Indices

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JESS ........TWO BARKS FOR BUY     ONE BARK FOR SELL   ???

That is the 50% retrace for  the Dow and S&P. 

It's the opposite, I don't think I'm cut out for day trading.  I still would have been better off keeping a position open from Christmas, even now.  I zoomed out to the day chart and the overall pictu

Posted Images

Well Tom, the indices are selling off now but it was to be expected.

FTSE 100 is already below its 200 EMA on the hourly chart and I'm short; Nasdaq is nearly below its 200 EMA on the hourly chart so I would only sell on a rally beneath 200 EMA followed by a turn.

But in general, wait for a bottom and then buy.  😘 

19 hours ago, AndrewS said:

When there is high velocity a 1 min chart can have more consistency than the price levels I look at in that price can go through those levels like a hot knife through butter.

I guess I'm just not clever enough to 'see' it.  In the same way that EWP people can see complex corrections and waves within waves within waves, I just see lines wiggling up and down.  These people say they have success with plain charts and no indicators and I wonder how they do it.  (Actually, my brain is telling me that they are complete chancers who are using already-completed chart patterns and hindsight to make themselves look good ... the question is, why?)

https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/369763-richard-demille-wyckoff-method

Edited by dmedin
6 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I guess I'm just not clever enough to 'see' it.  In the same way that EWP people can see complex corrections and waves within waves within waves, I just see lines wiggling up and down.  These people say they have success with plain charts and no indicators and I wonder how they do it.  (Actually, my brain is telling me that they are complete chancers who are using already-completed chart patterns and hindsight to make themselves look good ... the question is, why?)

https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/369763-richard-demille-wyckoff-method

Perhaps the best strategy is to just bet on near term continuation especially after a landmark breech (PP, Fib, S/R).

• Like 1