Indices

I have a theory as to why nobody else here posts their trades.

Do you want to hear it?

Okay.  The vast majority of retail punters LOSE and they don't want to show off that fact by exposing their trades.

Now, as to WHY they keep on trading even although they keep losing, that I cannot answer.

Just now, dmedin said:

I'm trying a pure candlestick/pivot/MACD strategy, using the MACD to help confirm turns as indicated by candle patterns.  The pivots are mainly there to give me a bearings.

..ok, on a higher level - you're trying to catch breakouts early..?

2 minutes ago, HMB said:

..ok, on a higher level - you're trying to catch breakouts early..?

More like momentum-following I think?

Trying to 'buy dips' and 'sell rallies' but indicators are useless for this purpose, as are moving averages, Fibonaccis and ... well, technical analysis in general :D 

Just now, HMB said:

...sorry, think I misunderstood, you said "turns"  - so I guess for an oscillating market, right..?

Yes?

I think so.

Maybe it needs a filter of some sort, such as not buying if it's trending down and not selling if it's trending up.  What is the 'trend' on a 15 minute time scale?

What is the 'trend' on a daily time scale at the moment?  neither up nor down ... 

Not moving the stop or any such like, as we are going for 1:1.5 risk-to-reward.  You don't move your stop to break even if you accept the potential loss at the beginning of a trade.  (If you are moving your stop to break even it means you weren't prepared to take that loss in the first place.)

Taking a fixed R:R is so counterintuitive, and keeps you out of big trending moves.  But even with a fixed R:R you still have to sit and watch your profits evaporate, in a slow excruciating torture.

Why do people trade?  It's about as much fun as getting your teeth removed.

162671209_WallStreet_20200929_20_21.thumb.png.a8fceaa6d1ca56096dd59442f1568f4c.png

Edited by dmedin
8 minutes ago, HMB said:

got it, I think

To make matters worse, when you 'backtest' (using any method) you get results that are completely different from live trading.

I even think my brain is reacting differently to TradingView charts and IG Demo charts.  Because on TradingView I have a 50% success rate and on IG I have a 100% failure rate :D

24 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Yes?

I think so.

Maybe it needs a filter of some sort, such as not buying if it's trending down and not selling if it's trending up.  What is the 'trend' on a 15 minute time scale?

What is the 'trend' on a daily time scale at the moment?  neither up nor down ... 

ok, makes sense now

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• image.png

• Binance റഫറൽ കോഡ് "ZNKAUKP3" എന്നത് ലോകത്തിലെ ഏറ്റവും വലിയ ക്രിപ്‌റ്റോകറൻസി പ്ലാറ്റ്‌ഫോമിലെ ഉപയോക്താക്കൾക്ക് അവരുടെ ഇടപാടുകളിൽ കൂടുതൽ നിയന്ത്രണം നേടാനും അവരുടെ ചലനങ്ങളുടെ വിശദമായ റെക്കോർഡ് നേടാനും ആഗ്രഹിക്കുന്ന ഒരു അത്യാവശ്യ ഉപകരണമാണ്. ബിനാൻസ് എക്സ്ചേഞ്ചിൽ, റഫറൽ കോഡിനും റഫറൽ ഐഡിക്കും ഒരേ അർത്ഥമുണ്ട്. നിലവിൽ, ബിനാൻസ് റഫറൽ ഐഡി "ZNKAUKP3" ആയി ഉപയോഗിക്കുന്നു. 20% കമ്മീഷൻ കിഴിവ് നിരക്കുള്ള, ആജീവനാന്ത സാധുതയുള്ള, ലോകത്ത് ഏറ്റവും കൂടുതൽ ഉപയോഗിക്കുന്ന Binance റഫറൽ ഐഡിയാണിത്. മത്സര നേട്ടം പുതിയ നിക്ഷേപകരെ ആകർഷിക്കുന്നതിനായി ക്രിപ്‌റ്റോകറൻസി എക്‌സ്‌ചേഞ്ചുകൾ റഫറൽ, അഫിലിയേറ്റ് പ്രോഗ്രാമുകൾ നടപ്പിലാക്കിയിട്ടുണ്ട്. Binance റഫറൽ ഐഡി "ZNKAUKP3" എന്ന പേരിൽ ജനപ്രിയമായതിനാൽ, നിങ്ങൾക്ക് 20% ആജീവനാന്ത കമ്മീഷൻ കിഴിവും 600 USDT സൈൻ-അപ്പ് ബോണസും ലഭിക്കും. ഈ വാചകം പോലെയുള്ള ഉള്ളടക്കം തയ്യാറാക്കുന്നതിലൂടെ, ഉയർന്ന മത്സരാധിഷ്ഠിത നേട്ടത്തിൽ നിന്ന് നിങ്ങൾക്ക് വരുമാനം നേടാനും കഴിയും.
    • លេខកូដយោង Binance "ZNKAUKP3" គឺជាឧបករណ៍សំខាន់មួយសម្រាប់អ្នកប្រើប្រាស់នៅលើវេទិកា cryptocurrency ដ៏ធំបំផុតរបស់ពិភពលោក ដែលចង់ទទួលបានការគ្រប់គ្រងបន្ថែមទៀតលើប្រតិបត្តិការរបស់ពួកគេ និងទទួលបានកំណត់ត្រាលម្អិតនៃចលនារបស់ពួកគេ។ នៅក្នុងការផ្លាស់ប្តូរ Binance លេខកូដយោង និងលេខសម្គាល់យោងមានអត្ថន័យដូចគ្នា។ បច្ចុប្បន្ន លេខសម្គាល់យោង Binance ត្រូវបានប្រើជា "ZNKAUKP3" ។ វាគឺជាលេខសម្គាល់ការបញ្ជូនបន្ត Binance ដែលត្រូវបានប្រើប្រាស់ច្រើនជាងគេបំផុតនៅក្នុងពិភពលោក ដែលមានសុពលភាពសម្រាប់ជីវិត ជាមួយនឹងអត្រាបញ្ចុះតម្លៃកំរៃជើងសារ 20%។ គុណសម្បត្តិប្រកួតប្រជែង ការផ្លាស់ប្តូរ Cryptocurrency បានអនុវត្តកម្មវិធីបញ្ជូនបន្ត និងសម្ព័ន្ធដើម្បីទាក់ទាញអ្នកវិនិយោគថ្មី។ ចាប់តាំងពីលេខសម្គាល់ការបញ្ជូនបន្ត Binance បានក្លាយជាការពេញនិយមជា "ZNKAUKP3" អ្នកអាចទទួលបានការបញ្ចុះតម្លៃកំរៃជើងសារពេញមួយជីវិត 20% និងប្រាក់រង្វាន់សម្រាប់ការចុះឈ្មោះ 600 USDT ។ តាមរយៈការរៀបចំខ្លឹមសារដូចអត្ថបទនេះ អ្នកក៏អាចរកប្រាក់ចំណូលបានពីអត្ថប្រយោជន៍ប្រកួតប្រជែងខ្ពស់។
    • Binance रेफरल ID "ZNKAUKP3" विश्वको सबैभन्दा ठूलो क्रिप्टोकरेन्सी प्लेटफर्मका प्रयोगकर्ताहरूका लागि आवश्यक उपकरण हो जसले आफ्नो लेनदेनमा थप नियन्त्रण प्राप्त गर्न र तिनीहरूको चालहरूको विस्तृत रेकर्ड प्राप्त गर्न चाहन्छ। Binance विनिमय मा, रेफरल कोड र रेफरल ID को समान अर्थ छ। हाल, Binance रेफरल आईडी "ZNKAUKP3" को रूपमा प्रयोग गरिन्छ। यो संसारमा सबैभन्दा बढी प्रयोग हुने Binance रेफरल ID हो, जीवनभरको लागि मान्य, २०% कमीशन छुट दरको साथ। प्रतिस्पर्धात्मक लाभ क्रिप्टोकरेन्सी एक्सचेन्जहरूले नयाँ लगानीकर्ताहरूलाई आकर्षित गर्न सन्दर्भ र सम्बद्ध कार्यक्रमहरू लागू गरेका छन्। Binance रेफरल ID "ZNKAUKP3" को रूपमा लोकप्रिय भएको कारणले, तपाईंले 20% आजीवन कमीशन छुट र 600 USDT साइन-अप बोनस प्राप्त गर्न सक्नुहुन्छ। यस पाठ जस्तो सामग्री तयार गरेर, तपाइँ उच्च प्रतिस्पर्धात्मक लाभबाट पनि आम्दानी गर्न सक्नुहुन्छ।
us