Trades Closing automatically

nit2wynit

Question

Hi, this has been happening a lot lately.  I've had a small trade running on Centrica PLC.  It's been running overnight.  I never had a Limit in place, but I've woke to find the position Closed.  This has happened too many times now.  What is telling is that the Deal Ticket remembers my last trade and is showing my Stop correctly @ around 10pts, but a Limit of 1.43pts.

I have emailed IG over 1 month ago but have still not received a reply regarding my concerns.   After speaking with @CharlotteIG a couple of weeks ago I have noticed a missed call on my phone.  I have assumed this to be IG, but they have not called back and I have been un-able to get thru on the phone.  While this issue is not what I reported in the email, it is directly related.

This must Stop.  We must find a reason and solution to why this keeps happening.

Edited by nit2wynit

8 answers to this question

7 hours ago, nit2wynit said:

Hi, this has been happening a lot lately.  I've had a small trade running on Centrica PLC.  It's been running overnight.  I never had a Limit in place, but I've woke to find the position Closed.  This has happened too many times now.  What is telling is that the Deal Ticket remembers my last trade and is showing my Stop correctly @ around 10pts, but a Limit of 1.43pts.

I have emailed IG over 1 month ago but have still not received a reply regarding my concerns.   After speaking with @CharlotteIG a couple of weeks ago I have noticed a missed call on my phone.  I have assumed this to be IG, but they have not called back and I have been un-able to get thru on the phone.  While this issue is not what I reported in the email, it is directly related.

This must Stop.  We must find a reason and solution to why this keeps happening.

Hey @nit2wynit

You mentioned that the stops and limits save. Have you tried turning off and back on the the stops and limits setting. Once turned on it should forget both s&l. Then turn it back on, put a trade on with a stop at 10 if that's what you want it to remember and check if the issue still occurs. 

image.png

Im not sure if this is the issue as I can't look into your account but I would advise emailing us but cc'ing in Kenneth.Fasedemi@ig.com. He works on our trading floor. If you state the issue you're experiancing and a time tomorrow that you're free he will be able to call/ email you back. 

He will be able to look into the account, if it's an easy fix he will be able to call and assist if not he will be able to pass this onto our technical team. 

All the best 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CharlotteIG said:

You mentioned that the stops and limits save. Have you tried turning off and back on the the stops and limits setting. Once turned on it should forget both s&l. Then turn it back on, put a trade on with a stop at 10 if that's what you want it to remember and check if the issue still occurs. 

Thanks Charlotte, but I've no problem with it remembering the inputs etc. in fact I desire it to trade quickly, but in these recurring instances the Limit is set where I have not input a limit!  I don't ever set limits when placing Long trades.    However, in this instance the Limit stop worked in my favour.   I'll see about sending my emails again as you've suggested.  Thanks.

• Like 1
On 30/04/2020 at 18:22, nit2wynit said:

Thanks Charlotte, but I've no problem with it remembering the inputs etc. in fact I desire it to trade quickly, but in these recurring instances the Limit is set where I have not input a limit!  I don't ever set limits when placing Long trades.    However, in this instance the Limit stop worked in my favour.   I'll see about sending my emails again as you've suggested.  Thanks.

Please do cc in Kenneth, he's great and will always go he extra mile to make sure it's sorted, thanks :) 

On 05/05/2020 at 09:06, CharlotteIG said:

Please do cc in Kenneth, he's great and will always go he extra mile to make sure it's sorted, thanks :) 

I've been busy as usual since i started this thread, so I've not had a chance to send the e-mail.

However, today i have a trade running on SIG PLC.  It's been running a few days.  My Stop was at - £10....................I never had a Limit......however, now the Stop doesn't exist...........................it's basically at my Buy price.................???? :O

On 08/05/2020 at 00:36, nit2wynit said:

I've been busy as usual since i started this thread, so I've not had a chance to send the e-mail.

However, today i have a trade running on SIG PLC.  It's been running a few days.  My Stop was at - £10....................I never had a Limit......however, now the Stop doesn't exist...........................it's basically at my Buy price.................???? 😮

Hey, 

If this is the case please reach out as soon as possible. 

This needs to be sorted as it's impacting your trading.

All the best 

On 11/05/2020 at 15:13, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, 

If this is the case please reach out as soon as possible. 

This needs to be sorted as it's impacting your trading.

All the best 

@CharlotteIG I've pretty much given up now.  Over a year an no phone calls or emails returned.  even today i have a running trade on Velocys Plc.  I can't move my Stop or close the Trade.  I've restarted my machine.  The volume data is missing.  The candles for the day are missing.  

Edit.  Somehow the candles are back.  One minute they're there, the next they're gone.  I've lost too much using this platform.

• Sad 1