Indices

2 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Well I'm glad for them and good to hear it works, for me - big no-no.  Murphy recommends getting good at inter-day trading before trying intra-day and I'm sold on all the reasons why.

Trading halts and 2000 point daily ranges present challenges for any approach.

5 minutes ago, AndrewS said:

I can recall several people posting 15 min charts in this thread and there are people who trade primarily off the 5 min charts.

Not necessarily, some prefer not to trade on time based charts at all. Mutli-time frame analysis is essential but tick based or Renko type charts smooth out the chop as the candles are laid down as per volatility rather than time so they might resemble a H1 chart at certain times or a M5 at others. 

2 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Not necessarily, some prefer not to trade on time based charts at all. Mutli-time frame analysis is essential but tick based or Renko type charts smooth out the chop as the candles are laid down as per volatility rather than time so they might resemble a H1 chart at certain times or a M5 at others. 

Good for them ...

Some people like to make life difficult for themselves and others in all walks of life.  That's people for you.  It's even seen as a sign of intelligence to be awkward, esoteric, idiosyncratic etc.

As a general maxim I think it's undoubtedly true that the shorter your time frame, the higher your chances of losing money.

33 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I've never heard of any 'serious' investor or trader using 15 min charts, AFAIC you are just amplifying your chances of losing by doing so, as being that zoomed in makes you lose all perspective the and potency of candles and patterns is much reduced.

you are confusing 'investing' with 'trading' again.

2 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Good for them ...

Some people like to make life difficult for themselves and others in all walks of life.  That's people for you.  It's even seen as a sign of intelligence to be awkward, esoteric, idiosyncratic etc.

As a general maxim I think it's undoubtedly true that the shorter your time frame, the higher your chances of losing money.

the 'doubt' is there in bucket loads with regards your generalisation.

• Great! 1
16 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

you are confusing 'investing' with 'trading' again.

I don't care what you call it, as long as it makes money.  It's great that one can hold a short sell position for a long time too, and few people would call that an 'investment'.  :D

1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

Well, I am on the scrounge for a substitute for the 1 minute chart as you can see.

US30M3.thumb.png.f0c30d3fd94c52084b3de612d2df70a8.png

• Sad 1
15 minutes ago, AndrewS said:

Well, I am on the scrounge for a substitute for the 1 minute chart as you can see.

US30M3.thumb.png.f0c30d3fd94c52084b3de612d2df70a8.png

Good to see the wpr obos arrows and the hama indicator there, could be well worth looking at a Renko chart, will need to eye ball backtest different sizes to suit the market though. Here is a 4 point Renko on the current btcusd chart which might be a bit small as the bricks can be laid down a bit too fast for btc.

image.thumb.png.e76781af96b4462abcefce7bf039c74a.png

• Great! 1
  • Sad 1
Guest Problems with demo

Problems with demo platform

Hello friends I would like to ask do you have any problems with the demo platform today?

I’ve opened mine and there is no quotation for today all the data is from 20.03 and the connection is ok?

Thanks for answer

3 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Priming the pump or hit the bottom?

The question is 'how much more bad news can there be?' with regards to the virus, the western world has locked down for the next 2 weeks with the unemployment and drop in GDP that will cause should already be priced in. Previously on a Fed stimulus announcements was followed by news of escalation on the virus front which promptly swallowed up the stimulus and the selling continued but the virus can't do any more than it's already done can it?, it's enveloped the world and shut every thing down. This may well be the bottom.

image.thumb.png.7f54aafaa6bd33e64abed61d6d2130d5.png

• Like 1