then I changed it back. I have been calling for several times to address this problem but it seems on hold every time.

Link to comment
  • 0
11 hours ago, Jtang said:

Hi,

I have the same problem and i have been trying to call and email for the solution. Yet it replied for once said that I have changed the address. I did change the address for 30 seconds and then I changed it back. I have been calling for several times to address this problem but it seems on hold every time.

Thanks for your post. 

Our client facing team are emailing/ taking as many calls as possible. 

If your address isn't changing on your account someone should email you soon to let you know why. 

All the best 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 10/03/2020 at 03:30, kelvinnsw said:

hey guys, havent been trading or using this account for quite some time (less than a year) and decided to open a trade today morning. managed to deposit money into the account but unable to make a trade due to ''your account has been restricted from opening any position, please contact the helpdesk for more information.''. tried to call multiple times to the helpdesk to seek help but calls were not picked up at all. waited for almost 2 hours and by that time my position to enter had already been long gone. had to incur transaction fees from depositing money into my account w/o being able to place my trade.

 

anyway i could waive this transaction fees as well as enabling my account for future trades?

 

thank you.

 

Link to comment
  • 0
2 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your post. 

Our client facing team are emailing/ taking as many calls as possible. 

If your address isn't changing on your account someone should email you soon to let you know why. 

All the best 

There have doen  absoultely  nothing i am  still on  hold  from 2.55pm  I've  sent  emaiuls  nothing  -  nothing

Link to comment
  • 0
On 07/10/2020 at 14:15, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your post. 

There's lots of reasons this could happen it's best to reach out to us. I will get someone to send you an email. 

The main reason this could happen is if you've changed your address multiple times or your addressed don't match documentation you've sent in. The way to resolve this is to send ID, utility bill and bank statement.

All the best. 

 

2 hours ago, bkhan said:

I am trying to but shares in my Isa and share dealing account. But get an error message saying. You are currently restricted from opening any new positions. 
 

I have tried calling IG been on hold for so long. have also emailed them. Waiting for a response.

This is the second time I’m posting this. I have had 0 response. Horrible customer service 

 

On 17/02/2021 at 01:21, bkhan said:

Same issue. With me today. No response from helpdesk

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      16,624
    • Total Posts
      79,343
    • Total Members
      65,118
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    SMogul
    Joined 01/12/21 23:58
  • Posts

    • Hello @SillyMilly I think you are referring to purchasing crypto for holding, like people who buy gold or silver as a store of value, while @MongiIG and @ArvinIG are referring to the activity of "trading" since IG is a trading platform, i.e. for those who want to buy and sell assets as a mean to make a profit. In that sense they are right in pointing out that the FCA (the Financial Conduct Authority (UK)) which is the main governing body for the financial sector (I believe) has ruled against the activity of trading cryptocurrencies for non-professionals. I think perhaps due to the very risky nature of trading in crypto, which are prone to extreme volatility. Having said all that, you can purchase crypto through an exchange. I am not sure if there are any legal restrictions in the UK, but I doubt it. I suggest you do a Google search for "Crypto Exchanges UK". Good luck
    • Hi I would like to buy a few gold sovereign coins to keep for a couple of years or so then sell on later in the hope of beating hyper inflation I was told not to buy them online or mail order because the postage is very expencive and I was told to buy them in person I live in Manchester, UK. Surgestions please on where to look if considering buying. Buying somewhere that is safe so I know I am getting real gold and somewhere that dose not charge an extortion on broker fees? I was also told to avoid jewelers has there transaction fees where extortion   Thanks
×
×
  • Create New...