Data feed

rav1995

Question

Hi all,

I am trying to check out some stocks in the mobile app (demo trading) but it  says I need to turn on the NYSE data feed.

My issue is when i go to my account and check settings I cannot find this?

Any help would appreciated.

20 answers to this question

If you log into the web platform and open the platform.  Choose My Account (top right) then select 'Data Feeds' on the left hand side.  Select which data feed you require and submit.  Do note - the fees I believe are taken instantly to cover for the rest of that month and on the 1st of every month, so may not be the best option if near the end of a month.  Some data feeds offer a rebate if doing 1 or 2 trades over the month.  

Edited by knicol46

I do not see Data feed anywhere after click on my name on the right....it only shows my platform spread or CFD and my IG or logout

Please help I wana try US stocks

10 minutes ago, Toninosc89 said:

How can I access to the level 2 information for one stock after subscription to the level 2 on the referent market?

Thanks,

The Level 2 data through the subscription service is shown on the DMA platform (downloaded from IG web page). Note that if the subscription price listed is the same as for level 1 then there is no L 2 data available.

31 minutes ago, Jwilsh said:

I am having the same issue with a demo account. Is it necesary to have a live account in order to activate the different data feeds?

yes - as they have to take the payment from your account with a balance in it

15 minutes ago, knicol46 said:

The data feed (optional) costings are shown 

1247.JPG

Thanks, I don't use this but is it the case that if there is no increase in cost between Level 1 and Level 2 it means that there is no L2?

2 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Thanks, I don't use this but is it the case that if there is no increase in cost between Level 1 and Level 2 it means that there is no L2?

There is L2 - you will need to ask IG why they charge the same for L1 and L2 on some exchanges

On 06/08/2020 at 12:49, knicol46 said:

1247.JPG

Are those still the the datafeed costs for you?

I opened a account with IG very recently and was told by support, before opening, that L2 for LSE was GBP 7.20 per month. But now that I want to activate it it is asking for GBP 207.07. You can see below. And IG has not been able to tell me what is going on.

image.thumb.png.ae4692e30ebfc8690e4072c2889e784f.png

On 06/08/2020 at 12:49, knicol46 said:

1247.JPG

I opened a account with IG very recently and was told by support, before opening, that L2 for LSE was GBP 7.20 per month. But now that I want to activate it it is asking for GBP 207.07. You can see below. And IG has not been able to tell me what is going on.

4 hours ago, agr100 said:

Can I ask which country you are in.  I notice all L1 & L2 rates have been multiplied by different amounts as if it is quoting amounts in your local currency as a possible reason.  Try logging out/back in and even selecting L2 UK to say what the total monthly fee box says - do not submit to accept.  If still no answer forward on a screenshot to IG.  I am viewing the default screen showing £7.20 cost for L2 LSE UK.  

4 hours ago, agr100 said:

If this is a retail account the prices are not correct. 

I will get this sorted for you. 

All the best

10 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

If this is a retail account the prices are not correct. 

I will get this sorted for you. 

All the best

It is a retail account. I would greatly appreciate if you could sort it out.

Thanks for your help.

20 minutes ago, knicol46 said:

Can I ask which country you are in.  I notice all L1 & L2 rates have been multiplied by different amounts as if it is quoting amounts in your local currency as a possible reason.  Try logging out/back in and even selecting L2 UK to say what the total monthly fee box says - do not submit to accept.  If still no answer forward on a screenshot to IG.  I am viewing the default screen showing £7.20 cost for L2 LSE UK.  

Thanks for your reply. I am in the UK. I was told a couple of weeks ago that it would be £7.20 for L2 LSE, but they are now asking over £200!

• Like 1

It is also possible they have you listed as a 'professional' or 'corporate' user that would attract the higher fees.  Send the screenshot to IG they should amend.  The cost for L2 UK normal retail client is the £7.20 per month (as of 5 Oct 2020 anyhow).

• Like 1
On 05/10/2020 at 15:19, agr100 said:

Thanks for your reply. I am in the UK. I was told a couple of weeks ago that it would be £7.20 for L2 LSE, but they are now asking over £200!

Is this 7.20 per month?