Client Sentiment: Web page showing wrong number

andysinclair

Question

13 answers to this question

Just now, jlz said:

I actually use sentiment from one of the algos.

https://labs.ig.com/rest-trading-api-reference/service-detail?id=551

So, it is a problem for me. Bigger than it seems and unfortunately as you said, because it is indicative it shouldn't be used to make any decision. 

It's a problem for me also. IG just need to ensure the numbers are consistent, I don't know which number to believe as the API shows a different number to some of their webpages.

4 minutes ago, jlz said:

So, it is a problem for me. Bigger than it seems and unfortunately as you said, because it is indicative it shouldn't be used to make any decision. 

Yeah just because a broker slaps the word 'indicative' on their data gives them a free pass to screw over their retail clients.

That's exactly how it works.

15 minutes ago, andysinclair said:

It's a problem for me also. IG just need to ensure the numbers are consistent, I don't know which number to believe as the API shows a different number to some of their webpages.

yes, the API shows different numbers. Until one of the sides reaches 80% I don't normally do anything, below that it can change quickly. You can blame the broker but you can't prove it. If we compare it with other sites, is IG's data wrong or the other site's data wrong? How can you actually prove it?

We are on moving sands. 

Edited by jlz
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, jlz said:

yes, the API shows different numbers. Until one of the sides reaches 80% I don't normally do anything, below that it can change quickly. You can blame the broker but you can't prove it. If we compare it with other sites, is IG's data wrong or the other site's data wrong? How can you actually prove it?

We are on moving sands. 

Wtf are you talking about?

You *are* aware that DailyFX is a subsidiary of IG and gets it data from them?

On 29/04/2020 at 16:40, andysinclair said:

I have just been looking at two pages on the IG site and they show different client sentiment numbers for AUDUSD:

Hi @andysinclair

We’re always looking for ways to improve your experience on our platform. That’s why we’re considering new ways to enhance your journey before you place a trade.

As such, we’ve designed a brief poll to understand which market and pre-trade analysis you find useful – as well as any additional features or improvements you’d like to see on our platform.

Your input will help us determine the type of tools you’d like added to the market details section of our client sentiment indicator.

Your opinions directly affect the improvements we make to our platform, so head over to the poll to cast your vote now.

The poll closes on Friday 29 July 2022, so be sure to submit your vote before then.

All the best - MongiIG