Jump to content

GOLD


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IG TV;  

actually gold futures has just broken out;

Gold was having liquidity issues. As soon as the underlying is liquid again it will be reopened. If it's open whist illiquid the price will be gaping up and down. People may get closed out on stops th

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, psycho said:

I'm sitting on a massive loss in my long gold position.  Can this cliff edge really be attributable to just margin calls?

If it's going to find support it has to be around about here;

Daily.

image.thumb.png.7025ebbfbf0088e8bd163cd9cea43c65.png

Link to post
24 minutes ago, psycho said:

I'm sitting on a massive loss in my long gold position.  Can this cliff edge really be attributable to just margin calls?

How massive?

If it's manageable then ride it out.  You don't day trade gold, you keep hold of it for a while.

Link to post

@Caseynotes I agree it should find support here and was thinking of adding but I don't think I'll use my short term trading account if I add

@dmedinIt is manageable and in my trading rather than investing account.  

However, what worries me is can such a large selloff be due to margin calls alone or is there a change in the fundamentals?

Link to post
2 hours ago, psycho said:

@Caseynotes I agree it should find support here and was thinking of adding but I don't think I'll use my short term trading account if I add

@dmedinIt is manageable and in my trading rather than investing account.  

However, what worries me is can such a large selloff be due to margin calls alone or is there a change in the fundamentals?

Quite possibly.  At times like these it becomes  clear to all that gold is a 'barbarous relic' and means f-all in terms of corresponding to the real needs of human beings.

Link to post

Gold sell-off fails to dent investor enthusiasm - https://www.ft.com/content/84f50eea-1eaa-4e88-9040-16f1944978f7 

Investor sentiment on IG showed a bearish signal. With so many people long and thinking the same way, do all the longs have to be pummeled before the Phoenix rises from the ashes?!

If you never had a long position and saw the gold chart, would you rate it a buy?

Link to post
22 minutes ago, psycho said:

Gold sell-off fails to dent investor enthusiasm - https://www.ft.com/content/84f50eea-1eaa-4e88-9040-16f1944978f7

Investor sentiment on IG showed a bearish signal. With so many people long and thinking the same way, do all the longs have to be pummeled before the Phoenix rises from the ashes?!

If you never had a long position and saw the gold chart, would you rate it a buy?

 

Who cares?

Prices go up and down randomly and people (hence markets) are totally irrational.

Have a punt, if you like.  Just don't go looking for a rational explanation - it's all speculation. :)

Link to post
15 minutes ago, dmedin said:

 

Who cares?

Prices go up and down randomly and people (hence markets) are totally irrational.

Have a punt, if you like.  Just don't go looking for a rational explanation - it's all speculation. :)

😂 Perhaps I can swap a bottle of hand sanitiser and antibacterial soap for a gold bar?!

 

So you reckon it's all gambling then?

Edited by psycho
Link to post
2 hours ago, dmedin said:

Gold market is now closed to opening.  Everyone is long, and everyone is right - so no one else is allowed to get in on the action.

Thankfully, I already had two calls  😻

Untill when?

Link to post

Gold was having liquidity issues. As soon as the underlying is liquid again it will be reopened. If it's open whist illiquid the price will be gaping up and down. People may get closed out on stops that are very far our which is something we don't see as best execution. 

All the best. 
  • Thanks 1
  • Great! 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      15,004
    • Total Posts
      72,806
    • Total Members
      61,094
    • Most Online
      5,137
      14/01/21 09:51

    Newest Member
    Praj
    Joined 22/04/21 19:35
  • Posts

    • FYSE 100 update.... 22-04-2021... Still marching ( Volatility model nailed this one) 🙂  
    • Hi does anybody know if there are any terms and conditions specific to the use of the Rest API?  In particular is it within the terms and conditions for me to use a third party application to open and manage trades on my account via the Rest and Streaming APIs    
    • ''Why it's almost like these 'vaccines' don't do the one thing vaccines are supposed to do...''  @JamesDelingpole An unvaccinated worker set off an outbreak at a U.S. nursing home where most residents were immunized. - The New York Times (nytimes.com) Reminder (from previous post) that SAGE expect of deaths in next wave 70% will be of those who have been vaccinated. Mostly because of age group but also because of Vaccine Enhanced Disease (also mentioned in a previous post). As in the video directly above, in animal studies in previous attempts to create gene altering vaccines ALL the ferrets died, usually on contact with the wild version of the virus between 3 and 12 months after vaccination which caused a fatal autoimmune response. (cytokine storm, so don't stop taking the vitamin D)   Meanwhile, the FT on India ...   Deaths, covid deaths and context. Data is nothing without context.   And a lookback at just what was possible and what was not? 🤔
×
×
  • Create New...