restricted from opening any position

kelvinnsw

Question

hey guys, havent been trading or using this account for quite some time (less than a year) and decided to open a trade today morning. managed to deposit money into the account but unable to make a trade due to ''your account has been restricted from opening any position, please contact the helpdesk for more information.''. tried to call multiple times to the helpdesk to seek help but calls were not picked up at all. waited for almost 2 hours and by that time my position to enter had already been long gone. had to incur transaction fees from depositing money into my account w/o being able to place my trade.

anyway i could waive this transaction fees as well as enabling my account for future trades?

thank you.

11 answers to this question

On 10/03/2020 at 03:30, kelvinnsw said:

hey guys, havent been trading or using this account for quite some time (less than a year) and decided to open a trade today morning. managed to deposit money into the account but unable to make a trade due to ''your account has been restricted from opening any position, please contact the helpdesk for more information.''. tried to call multiple times to the helpdesk to seek help but calls were not picked up at all. waited for almost 2 hours and by that time my position to enter had already been long gone. had to incur transaction fees from depositing money into my account w/o being able to place my trade.

anyway i could waive this transaction fees as well as enabling my account for future trades?

thank you.

If this is the case, please do give us a call so we can look into what the issue is and resolving it. 

On 12/03/2020 at 17:14, CharlotteIG said:

If this is the case, please do give us a call so we can look into what the issue is and resolving it. 

HI,

I have the same problem, just coming back to a dormant account.

Tried calling Singapore's support hotline a few times already, but have been put on hold each time.

Haven't received a response for the email to helpdesk too.

On 12/03/2020 at 09:14, CharlotteIG said:

Hi,

I have the same problem and i have been trying to call and email for the solution. Yet it replied for once said that I have changed the address. I did change the address for 30 seconds and then I changed it back. I have been calling for several times to address this problem but it seems on hold every time.

11 hours ago, Jtang said:

Hi,

I have the same problem and i have been trying to call and email for the solution. Yet it replied for once said that I have changed the address. I did change the address for 30 seconds and then I changed it back. I have been calling for several times to address this problem but it seems on hold every time.

Thanks for your post. 

Our client facing team are emailing/ taking as many calls as possible. 

If your address isn't changing on your account someone should email you soon to let you know why. 

All the best 

On 10/03/2020 at 03:30, kelvinnsw said:

thank you.

2 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your post. 

Our client facing team are emailing/ taking as many calls as possible. 

If your address isn't changing on your account someone should email you soon to let you know why. 

All the best 

There have doen  absoultely  nothing i am  still on  hold  from 2.55pm  I've  sent  emaiuls  nothing  -  nothing

On 07/10/2020 at 14:15, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your post. 

There's lots of reasons this could happen it's best to reach out to us. I will get someone to send you an email. 

The main reason this could happen is if you've changed your address multiple times or your addressed don't match documentation you've sent in. The way to resolve this is to send ID, utility bill and bank statement.

All the best. 

2 hours ago, bkhan said:

I am trying to but shares in my Isa and share dealing account. But get an error message saying. You are currently restricted from opening any new positions. 

I have tried calling IG been on hold for so long. have also emailed them. Waiting for a response.

This is the second time I’m posting this. I have had 0 response. Horrible customer service 

On 17/02/2021 at 01:21, bkhan said:

Same issue. With me today. No response from helpdesk

• Like 1