Jump to content
  • 0

Trades Closing automatically


nit2wynit

Question

Hi, this has been happening a lot lately.  I've had a small trade running on Centrica PLC.  It's been running overnight.  I never had a Limit in place, but I've woke to find the position Closed.  This has happened too many times now.  What is telling is that the Deal Ticket remembers my last trade and is showing my Stop correctly @ around 10pts, but a Limit of 1.43pts.

I have emailed IG over 1 month ago but have still not received a reply regarding my concerns.   After speaking with @CharlotteIG a couple of weeks ago I have noticed a missed call on my phone.  I have assumed this to be IG, but they have not called back and I have been un-able to get thru on the phone.  While this issue is not what I reported in the email, it is directly related.

This must Stop.  We must find a reason and solution to why this keeps happening.

Edited by nit2wynit
Link to comment

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
7 hours ago, nit2wynit said:

Hi, this has been happening a lot lately.  I've had a small trade running on Centrica PLC.  It's been running overnight.  I never had a Limit in place, but I've woke to find the position Closed.  This has happened too many times now.  What is telling is that the Deal Ticket remembers my last trade and is showing my Stop correctly @ around 10pts, but a Limit of 1.43pts.

I have emailed IG over 1 month ago but have still not received a reply regarding my concerns.   After speaking with @CharlotteIG a couple of weeks ago I have noticed a missed call on my phone.  I have assumed this to be IG, but they have not called back and I have been un-able to get thru on the phone.  While this issue is not what I reported in the email, it is directly related.

This must Stop.  We must find a reason and solution to why this keeps happening.

Hey @nit2wynit

You mentioned that the stops and limits save. Have you tried turning off and back on the the stops and limits setting. Once turned on it should forget both s&l. Then turn it back on, put a trade on with a stop at 10 if that's what you want it to remember and check if the issue still occurs. 

image.png

 

Im not sure if this is the issue as I can't look into your account but I would advise emailing us but cc'ing in Kenneth.Fasedemi@ig.com. He works on our trading floor. If you state the issue you're experiancing and a time tomorrow that you're free he will be able to call/ email you back. 

He will be able to look into the account, if it's an easy fix he will be able to call and assist if not he will be able to pass this onto our technical team. 

All the best 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
1 minute ago, CharlotteIG said:

You mentioned that the stops and limits save. Have you tried turning off and back on the the stops and limits setting. Once turned on it should forget both s&l. Then turn it back on, put a trade on with a stop at 10 if that's what you want it to remember and check if the issue still occurs. 

Thanks Charlotte, but I've no problem with it remembering the inputs etc. in fact I desire it to trade quickly, but in these recurring instances the Limit is set where I have not input a limit!  I don't ever set limits when placing Long trades.    However, in this instance the Limit stop worked in my favour.   I'll see about sending my emails again as you've suggested.  Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
On 30/04/2020 at 18:22, nit2wynit said:

Thanks Charlotte, but I've no problem with it remembering the inputs etc. in fact I desire it to trade quickly, but in these recurring instances the Limit is set where I have not input a limit!  I don't ever set limits when placing Long trades.    However, in this instance the Limit stop worked in my favour.   I'll see about sending my emails again as you've suggested.  Thanks.

Please do cc in Kenneth, he's great and will always go he extra mile to make sure it's sorted, thanks :) 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 05/05/2020 at 09:06, CharlotteIG said:

Please do cc in Kenneth, he's great and will always go he extra mile to make sure it's sorted, thanks :) 

I've been busy as usual since i started this thread, so I've not had a chance to send the e-mail.

However, today i have a trade running on SIG PLC.  It's been running a few days.  My Stop was at - £10....................I never had a Limit......however, now the Stop doesn't exist...........................it's basically at my Buy price.................???? :O

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 08/05/2020 at 00:36, nit2wynit said:

I've been busy as usual since i started this thread, so I've not had a chance to send the e-mail.

However, today i have a trade running on SIG PLC.  It's been running a few days.  My Stop was at - £10....................I never had a Limit......however, now the Stop doesn't exist...........................it's basically at my Buy price.................???? 😮

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey, 

If this is the case please reach out as soon as possible. 

This needs to be sorted as it's impacting your trading.

All the best 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 11/05/2020 at 15:13, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, 

If this is the case please reach out as soon as possible. 

This needs to be sorted as it's impacting your trading.

All the best 

@CharlotteIG I've pretty much given up now.  Over a year an no phone calls or emails returned.  even today i have a running trade on Velocys Plc.  I can't move my Stop or close the Trade.  I've restarted my machine.  The volume data is missing.  The candles for the day are missing.  

Edit.  Somehow the candles are back.  One minute they're there, the next they're gone.  I've lost too much using this platform.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

  • Posts

    • Hi    when I try to buy the tickers SDIV and KBWD the platform does not allow me. This is strange as I have a broker account in France where I can easily buy these products. the MIFID retail legislation is related to CFD and margin, hence the reason must be different, can anybody help me?   Thanks
    • BOOM UP is the ultimate Game-Fi experience on Telegram, offering gamers a chance to earn real profits while immersing themselves in thrilling gameplay, unique art, and social interactions. Say goodbye to time-consuming games and hello to a world where fun meets profitability! By blending traditional gaming with the power of blockchain, BOOM UP is revolutionizing the industry and bridging the gap between Web2 and Web3. Get ready to dive into the future of gaming and experience a whole new level of excitement and rewards! Exciting news – BOOM UP is about to launch on Bitget, taking the crypto world by storm. Don't miss out on the chance to be a part of this groundbreaking project that's set to redefine the gaming and finance landscape. Get ready to level up with BOOM UP on on this exchange and unlock endless possibilities in the world of Game-Fi and NFTs!
    • As crypto adoption explodes in the EU, Bitget is fueling the flames with Builders Meetups – engaging events designed for both crypto veterans and newbies. Imagine learning from the Bitget EU COO Apprentice and crypto bigwigs, then building your network with fellow enthusiasts (potential friends or collaborators!). Plus, expert talks will boost your crypto IQ and there might even be free swag! Bitget goes beyond exchange, fostering the community through educational resources on Bitget Academy and a user-friendly platform that welcomes newcomers to the exciting world of crypto. The "Meet Bitget: Your Gateway to Crypto Trading" event in Bucharest, Romania on July 18th is your chance to dive in – registration is free! Don't miss out and spread the word.
×
×
  • Create New...
us