Hi all - interesting that you bring this up actually and I'd love the Community input. 

We are looking at bringing the Economic Calendar into the dealing platform and improving things such as alerts and automatic notifications. Now is your chance to have your say and help build out functions within the dealing platform. 

• I have my personal opinions, but what exactly would YOU like to see in the calendar? 
  • What functions do you use on other websites?
  • What are your 'blue sky thinking' wish list items to have on the calendar? 
  • Like 1

Thanks @JamesIG,  I especially like using the added graphs such as on the calendar linked above and on the Forex Factory site and also a + tab as on FF and the Dailyfx calendar that explains what the data is based on, how it's collected and how often it's published etc.

Also, traditionally the IG calendar has been very stocks biased (at least that was my impression from years ago, may have improved since).

• Thanks 1

Thanks casey - when it comes to this part...

2 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

I especially like using the added graphs such as on the calendar linked above and on the Forex Factory site

are you referring to this? 

2019-01-25 09_22_10-Economic Calendar.png

I'm a bit fan of visual imagery and quite like the historical data like this. 

2019-01-25 09_23_26-Economic Calendar.png

Or maybe things like suggested markets it's likely to effect? Increased Alert functionality and granularity? New delivery methods? There are likely a number of options. 

• I like the added description and educational stuff.
  • I want to get non-data driven points into the calendar as well... things like minutes, rather than just data points like NFP. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, JamesIG said:

I'm a bit fan of visual imagery and quite like the historical data like this. 

Yes, in the calendar linked in the OP  the hover over to pop up graph is great and clicking on the graph icon opens a new page packed with added info.

I agree the non-data stuff is often just as important, some sites simply link to the official minutes once released which is better than nothing.

A print or download option would be handy as well.

• Thanks 1

ooo I like those charts on the econ calendar link you posted @Caseynotes and its very useful. For me I think the description as well and I think it helps as there are so many different data points and its hard to remember what they all are. I like the way that dailyfx do it with the drop down rather than it taking you to a different webpage, however it doesn't have that for all events.

I also think a count down timer would also be good rather than just having the time of the event, and when you click on the event it comes up with the core market related to that, or at least a few options.

Edited by cryptotrader
  • Thanks 1

Filters are very important. Also presumably individual profile settings ie current day only, only FX related versus indices etc. Detail display with a pop-out frame but better than Forexfactory (where it obscures the rest of the calendar items and stops you from just putting to one side for later reading).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Up-FX

@JamesIGLate to the party but on FX Street eco calendar, not only can you see historical releases but also standard deviations from expectations which is very helpful when filtering out the noise of a release.

• 2 months later...
On 25/01/2019 at 09:02, JamesIG said:
  • What are your 'blue sky thinking' wish list items to have on the calendar? 

If by 'blue sky' you mean functionality that is already implemented and included on other platforms ...

Even Forex Factory is better than what IG has at the moment, which takes forever to get updated with the actual results.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA Elliott Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (1D Chart)   Greetings, Our Elliott Wave analysis today updates the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) with COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA. We identify a correction wave as the 2-red wave that has just ended, and we are continuously watching for a CBA for a Long-term trade.     ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA 1D Chart (Semilog Scale) Analysis   Function: Major trend (Minor degree, red) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave 3-red Details: The short-term outlook indicates a fairly rapid and strong price increase from the low of 109.94, suggesting that the 2-red wave has concluded, and the 3-red wave is unfolding. Pushing above and breaking the upper boundary line of the channel further clarifies this bullish view. We are closely monitoring CBA as we identify a long-term trading opportunity by seeking a strong support level at the Minor Level 110. Invalidation point: 96.15       ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (4-Hour Chart)   ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA Elliott Wave Technical Analysis ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA 4-Hour Chart Analysis   Function: Major trend (Minor degree, red)   Mode: Motive   Structure: Impulse   Position: Wave 3-red   Details: The shorter-term outlook suggests that the recent completion of the 1-red wave and the initiation of the 2-red wave have occurred to push prices lower. It appears that the 2-red wave has completed, allowing the 3-red wave to unfold upwards. We are closely monitoring CBA as there is a potential long-term trading opportunity with CBA. A rise above 120.60 would clarify the bullish outlook.   Invalidation point: 95.15         Conclusion:   Our analysis, forecast of contextual trends, and short-term outlook for ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA aim to provide readers with insights into the current market trends and how to capitalize on them effectively. We offer specific price points that act as validation or invalidation signals for our wave count, enhancing the confidence in our perspective. By combining these factors, we strive to offer readers the most objective and professional perspective on market trends.   Technical Analyst: Hua (Shane) Cuong, CEWA-M (Master’s Designation).   Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, Cadarno/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD) ADAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Flat Position: Wave C Direction Next higher Degrees: wave (II) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid level:  Details: Wave II Is equal to 61.8% of Wave I at 0.358 Cadarno/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction in the Expanded Flat pattern, where we are in the middle of a decline in Wave C, will have five extended internal sub-waves. But we still have one more decline left for Wave C to complete. So wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200 indicating a Dow trend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum.       Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart, Cadarno/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD) ADAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Follow Trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave 4 Direction Next higher Degrees: wave C of Flat Wave Cancel invalid level:  Details: A short-term pullback in wave 4 before falling again in wave 5. Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction in the Expanded Flat pattern, where we are in the middle of a decline in Wave C, will have five extended internal sub-waves. But we still have one more decline left for Wave C to complete. So wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200 indicating a Dow trend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
us