Demo account not working properly

Spectate99

Question

18 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Spectate99 said:

Hi,

My demo account is not working properly since Monday morning. All the charts in the browser are stuck at 29 Feb Friday and not updating. can someone advice me what needs doing to fix the problem. Please see the attached screenshot.  Thank you. 71342990_Screenshot(78).thumb.png.b5a1984933a87eed11b85008e7f0b836.png

Hi, think that needs a call to the IG helpdesk for a technician to reset your demo platform.

I have encountered the same MT4 demo problem..with the error "No Connection" since Monday 2Mar when i tried to activate the program. Emailed helpdesk and asked them to check to refer the matter to their technical staff. They have forwarded my msg to them.

So far, have not heard anything from them. Seems the problem is still there. Reckon..i am not the only one encountering this problem. Hope they resolve the matter asap.

28 minutes ago, forex_sniper said:

I have encountered the same MT4 demo problem..with the error "No Connection" since Monday 2Mar when i tried to activate the program. Emailed helpdesk and asked them to check to refer the matter to their technical staff. They have forwarded my msg to them.

So far, have not heard anything from them. Seems the problem is still there. Reckon..i am not the only one encountering this problem. Hope they resolve the matter asap.

Try checking your login is correct and you are logged in then rescan servers (click on box bottom right of screen.

image.png.989900636e828bfe6d6207b1ae09e40a.png

6 minutes ago, forex_sniper said:

Been there done that..but same problem. A scan of their IG-DEMO server shows a round icon indicating no connection. Ping column is empty....if connected it would have shown some numbers in m/s. 
Ping shows server not found.

ok, sounds like the demo server is down, I don't have a demo account so can't check.

1 hour ago, forex_sniper said:

@Spectate99  Unfortunately I have questions re the demo account and Live Retail going back to last April still with no responses from IG.  Also referred to technical with no replies to date.

It's been heavily hinted at that it's not really fit for purpose and more of a 'Guide' platform to show you the ropes; a more visual Demo than Real World.

It seems popular opinion is to use ProRealTime and literally ignore the Retail Platform.

I myself just yesterday, noticed the Demo charts were actually reporting more info re Candle Patterns than the Live Retail Plat.......I'm not even going to try for assistance on it.

I don't even bother asking for help in here now.  @Caseynotes however always has some helpful input but IG from a technical point have never provided me with a solution, other than to suggest my my machine, my internet, my eye colour or I'm wearing the wrong pants!  Maybe it's my sarcasm getting in the way?

Happy Trading Day peeps. :D

Edited by nit2wynit
  • Great! 1
35 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

t seems popular opinion is to use ProRealTime and literally ignore the Retail Platform.

ProRealTime is very good. It is a very dynamic and comprehensive charting system. I used the system previously but later disabled it becos I took a break from trading. There is a fee levy on the use of the system...when one does not meet their trading quota. Its not a big quota though...but i think you can still disable it anytime if i am not wrong.  i  dont like the idea of forcing myself to trade in order to meet the quota just to stop paying for the fee 

1 hour ago, forex_sniper said:

ProRealTime is very good. It is a very dynamic and comprehensive charting system. I used the system previously but later disabled it becos I took a break from trading. There is a fee levy on the use of the system...when one does not meet their trading quota. Its not a big quota though...but i think you can still disable it anytime if i am not wrong.  i  dont like the idea of forcing myself to trade in order to meet the quota just to stop paying for the fee 

I had it on last year but disabled it as i couldn't figure out how to trade while not showing a Balance!  Seems trivial, but necessary.....any updates on how to see your balance?

Hi Everyone,

My demo account is working alright now. I did call IG and the guy I spoke to was helpful and told me that my problem was forwarded and should be resolved soon. My account started working within an hour. So thanks to everyone who helped to get it fixed. I am sure other demo accounts also are fixed by now. If still having a problem just give IG a call at toll free number like me and they will surely get it up and running as before. Thanks again.

• Great! 1
2 hours ago, Spectate99 said:

My demo account is working alright now. I did call IG and the guy I spoke to was helpful and told me that my problem was forwarded and should be resolved soon. My account started working within an hour. S

Just checking with you...is the name of the demo server under your login page still shows as IG-DEMO or something else.

11 hours ago, nit2wynit said:

I had it on last year but disabled it as i couldn't figure out how to trade while not showing a Balance!  Seems trivial, but necessary.....any updates on how to see your balance?

I have not subscribe to PRT and therefore unable to tell you whether currently it is able to see your balance. Its been quite a while. You may wish to check with helpdesk. The last time if i remember correctly...i referred to the ig main screen...Its not that difficult....n you dont really need to check your balance all the time....unless u have many posn opening at the same time with some winning and losing trade running concurrently.

12 hours ago, dmedin said:

Haha if you're a big time trader then the £30 a month fee is nothing :P

Yes, you are right, I am no bigtimer here in ig..just maintaining an
 account here for strategic purposes. Used to be active on their platform until 
they did an upgrade of their PRT and abandon the old version
 which somehow screwed up my programmed charts so I just moved on. You may be a big trader here and 30pounds to you may mean nothing regardless of whether you trade or not.
For me I tend to look at it from the perspective that it is not so much abt the levy but I will only trade if I there is a setup nevermind if I meet the quota or not. Any saving is incidental and if I have to pay I will pay. To simply force a trade without a setup
just to meet the quota is absurd.
I figured the levy is just a rental for the PRT and the quota is sufficient for them to cover its cost based on the spreads they make from those trades…nevermind if your trade ultimately make a win or loss.
I won’t pay rental regardless of the amount for something I foresee I will not be using.
Would you? 

To simply force a trade without a setup just to meet the quota is absurd. I do posn trading...right entry and exit  levels are impt for me. It requires patience waiting for setups.
Since i have no trade setup…I will not pay 30pounds for nothing
no matter how small it is and it would be like throwing away
good money after the bad if I were to try to save on the levy and just force a trade unnecessarily and in the process incur a loss not especially if I can always enable PRT as and when I needed it.
It’s a matter of choice. Different traders different strokes..i guess.🙂

17 hours ago, forex_sniper said:

Dont know if its really down but the ping column related to the ID-DEMO sever connection is empty so i reckon it should be . But they have not really reply me to confirm on this. Thanks for your replies.

Hi I didn't check yesterday but the demo account data feed is showing a ping return today.

21 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi I didn't check yesterday but the demo account data feed is showing a ping return today.

Thanks for the headsup...Just check my mt4 again...no go...still remain no connection. Data stop updating since 28Feb.
Did a scan of IG-DEMO server...but still no connection.
Yesterday...i referred to helpdesk again to ask them to check with technicals...whats the status...but no respond...
Just wondering is there anyway to delete the demo account and open another new one? Dont know if that will work.
Cannot find where i can do it.

2 hours ago, forex_sniper said:

Thanks for the headsup...Just check my mt4 again...no go...still remain no connection. Data stop updating since 28Feb.
Did a scan of IG-DEMO server...but still no connection.
Yesterday...i referred to helpdesk again to ask them to check with technicals...whats the status...but no respond...
Just wondering is there anyway to delete the demo account and open another new one? Dont know if that will work.
Cannot find where i can do it.

you can open a new mt4 demo anytime but need to click on the demo feed to do it.

File > Open new account > click on Demo > click next and follow the instructions and the platform will generate a new demo account.

2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

you can open a new mt4 demo anytime but need to click on the demo feed to do it.

File > Open new account > click on Demo > click next and follow the instructions and the platform will generate a new demo account.

Managed to get the program running but I can't seem to open a new demo from within the same program. It just doesnt respond.  So i downloaded a fresh copy....open a new demo account..and now its up and runing. Thanks.

• Great! 1