Total IG account value is wrong

Question

Total IG account value bears no relation to the sum of the market values of the individual holdings, not even close. Anyone else had this issue?

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Guest biu said:

Total future forcast is totally wrong

On 16/11/2019 at 11:49, nicks said:

Total IG account value bears no relation to the sum of the market values of the individual holdings, not even close. Anyone else had this issue?

Hey, thanks for your feedback message. 

I'm not sure exactly what your questions is. Apologies in advance if I have this wrong. 

The futures markets we offer are the underlying market price with IG spread wrapped around it. Do you mind giving me an example so I can explain how it's prices. 

Your account value will be your funds minus any margin plus/ minus your profit/ loss. 

Please give me some clarification and I will be happy to go over this :) 

you mean balances at the top of the screen, vs the individual positions when you add them up right?

3 hours ago, cryptotrader said:

you mean balances at the top of the screen, vs the individual positions when you add them up right?

@nicks, if that's the case can you send me a screenshot of the whole page so I can investigate it. 

Please also @ me into your responds. Thank you 

@CharlotteIG I've seen this myself.  When you click in to your 'Positions' tab it displays the correct amount, but when you have something else open (a market you're trading in) then the P/L changes. 

7 minutes ago, dmedin said:

@CharlotteIG I've seen this myself.  When you click in to your 'Positions' tab it displays the correct amount, but when you have something else open (a market you're trading in) then the P/L changes. 

@dmedin, very strange, I will speak to our client facing team to see if they're aware of the issue. 
If this happens would you be able to send a screenshot, that will help when I go to our tech team. 

Thank you everyone for letting me know 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

If this happens would you be able to send a screenshot

I will :)

• Thanks 1

@cryptotrader & @nicks, thanks for your posts. 

After speaking with someone in our technical team they they said that if you're using FireFox there are issues blocking data from updating. The best browser to use is Chrome or at least try it to see how it works.

If you do like using FireFox you can have a look at the add ons that you have installed and disable some of them to see if one of them is blocking the data. Also make sure your Firefox is updated to the latest version.

Someone has brought up this issue when using FireFox. The incident number if you need it is INC0378846. 

If this is happening on another browser, let me know. 

Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience. 

Charlotte