Clock on platform

Guest Sonia

Guest Sonia

I think the IG platform is great but what I find missing is a simple clock showing minutes and seconds..  This must be an easy thing to implement but would be really useful to have a constant view of the time, especially when you are looking to trade an event at a specific time.

On 09/04/2020 at 14:34, Guest Sonia said:

I think the IG platform is great but what I find missing is a simple clock showing minutes and seconds..  This must be an easy thing to implement but would be really useful to have a constant view of the time, especially when you are looking to trade an event at a specific time.

Thanks for your suggestion. 

I will put this forward. Are you looking to have it on the web platform or apps?

Let me know and I will make sure this feedback goes to relevant teams. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Padawan

Hi Sonia, I am curious about what you say. I usually trade on my Mac, and the time is always shown on the top bar of the screen. I think PCs show the time on the bottom right.

Why would you need that extra clock for?

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the delay in my response.  In the past using different platforms it shows the time, hour, minutes and seconds as part of the platform.  I also use a Mac but the time only shows when you move your mouse to the top of the screen, also it only shows the hours and minutes.  It is handy to know the seconds too especially when trading a major event. ie 1.29pm, would be great to see 1.29pm and 50 seconds which would mean an event starting at 1.30pm would start in 10 seconds.  I believe it would be a simple, useful addition to the site which could be incorporated on the top bar on the website where it currently shows your P&L.

On 14/04/2020 at 10:19, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your suggestion. 

I will put this forward. Are you looking to have it on the web platform or apps?

Let me know and I will make sure this feedback goes to relevant teams. 

My suggestion would be on both the app and the web platform, but I understand that the app may not have the space to incorporate the time, so maybe just on the web platform if not possible on both.

• Like 1

I agree, a clock would be useful.

However, I use the updated time on a liquid market in my watchlist to see the time. Prices in S&P500, DJIA etc are updated every second so the last update time is good enough for me (web platform only though as updated time is not an option in the mobile app).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Trader Joe
On 24/04/2020 at 01:45, Guest Padawan said:

Hi Sonia, I am curious about what you say. I usually trade on my Mac, and the time is always shown on the top bar of the screen. I think PCs show the time on the bottom right.

Why would you need that extra clock for?

It's the SECONDS that is important, especially for exchange opening and closing time, and also when contract to be rolled over wrt interest charges by IG. Laptops and apps only shows HOURS and MINUTES. IG please consider inserting this feature on both platform and apps. Thank you Sirs.

Guest Trader Joe
On 21/06/2020 at 08:40, Sam7767 said:

My suggestion would be on both the app and the web platform, but I understand that the app may not have the space to incorporate the time, so maybe just on the web platform if not possible on both.

It's the SECONDS that is important, especially for exchange opening and closing time, and also when contract to be rolled over wrt interest charges by IG. Laptops and apps only shows HOURS and MINUTES. IG please consider inserting this feature on both platform and apps. At lease iPad can accomodate, though not sure about smart phones. IG would test it out, I'm sure (they are smart people). Thank you Sirs.

• 2 months later...

This was one of the first things i noticed that was missing from the IG platform. Coming from T212 (lots of downsides) however, it did have a really useful broker clock so you know what is happening and when they are closing which is not always exactly by your own system clock - this also included market hours for your current market. See attachments.

So yes, an integrated clock inluding seconds so you can see by the second whenyour market is going to open/close etc, along with some display for the market hours for where you are trading

So you can se clock in bottom left and market hours in bottom right, both really useful for me at least 

image.png.9253131804df00ad03fa46a3d84a11d9.png

image.png.af3c1b38c2bd6a28faf41769178d1cb5.png

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, ADZCAP said:

Hi, was this ever resolved? I'm new to the platform but i find it really difficult scalp trading without a seconds clock.

Hi @ADZCAP,

I have forwarded the above feedback to the relevant department. It will be reviewed and implemented if possible. It is possible that it takes some time as the development may be working on high priority projects.

All the best - Arvin

• 1 year later...

Almost end of 2023 and no clock, your platform is awesome but no clock it's sad since 2020, go to see on tradingview to take good idea like 1M 5M 1H 4H D W etc etc .. not in the scrolling menu more easy to use and change graphic time useful when you want to see easy and fast movement in different time. 

Do you think we will have clock before and of decade ???