Indicator alerts not working...again

Question

Hi there,

Is anybody else having issues with the indicator alerts? Mine stopped about a week ago. I have been into the platform and reset them all but still nothing is working.

Be good to get some feedback from IG staff please.

Thanks

9 answers to this question

I’m also having the same issue. My alerts stopped notifying me unless I actually go into the alerts tab.

However, my alerts seemed to stop after the GDPR update, so I’m thinking that there must be a way to reset notification status for alerts?

10 hours ago, CPC69 said:

I’m also having the same issue. My alerts stopped notifying me unless I actually go into the alerts tab.

However, my alerts seemed to stop after the GDPR update, so I’m thinking that there must be a way to reset notification status for alerts?

Please make sure you have the appropriate alert settings selected in My IG > Settings >  Communications preferences. You will need to be on a computer (not mobile or iPad) for this option to be visible.

859620900_2018-06-2608_53_54-MyIG.thumb.png.ff7396db58014bc03b0eb2744ce3ee0a.png

Yes, my alerts stopped working last week.  I have had an email exchange with the IG technical support, who say its an iOS problem, however I have an android phone, and I have a desktop gmail account, and still havent had alerts for over a week.  Its quite frustrating. 

I’ve followed the advice given by the IG support team, resetting my push notifications on the desktop platform, but my alerts still aren’t working as they did.

Indicator alerts were working for me last week but they've stopped again this week. I've checked my settings and reset them but to no avail. Are they working for you, @Danthmann, @CPC69, @hughcl?

Posted (edited)

working for me as of this morning. nothing triggered since (i.e. still working to best of my knowledge).

Edited by cryptotrader
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm. Hopefully mine will just start working again when they feel like it then. 😴

Guest Alerts - not an IOS issue.

Hi All,

I’ve updated my contact preferences in line with IG guidance and the alerts are still not pushing alerts to my iPhone.

However, the alerts are still working on my iPad, so it’s not an IOS issue.

Thanks,

Chris

22 hours ago, Guest Alerts - not an IOS issue. said:

Hi All,

I’ve updated my contact preferences in line with IG guidance and the alerts are still not pushing alerts to my iPhone.

However, the alerts are still working on my iPad, so it’s not an IOS issue.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi, 

Mine weren't even coming through on the web platform. Since this morning though, they seem to be working again on the web platform and my iPhone. I don't know if there's been any intervention by IG to fix the issue or whether indicator alerts are just temperamental (I've only recently started using them regularly). It would be nice to be able to rely on them with confidence though.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• #IGForexChat.png

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    OomPierre
    Joined 16/10/18 15:06
  • Our picks

• Hurricane season in the US - Where to look for trading opportunities
      Hurricane Michael is already regarded as one of the strongest hurricanes ever to hit US. The worst hit areas of Florida’s northwest coast saw significant damage to residential property, along with President Trump authorizing FEMA to step in and coordinate disaster efforts. 

Even though the worst might have already passed, the 2018 North Atlantic hurricane season is likely to have sizable effect for the next seven weeks. The effect on the markets can be notable around this time, with the following sectors likely to see an increase in volatility.
      • 0 replies
    • UK Data to forecast stability going into Brexit talks? - EMEA Brief 16 Oct
      U.K. monthly average earnings and monthly unemployment release today at 9:30 BST. Earnings forecast to be stable at 2.6% whilst the unemployment rate is forecast to be 4%. The releases could be an important signal to the current economic health of the UK.
      • 0 replies
    • Does volatility affect IPOs?
      The music entertainment arm of Tencent, which has 800 million users across a variety of platforms in China, had originally planned to go public in the United States imminently. The IPO was initially set to launch as soon as this week but has now reportedly been delayed because of the recent global sell-off. It is not the first company to pull out or postpone an IPO in the recent weeks, and whilst Tencent have declined to comment on the decision, it’s likely to be on the back of volatility seen in the equity markets.
      • 0 replies