CANNOT CLOSE POSITION

Question

Guest JJP
7 minutes ago, Mrblair said:

Been waiting for 17 mins now and still no answer

I just get a dead line noise when I call both the help line and the dealing line

46 minutes ago, MikeBamber said:

Both through the web platform and ProRealTime... I cannot close out an open position on US500... IG are you going to refund any money lost because of your techincal error?

This has happened in the past and they have refused to pay for the losses. If it’s a small amount don’t even bother, if it’s above 10k + get a lawyer. 

3 minutes ago, Binny said:

IG SHOLULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY LOSSES.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY NOT ?

I think they will go bust....LOL
Very disappointed, definitely moving out of this platform.
Wanted to cut my losses but can't and the losses keep mounting...WTF right

Guest Neopolis
39 minutes ago, oxygen4life said:

Just saw the following

I am taking screenshot of all my attempted calls, and if they don't fill my order at the agreed price.

This will be raised as a complaint 

8 minutes ago, oxygen4life said:

Looks like it's back working

yup. just managed to close position for sizeable loss. 

Thank you for your posts and apologies for the platform issues. 

You can check the progress here: https://status.ig.com/

If you've had trades that were impacted but are now closed please tell us which ones at helpdesk.uk@ig.com. We will help traders if the issue was caused due to our error. 

Please only call us if you need to close a positions. The number mentioned in this chat are correct we're just very bsy at the moment. 

Apologies again from IG. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jim7519 said:

not that long

Absolutely !!!! Everytime there's high demand.  Happened to me on 9th March'20, when markets collapsed and all PIs tried to login, issued continued on the 10th March and days after. THEY ARENT SPENDING ENOUGH ON IT INFRASTRUCTURE. They gloat how great its been for them lately with extra commission, staff bonuses and new clients signing up but their IT system cant cope!

- READ THEIR RNS #IGG $IGG.

2 hours ago, Areyousure said:

has this happened i the past?

Absolutely !!!! Everytime there's high demand.  Happened to me on 9th March'20, when markets collapsed and all PIs tried to login, issued continued on the 10th March and days after. THEY ARENT SPENDING ENOUGH ON IT INFRASTRUCTURE. They gloat how great its been for them lately with extra commission, staff bonuses and new clients signing up but their IT system cant cope!

Guest d9nys

This is a major embarrasment to them. Its like we are being targeted and cant close or do anything and they dont answetr thier **** phones.

for some reason my OPEN poistions are not showing and I cant do wnything to my positions.

This is embarrasing to them and its not a good look at all

12 hours ago, barry7376 said:

Did they fully refund your losses?