US Indices Specific

Very great and exciting as long as you don't mind empty shelves in the super market (unable to get a packet of paracetamol anywhere), stupid people being stupid, fear uncertainty and doubt and unrelenting misery and depression ... other than that very exciting.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Hagbeth said:

I did and now I've been put in my place!  Great time to start out as a trader. Fast learning curve! :D

Haha... the real education comes from losing. Nobody on here who trades real money can win every single trade. We are getting at least 1000- 2000 points a day retracements. Best time to learn from all the scenarios. When all this is over, Dow might end up moving 200-300 points on a slow day like before.

3 hours ago, dmedin said:

Very great and exciting as long as you don't mind empty shelves in the super market (unable to get a packet of paracetamol anywhere), stupid people being stupid, fear uncertainty and doubt and unrelenting misery and depression ... other than that very exciting.

Have you checked the annual % of deaths from taking otc painkillers? Not far off from this deadly civilisation ending coronavirus.

Edited by HPbrand
43 minutes ago, HPbrand said:

A big move is brewing.....

Yep, I agree...

Up until late February the S&P500 was trading in a 30/40 point range with similarly small daily moves. Now we are looking at 200-300 point ranges with 100-200 point moves...until this week.
The last 3 days (including today) have seen large ranges (200 points) but small moves (less than 50 points). This signifies that the market is pulling up and down with no clear direction...

sp.thumb.PNG.13184d6d27a635eb8d815c74cf1afdcc.PNG

Orange: Daily Move

Blue: Daily Range

Powered by https://www.excelpricefeed.com

• Like 1

I think we are going to witness possibly a 1000-2000 points move in the Dow in either direction very very soon, maybe next week. If it goes up first, then it could be a 2000-4000 points drop straight after depending how much it shoots up.

I hope I'm wrong because this is going to be #%$£&! crazy volatile meaning sleepless nights. Even if it drops that much, it has even further to drop based on my probabilities. 

• Great! 1

Messed up a trade by leaving an open buy position on CMC therefore opened an IG account today to hedge that trade.  Can you let me know if the Dow weekend index on IG reflects a fair view of the direction of travel? 

Edited by Zanthos

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Anton Kreil has made a new trading course available for those interested in surviving and profiting from the current market conditions. Hurry with your $$$$ and buy the course. It will change your life. Guaranteed!!

• Great! 1
On 21/03/2020 at 12:43, dmedin said:

I gave up 100% of my gains trying to call a bottom the other day.

I'm a stupid ****!

Do not do that my friend. The market will outsmart you. When you make some profits, be grateful and exit the markets if you don't have complete confidence in your own trading system. If you do it this way, you will be a winner.

• Thought provoking 1

My prediction for the Dow tomorrow.....

From a psychological point of view, I think tomorrow will be an extremely volatile day. Maybe the most volatile for the rest of this trading week. The markets can get tired too so likely after tomorrow, the following 4 trading days will be less of a rollercoaster. But the following week though.....watch out. 3000-4000 points in a trading day in either direction is quite likely.

• Thought provoking 1

Extreme low for Dow is a real possibility. Cannot pinpoint the exact day but the probability is reasonably high for this occurrence. Perhaps I should visit Waddesdon Manor and ask Uncle Jacob what number he had in mind.

Edited by HPbrand

I think the Dow is finally getting tired to keep dropping today. Depending on the closing, we can estimate the likelihood of direction for tomorrow at least. Regardless of direction, Dow is likely to kick back and take it more slowly for the rest of the trading week.

• Great! 1