Second outrage in 24 hrs

This is the second outrage in 24 hrs. I live in Singapore and I can’t see my opened position. The first outrage occurred on Thur (21 May) at around 10.30pm local time whereby I can’t adjust my stop loss. Where is the recourse for the losses? I am switching to CMC MARKET after this incident. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

It really is unacceptable. I’ve been trading with IG for 4-5 years and experienced various outages and frustrations with the stability of the platform, typically at the most inconvenient of times. However, these outages in the last 24 hours are serious. Calling to deal doesn’t help when market volatile. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
16 minutes ago, Djruk said:

It really is unacceptable. I’ve been trading with IG for 4-5 years and experienced various outages and frustrations with the stability of the platform, typically at the most inconvenient of times. However, these outages in the last 24 hours are serious. Calling to deal doesn’t help when market volatile. 

absolutely agree...

52 minutes ago, Singer83 said:

This is the second outrage in 24 hrs. I live in Singapore and I can’t see my opened position. The first outrage occurred on Thur (21 May) at around 10.30pm local time whereby I can’t adjust my stop loss. Where is the recourse for the losses? I am switching to CMC MARKET after this incident. 

Call them don't answer, Diu

We need complain to MAS

• Like 2

I had read other thread. There are some who managed to get compensation from IG. But u need screen shots or videos as evidence to back up your case. However, which email to send I got no idea. 

if we can get compensation on our losses due to glitches, then no need to complaint to MAS. I’ll update again. 

I have sent emails including screen videos and had no response in 2 months.

I have several issues relating to Trades hitting a Limit where I had no Limit.  Stop loss can't be moved.  Can't close trade for 20 mins or more.  The list is too long.

Currently trading Velocys Plc.  Missing candle info and volume data.  Different on each time frame.  I see candles up till 15th May, then nothing till today.

This is really a joke now and IG are not addressing their broken platform.

37 minutes ago, Singer83 said:

I had read other thread. There are some who managed to get compensation from IG. But u need screen shots or videos as evidence to back up your case. However, which email to send I got no idea. 

if we can get compensation on our losses due to glitches, then no need to complaint to MAS. I’ll update again. 

Our email address is helpdesk.uk@ig.com and if you include the trades that were impacted and why we will be happy to look into it for you. 

2 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

I have sent emails including screen videos and had no response in 2 months.

I have several issues relating to Trades hitting a Limit where I had no Limit.  Stop loss can't be moved.  Can't close trade for 20 mins or more.  The list is too long.

Currently trading Velocys Plc.  Missing candle info and volume data.  Different on each time frame.  I see candles up till 15th May, then nothing till today.

This is really a joke now and IG are not addressing their broken platform.

I remember you mentioning this issue before. What you're experiencing seems to be an isolated issue which needs to be looked into by our technical team. 

We are sorry for the recent outtages. Now that everything is up and running again our client facing team are trying to get through as many calls and emails as possible from traders. 

• Thought provoking 1
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

What you're experiencing seems to be an isolated issue which needs to be looked into by our technical team. 

Charlotte.........How can it be isolated?  The OP literally states he can't adjust his Stop Loss.  Others have claimed they can't Close Trades.  Others have claimed as I have that the Trade is actually missing from the chart.

Nothing about my experience is isolated.  

The only thins so far that I can see that may be isolated to myself is missing chart data as in Volume bars.

This does not change the fact I have sent several email to Help desk in 12 months ahd had No Replies.  Most recently I sent 2 videos of my screen showing chart, and time and my inability to move my Stop OR Close my trade.  Showing Missing Volume Data.....

The forum is awash with people pointing out several different or similar problems with the platform.  Please don't try to put me in a Pigeon hole.  I've already been ignored.

As I've pointed out, I estimate around £400 in 12 months lost to platform issues.

Edited by nit2wynit
2 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

Charlotte.........How can it be isolated?  The OP literally states he can't adjust his Stop Loss.  Others have claimed they can't Close Trades.  Others have claimed as I have that the Trade is actually missing from the chart.

Nothing about my experience is isolated.  

The only thins so far that I can see that may be isolated to myself is missing chart data as in Volume bars.

This does not change the fact I have sent several email to Help desk in 12 months ahd had No Replies.  Most recently I sent 2 videos of my screen showing chart, and time and my inability to move my Stop OR Close my trade.  Showing Missing Volume Data.....

The forum is awash with people pointing out several different or similar problems with the platform.  Please don't try to put me in a Pigeon hole.  I've already been ignored.

As I've pointed out, I estimate around £400 in 12 months lost to platform issues.

What I meant by this is that these issues have only impacted others when we have an outage whereas, from what I gathered, I thought your issue was occurring almost constantly? 

I do apologise if I misunderstood what you've posted before. 

And you're right if you've sent in emails and they have been ignored that's completely unacceptable so I will send your details to a manager in our client facing team so they can look into this. 

1 minute ago, CharlotteIG said:

What I meant by this is that these issues have only impacted others when we have an outage whereas, from what I gathered, I thought your issue was occurring almost constantly? 

I do apologise if I misunderstood what you've posted before. 

And you're right if you've sent in emails and they have been ignored that's completely unacceptable so I will send your details to a manager in our client facing team so they can look into this. 

It's OK Charlotte, I apologies also if I have been short on here.  I know you're doing your best.

When I joined this platform and forum back in April 2019, I was on Every Single Day, for Hours at a time while I learned.  During this time i encountered several problems which still exist today.  What appeared apparent is that what I was reporting back then, according to some people in the forum, was Isolated and at My End only.  

Is it possible i simply observed them more often?  Is it possible i noticed problems well before the majority did?  There are not that many people active in this forum.  I myself was not present for almost 6 months but surprised to see myself on the leaderboard.

The same people post in here daily.  Maybe most people got tired of the problems and simply didn't bother checking in with the Forum as I found myself doing?

Calling is futile.  Asking for Technical Help in here is futile (evidenced by the amount of unanswered questions in the Technical section) Chat is futile and, as proven by myself, e-mailing is futile.

Thanks again.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

It's OK Charlotte, I apologies also if I have been short on here.  I know you're doing your best.

When I joined this platform and forum back in April 2019, I was on Every Single Day, for Hours at a time while I learned.  During this time i encountered several problems which still exist today.  What appeared apparent is that what I was reporting back then, according to some people in the forum, was Isolated and at My End only.  

Is it possible i simply observed them more often?  Is it possible i noticed problems well before the majority did?  There are not that many people active in this forum.  I myself was not present for almost 6 months but surprised to see myself on the leaderboard.

The same people post in here daily.  Maybe most people got tired of the problems and simply didn't bother checking in with the Forum as I found myself doing?

Calling is futile.  Asking for Technical Help in here is futile (evidenced by the amount of unanswered questions in the Technical section) Chat is futile and, as proven by myself, e-mailing is futile.

Thanks again.

It's no problem and thank you. 

I want to try and get through to as many people as possible. 

I think the community is a great place but potentially we need more IG employees on here helping?

I get it which is why I am going to hand your details over to TS to reach out because it is errors that are impacting your trading experience and it's not fair. 

All the best 

• Great! 1
6 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

Don't forget to check IG has your correct contact details as that's been an issue in the past as I recall.

Nitty1.thumb.png.599d9cc787720fd6e05120ab40d37117.png

Hope this helps.

Edited by Caseynotes
  • Thanks 1

Ive been waiting over 24hrs now, ive sent 2 emails, with 2 templated replies. been held on the phone for over 2hrs

Reading from Ft, some users have already been reimbursed. Very frustrating. Will wait till monday, and call again, i hear nothing from IG, i will have to look for another platform to trade on. Have been with IG for quite some time now. But if there is a customer service where you prioritise your clients, then im out.

• Like 1

I agree with the frustration in this thread. I’ve lost over $800 au this week due to the platform issues which have been occurring in bursts over the last few days preventing me from closing trades. Sadly I don’t have screenshots or evidence to back up my claims and I had no luck calling the IG support line.

I am however seriously considering whether to stay with IG. The system seems to be down right now for maintenance so I will be looking very closely to see how it performs going into next week. 

In circumstances such as these technical support is sorely needed. I didn’t even get a email from IG to apologize and inform me what was going on. I understand technology fails but tech support doesn’t have too!

• Like 1

Same issue here, can't either close my positions or edit my position to avoid the stop loss between 12:30pm to 2pm on 22-May, it caused quite some losses.  And IG didn't even reveal the real breakdown time and find excuse to compensate the loss. 

Anyone wants to complain to MAS together ? 

Edited by Jasonsu
7 hours ago, ChrisTara said:

The system seems to be down right now for maintenance so I will be looking very closely to see how it performs going into next week. 

Haha won't make any difference.

I'd also like to know the source of the problems, but they're not going to tell US.  We're just retail skum🤪

Edited by dmedin
  • Like 1

Make your platform rock-fking-solid before adding any more bells and whistles and other trivial cr@p (such as 'RealVision', which you can't even watch at the same time as trading), that's my advice.  FWIW ROFL

Edited by dmedin
  • Like 1
Guest DID YOU HAVE PR'BLMS THUR?

How many of you traders also experienced serious problems with IG platform  UK evening time around 21.00hrs?

I had problems all evening, with blocked out phone lines too.

IG have stated they did not have any problems at this time?