Dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP)

Guest Invis

Hello IG Community,

Can anyone advise - is it possible to set up automatic divided reinvestment on normal share dealing accounts and stocks and shares ISAs on IG and if so how would I do this?

Thanks for your help!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 18/11/2019 at 19:53, Guest Rodrigo said:

I would like IG to have dividends dripping program? Is that possible? 

I am am a long term accumulation investor. My portfolio is in millions. My Portfolio IG is only 3.5% of overall. The primary reason is the lack of DRIP. I don't care if they do or don't, other than I hate waste and commercial stupidity, obviously many do want it. In the meantime just Invest in II, or Halifax, it's included and cheap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with all the above sentiments.  I've used several brokers before, such as ii, Halifax, etc. I assumed ALL online brokers and investment platforms included automated DRIP.  Shocked that IG do not!  Even more surprised at their complacency in not responding to this thread.

5 hours ago, TobyThomas said:

I agree with all the above sentiments.  I've used several brokers before, such as ii, Halifax, etc. I assumed ALL online brokers and investment platforms included automated DRIP.  Shocked that IG do not!  Even more surprised at their complacency in not responding to this thread.

On 08/01/2021 at 11:02, WillC said:

Hi there,

Please could you explain why dividend reinvestment is not offered, and why there has been no update since the admin post on 20 Nov 2019.

On 09/12/2020 at 23:33, Guest Jess_1908 said:

I'd like an update on this too. I'm going to have to move my shares to another broker specifically for this reason.

On 29/10/2020 at 14:10, Mikey_2811 said:
On 17/10/2020 at 02:06, Guest Tak said:

Same, any updates?

On 13/09/2020 at 18:40, taffet87 said:

Any news here? I will probably give up and move the shares I hold elsewhere soon as IG seem remotely uniterested in this

On 06/08/2020 at 09:41, Sartois said:

Bump - update please.

On 21/07/2020 at 06:28, jeantan said:

Any update?

On 30/04/2020 at 15:42, lk8 said:

Any news on this?

Update please 

Hey all, 

There's a team currently working to add a dividend reinvestment plan. We don't have a time frame yet but I will update you. 

All the best

• Like 1
  • Great! 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Maverick284

DRP should be made available on priority as it’s such a basic feature. IG would risk losing customers if this doesn’t happen at the earliest !

• 3 months later...

It is funny that the IG website gives a definition about DRIP but does not offer it at the moment 
https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/support/glossary-investment-terms/dividend-reinvestment-definition

I like the platform but was surprised to see there was no option to reinvest Dividends after I signed up. Also would have thought since Jan 25th they may have been able to have come up with a solution by now.

6 hours ago, Rawly said:

It is funny that the IG website gives a definition about DRIP but does not offer it at the moment 
https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/support/glossary-investment-terms/dividend-reinvestment-definition

I like the platform but was surprised to see there was no option to reinvest Dividends after I signed up. Also would have thought since Jan 25th they may have been able to have come up with a solution by now.

Hi @Rawly,

IG is aware that it is an option that clients would like to see. I will forward your feedback to the relevant department to be reviewed.

Thank you - Arvin

• 4 months later...

Dear IG, 

Has there been any progress on providing a DRIP feature? 

This has been waiting an exceptionally long time, can we please recieve an ETA or a confirmation that the feature will not be provided. The current lack of response is leaving people in a constant state of limbo. This will trigger people to move to alternative providers due to lack of transparency.

Regards 

Pearse

Edited by pmcguinness07
  • Like 1
On 09/03/2022 at 05:13, pmcguinness07 said:

Dear IG, 

Has there been any progress on providing a DRIP feature? 

This has been waiting an exceptionally long time, can we please recieve an ETA or a confirmation that the feature will not be provided. The current lack of response is leaving people in a constant state of limbo. This will trigger people to move to alternative providers due to lack of transparency.

Regards 

Pearse

On 12/03/2022 at 00:30, Lambchops said:

How on earth is this still under review after almost 3 years?!

IG - please either give a proper update with an expected timeline for when this feature will be offered, or be honest and say that nothing is forthcoming.

Thanks

Hi @pmcguinness07 @Lambchops,

Unfortunately at this point in time there is no ETA for DRIP to be available on the platform. As mentioned IG is aware that it is a feature that some clients would like to see but there is no ETA.

All the best - Arvin

• 3 months later...