Indicator alerts not working...again

Guest Danthmann

Question

Guest Danthmann

Hi there,

Is anybody else having issues with the indicator alerts? Mine stopped about a week ago. I have been into the platform and reset them all but still nothing is working.

Be good to get some feedback from IG staff please.

Thanks

9 answers to this question

Guest CPC69

I’m also having the same issue. My alerts stopped notifying me unless I actually go into the alerts tab.

However, my alerts seemed to stop after the GDPR update, so I’m thinking that there must be a way to reset notification status for alerts?

10 hours ago, CPC69 said:

I’m also having the same issue. My alerts stopped notifying me unless I actually go into the alerts tab.

However, my alerts seemed to stop after the GDPR update, so I’m thinking that there must be a way to reset notification status for alerts?

Please make sure you have the appropriate alert settings selected in My IG > Settings >  Communications preferences. You will need to be on a computer (not mobile or iPad) for this option to be visible.

859620900_2018-06-2608_53_54-MyIG.thumb.png.ff7396db58014bc03b0eb2744ce3ee0a.png

Guest hughcl

Yes, my alerts stopped working last week.  I have had an email exchange with the IG technical support, who say its an iOS problem, however I have an android phone, and I have a desktop gmail account, and still havent had alerts for over a week.  Its quite frustrating. 

Guest CPC69

I’ve followed the advice given by the IG support team, resetting my push notifications on the desktop platform, but my alerts still aren’t working as they did.

Guest Alerts - not an IOS issue.

Hi All,

I’ve updated my contact preferences in line with IG guidance and the alerts are still not pushing alerts to my iPhone.

However, the alerts are still working on my iPad, so it’s not an IOS issue.

Thanks,

Chris

22 hours ago, Guest Alerts - not an IOS issue. said:

Hi All,

I’ve updated my contact preferences in line with IG guidance and the alerts are still not pushing alerts to my iPhone.

However, the alerts are still working on my iPad, so it’s not an IOS issue.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi, 

Mine weren't even coming through on the web platform. Since this morning though, they seem to be working again on the web platform and my iPhone. I don't know if there's been any intervention by IG to fix the issue or whether indicator alerts are just temperamental (I've only recently started using them regularly). It would be nice to be able to rely on them with confidence though.

Archived