Dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP)

Guest Invis

Hello IG Community,

Can anyone advise - is it possible to set up automatic divided reinvestment on normal share dealing accounts and stocks and shares ISAs on IG and if so how would I do this?

Thanks for your help!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 18/11/2019 at 19:53, Guest Rodrigo said:

I would like IG to have dividends dripping program? Is that possible? 

I am am a long term accumulation investor. My portfolio is in millions. My Portfolio IG is only 3.5% of overall. The primary reason is the lack of DRIP. I don't care if they do or don't, other than I hate waste and commercial stupidity, obviously many do want it. In the meantime just Invest in II, or Halifax, it's included and cheap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with all the above sentiments.  I've used several brokers before, such as ii, Halifax, etc. I assumed ALL online brokers and investment platforms included automated DRIP.  Shocked that IG do not!  Even more surprised at their complacency in not responding to this thread.

5 hours ago, TobyThomas said:

I agree with all the above sentiments.  I've used several brokers before, such as ii, Halifax, etc. I assumed ALL online brokers and investment platforms included automated DRIP.  Shocked that IG do not!  Even more surprised at their complacency in not responding to this thread.

On 08/01/2021 at 11:02, WillC said:

Hi there,

Please could you explain why dividend reinvestment is not offered, and why there has been no update since the admin post on 20 Nov 2019.

On 09/12/2020 at 23:33, Guest Jess_1908 said:

I'd like an update on this too. I'm going to have to move my shares to another broker specifically for this reason.

On 29/10/2020 at 14:10, Mikey_2811 said:
On 17/10/2020 at 02:06, Guest Tak said:

Same, any updates?

On 13/09/2020 at 18:40, taffet87 said:

Any news here? I will probably give up and move the shares I hold elsewhere soon as IG seem remotely uniterested in this

On 06/08/2020 at 09:41, Sartois said:

Bump - update please.

On 21/07/2020 at 06:28, jeantan said:

Any update?

On 30/04/2020 at 15:42, lk8 said:

Any news on this?

Update please 

Hey all, 

There's a team currently working to add a dividend reinvestment plan. We don't have a time frame yet but I will update you. 

All the best

• Like 1
  • Great! 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Maverick284

DRP should be made available on priority as it’s such a basic feature. IG would risk losing customers if this doesn’t happen at the earliest !

• 3 months later...

It is funny that the IG website gives a definition about DRIP but does not offer it at the moment 
https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/support/glossary-investment-terms/dividend-reinvestment-definition

I like the platform but was surprised to see there was no option to reinvest Dividends after I signed up. Also would have thought since Jan 25th they may have been able to have come up with a solution by now.

6 hours ago, Rawly said:

It is funny that the IG website gives a definition about DRIP but does not offer it at the moment 
https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/support/glossary-investment-terms/dividend-reinvestment-definition

I like the platform but was surprised to see there was no option to reinvest Dividends after I signed up. Also would have thought since Jan 25th they may have been able to have come up with a solution by now.

Hi @Rawly,

IG is aware that it is an option that clients would like to see. I will forward your feedback to the relevant department to be reviewed.

Thank you - Arvin

• 4 months later...

Dear IG, 

Has there been any progress on providing a DRIP feature? 

This has been waiting an exceptionally long time, can we please recieve an ETA or a confirmation that the feature will not be provided. The current lack of response is leaving people in a constant state of limbo. This will trigger people to move to alternative providers due to lack of transparency.

Regards 

Pearse

Edited by pmcguinness07
  • Like 1
On 09/03/2022 at 05:13, pmcguinness07 said:

Dear IG, 

Has there been any progress on providing a DRIP feature? 

This has been waiting an exceptionally long time, can we please recieve an ETA or a confirmation that the feature will not be provided. The current lack of response is leaving people in a constant state of limbo. This will trigger people to move to alternative providers due to lack of transparency.

Regards 

Pearse

On 12/03/2022 at 00:30, Lambchops said:

How on earth is this still under review after almost 3 years?!

IG - please either give a proper update with an expected timeline for when this feature will be offered, or be honest and say that nothing is forthcoming.

Thanks

Hi @pmcguinness07 @Lambchops,

Unfortunately at this point in time there is no ETA for DRIP to be available on the platform. As mentioned IG is aware that it is a feature that some clients would like to see but there is no ETA.

All the best - Arvin

• 3 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• I remembered when Notcoin, the underdog, defied all odds by transforming from a relatively unknown asset to a crypto sensation! Its unexpected listing on major exchanges sent shockwaves through the industry, leaving many in awe.  The Notcoin community, once a small group of enthusiasts, has now grown into a vibrant and active ecosystem. With its value skyrocketing, early adopters are reaping the rewards, and new opportunities are emerging, such as the Notcoin giveaway on Bitget. (https://www.bitget.com/support/articles/12560603811447?languageType=0]NOT) This event offers a chance to earn Notcoin by completing tasks, further fueling the excitement. As Notcoin continues to push boundaries and innovate, it's clear that this is just the beginning of its remarkable journey. What's your take on Notcoin's meteoric rise? Have you joined the thousands of investors and enthusiasts who are already part of the Notcoin revolution?    
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD) ADAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Flat Position: Wave C Direction Next higher Degrees: wave (II) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid level: Details: Wave II Is equal to 61.8% of Wave I at 0.358. Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Trading Strategy: ADA overall is still in the period of correction. In the position of wave (II) with a Flat pattern, the view is therefore for a short-term pullback before rising again in wave (III), waiting for the correction to complete to rejoin the uptrend. Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200 indicating a downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum.   Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart, Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD) ADAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Flat Position: Wave C Direction Next higher Degrees: wave (II) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid level:  Details: Wave II Is equal to 61.8% of Wave I at 0.358. Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Trading Strategy: ADA overall is still in the period of correction. In the position of wave (II) with a Flat pattern, the view is therefore for a short-term pullback before rising again in wave (III), waiting for the correction to complete to rejoin the uptrend. Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200 indicating a downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • As cryptocurrencies become more widely used, security issues have become a primary concern for investors. Crypto wallets, the main tool for storing and managing digital assets, are crucial to security. To help users effectively prevent various scams, JUHBZ Exchange provides a series of practical security tips. These tips cover selecting and using crypto wallets, protecting personal information and keys, avoiding common scams, and utilizing JUHBZ platform security features. Choosing a Secure Crypto Wallet The security of a crypto wallet is directly linked to the protection of user assets. Choosing the right wallet and trading platform is fundamental to scam prevention. Opting for a reputable trading platform is also key to ensuring asset safety. JUHBZ uses advanced encryption technology and multi-factor authentication (MFA) measures to ensure every transaction is conducted in a secure environment. Setting a strong password is a basic step in protecting your crypto wallet. It is recommended to use a high-complexity, long password and avoid reusing passwords across multiple platforms. Properly Managing Encryption Keys and Personal Information The secure management of encryption keys and personal information is critical to scam prevention. Users should take various measures to ensure their security. During crypto transactions, handling personal information carefully is particularly important. Scammers often attempt to obtain sensitive information through fake websites, calls, or emails. Users are advised not to enter personal information on unverified third-party platforms and to ensure all access and operations are conducted on the official JUHBZ platform. Additionally, regularly checking account activity records can help detect and block abnormal activities in time. Avoiding Common Crypto Wallet Scams Understanding common crypto wallet scams can help users stay vigilant and avoid falling victim to scams. Fake tech support is a common scam method where scammers pose as official support staff to obtain user information. To counter such scams, users should ensure they only seek tech support through official channels, avoiding clicking suspicious links or downloading unknown software. JUHBZ offers 24/7 official customer support, which users can directly contact for help. Enhancing Crypto Trading Security with JUHBZ JUHBZ provides a range of security features to enhance the safety of crypto trading. The platform is equipped with real-time monitoring and risk warning systems that can promptly detect and respond to suspicious trading activities. Users can set up custom security alerts, so when abnormal activity is detected, the system immediately sends notifications, helping users take quick action. This warning mechanism provides a multi-layered security guarantee for the digital assets of users. Safe usage of crypto wallets is a crucial part of protecting digital assets. By choosing reliable wallets, enabling multi-factor authentication, properly managing encryption keys and personal information, staying alert to common scams, and utilizing JUHBZ platform security features, users can significantly enhance the security of their crypto transactions. JUHBZ is dedicated to providing users with top-notch security experiences and continuously optimizing platform features to ensure you can trade safely and worry-free in the crypto world.
us