Demo account API?

Guest HJP123

Question

Been trying to generate an API key for a demo account, and have been searching for how to do this but can't seem to find any way to achieve this. Does anyone know if this is indeed still possible, and if so how I would go about generating the key?

21 answers to this question

Guest Jimmy423

can you add a screen shot.  I've created my demo account and have opened the web platform and opened the demo platform.  

I don't see "my account".

I do see settings, but not see anywhere to enter an API KEY or generate a new key.

@Jimmy423,  ok, not sure why that would be, possibly a technical problem as the others in the list would also seem important on any account type.

On the 'Contact Us' page the chat function is not open on the weekends but may be worth using the 'Send us a query' function while waiting as maybe some else on the forum may know the answer. 

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/contact-us

Guest Sirspoon

Hi. sorry, don't have a solution but just to say- I'm in the same boat. Have spent 2 hours wandering around the website but couldn't find it anywhere. I thought I saw it in the past but I might have imagined it.

Guest Jimmy423

Solution: Sign up for a demo-CFD account (as well as just the share account) and these additional options will appear.

Edited by Jimmy423
Guest Enrico

In my demo account API Key generation option is not available.

How can I get API key to test API on demo CFD account?

Thank you

20 hours ago, Guest Enrico said:

In my demo account API Key generation option is not available.

How can I get API key to test API on demo CFD account?

Thank you

Hey, you may find our labs page useful. It explains all the frequantly asked questions on APIs: 

https://labs.ig.com/

There's also a support section if you can't find the answer: 

https://labs.ig.com/faq

I hope this helps 🙂 

On 02/12/2018 at 12:47, Jimmy423 said:

Solution: Sign up for a demo-CFD account (as well as just the share account) and these additional options will appear.

These options do not seem to be appearing for me, and I have done just as you said above.

Do I also need to create a live CFD account for the options to appear?? Not too keen on this 😕

Appreciate any help!

Cheers

screenshot.JPG

On 05/03/2020 at 16:01, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, you may find our labs page useful. It explains all the frequantly asked questions on APIs: 

https://labs.ig.com/

There's also a support section if you can't find the answer: 

https://labs.ig.com/faq

I hope this helps 🙂 

Can't seem to see a FAQ on generating an API Key....

Also, the instructions on 'getting started' for generating an API Key are for the old platform.  The new platform does not seem to have these options

Edited by Rohola
more info
22 hours ago, Rohola said:

Can't seem to see a FAQ on generating an API Key....

Also, the instructions on 'getting started' for generating an API Key are for the old platform.  The new platform does not seem to have these options

8 hours ago, Mikedoc said:

Just want to have a go at demo account

If you email this address it goes directly to our technical team who will be happy to assist: 

chartsupport@marketdatasystems.com

Sorry I can't help more with this query