Indices

1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

intraday always look to the Daily Pivot, if above expect continuation up and if below then down but Dow and S&P are on opp sides at the mo, would expect Dow to follow S&P and Dax to follow Dow.

image.thumb.png.6425acc7e9d41801b51425b09195356f.png

This is a difficult one to backtest 100 times, as the pivots don't usually go far back enough on a single instrument.  I suppose it could be tested 100 times by taking recent data for multiple instruments.  I'll try it and put it in a new thread :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use only 2 MAs as a filter (used the same settings long time) Had some time over and did a backtest buy sell on cross I used a trailing stop and optimized the trailing stop only and for th

JESS ........TWO BARKS FOR BUY     ONE BARK FOR SELL   ???

Apple warns may miss quarterly guidance estimates due to virus impact starts a new pullback in the indices.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, dmedin said:

This is a difficult one to backtest 100 times, as the pivots don't usually go far back enough on a single instrument.  I suppose it could be tested 100 times by taking recent data for multiple instruments.  I'll try it and put it in a new thread :)

I wouldn't trade the pivots themselves but rather use them as recognisable and respected boundaries so am looking to trade pullbacks as price transits between one pivot to the next.

image.thumb.png.abf51a310defe5ea845e31120ef9d634.png

• Great! 1

What you see is what you'll get: No upside for European stocks - Reuters poll

European stocks are expected to stall for the rest of 2020 and miss out on the bull market which has propelled Wall Street to record highs, a Reuters poll of 27 fund managers, strategists and brokers published on Wednesday showed.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-europe-stocks-poll/what-you-see-is-what-youll-get-no-upside-for-european-stocks-reuters-poll-idUKKBN25M13E?il=0

1 hour ago, dmedin said:

All the indices this morning be like this ahead of Jackson's hole (let's hope something savoury comes out of it!)

please do not use this thread to sh!tpost unrelated garbage gifs and videos.

Plenty more fuel for the rally

So far, so good. But surely everyone is now loaded up with equity and sitting on one of the biggest ever bets on economies completing the recovery?

Not quite, reckon JPMorgan analysts. They estimate non-bank investors with mixed asset portfolios are currently allocating just 41% to equity.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-global-equity/column-whos-loaded-up-on-stocks-fewer-than-you-may-think-idUKKBN25O13Q