MT4 login details?

Guest Berno

Question

Guest Berno

Hi, where do i find my IG login details to log into my mt4 platform as i do not want to make use of the IG platform/app? Thank you

17 answers to this question

I can't find an MT4 account linked to the email address or community username you made this comment with. Please go to MyIG and add an MT4 account - from there you'll receive your login details. 

If you have an account under a different email, please drop us an email requesting a reset of your password and a reminder or your username. 

4 minutes ago, Berno said:

Hi, where do i find my IG login details to log into my mt4 platform as i do not want to make use of the IG platform/app? Thank you

Hi, did you open a mt4 IG account from your 'My IG' page (see pic below). (mt4 account is separate from web based platform account, you can easily transfer funds across). 

If so then on mt4 link it to IG by clicking File > 'Open an account' and follow the instructions.

image.thumb.png.70bceff88e52e4429646ba53246e46c4.png

Guest xaris

Hi I also have a similar issue although I have created a MT4 account in my IG the password seems to have a problem and its says connection failure. As login i have my MT4 account number and for password I have my regular password that i login to IG platform. is this correct? 

Guest locotrader

Although I have done this , I canot login to mt4 . as log in i put my MT4 number and for pass my regulare password for IG but it seems to not be working.

57 minutes ago, locotrader said:

Although I have done this , I canot login to mt4 . as log in i put my MT4 number and for pass my regulare password for IG but it seems to not be working.

Hi @locotrader, your IG password won't work for MT4, you should have been given a new computer generated one to start and you can change to whatever once you are in. Can't remember how that is sent to you for the live account, the posts above suggest it may be by email so check there.

For demo it's installed auto each time you open a new demo from 'File' > 'Open an account'.

Guest locotrader

hello ,

have the same problem don;t know what the login detail are for MT4!

Also IG is not replying to my emails for this..

I have installed the MT4, open the account at ig platform, but login in MT4 doesnt work

Guest David

Hi Guys

I have been using mt4 on Demo account for a couple of weeks now but now for some reason the Account history is all showing zero's for Profit/Loss   Credit.  Deposit and  Withdrawal.

I still have some trades running and under trade it's showing Balance ok Equity's ok and margin's all ok.

How do I get the Account history back? 

Any help would be much appreciated as I would like to use the real account soon if it all works out good.

Regards David

On 30/06/2019 at 10:14, locotrader said:

hello ,

have the same problem don;t know what the login detail are for MT4!

Also IG is not replying to my emails for this..

I have installed the MT4, open the account at ig platform, but login in MT4 doesnt work

I've been trying for the last 2 hours to get my MT4 IG account password. Either I'm going crazy or this is not a user friendly approach at all. 

17 minutes ago, Straddles said:

I've been trying for the last 2 hours to get my MT4 IG account password. Either I'm going crazy or this is not a user friendly approach at all. 

for a live account  the account name (5 numbers) and password are sent in 2 separate emails. for a demo account they are generated during the 'add an account' process. 

8 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

for a live account  the account name (5 numbers) and password are sent in 2 separate emails. for a demo account they are generated during the 'add an account' process. 

I only find the email with the account name (5 digits)

How can reset or retrieve my password? 

4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

the password email should follow shortly after the first, may be the next day?

Thank you for the help thus far. I opened the MT4 account 3 months ago, never used it.

How will I be able to retrieve it if I do not have the 2nd email?

I installed MT4 on my PC (three times!), but nothing ever launches from my desktop shortcuts. I also added and MT4 account from my IG dashboard, but the account platform it launches is just the same as the IG one. There's no option to sign into a different platform anywhere that I can see. Seems like a waste of time.