Jump to content

Second outrage in 24 hrs


Recommended Posts

This is the second outrage in 24 hrs. I live in Singapore and I can’t see my opened position. The first outrage occurred on Thur (21 May) at around 10.30pm local time whereby I can’t adjust my stop loss. Where is the recourse for the losses? I am switching to CMC MARKET after this incident. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 4
Link to comment

It really is unacceptable. I’ve been trading with IG for 4-5 years and experienced various outages and frustrations with the stability of the platform, typically at the most inconvenient of times. However, these outages in the last 24 hours are serious. Calling to deal doesn’t help when market volatile. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Djruk said:

It really is unacceptable. I’ve been trading with IG for 4-5 years and experienced various outages and frustrations with the stability of the platform, typically at the most inconvenient of times. However, these outages in the last 24 hours are serious. Calling to deal doesn’t help when market volatile. 

absolutely agree...

Link to comment
52 minutes ago, Singer83 said:

This is the second outrage in 24 hrs. I live in Singapore and I can’t see my opened position. The first outrage occurred on Thur (21 May) at around 10.30pm local time whereby I can’t adjust my stop loss. Where is the recourse for the losses? I am switching to CMC MARKET after this incident. 

Call them don't answer, Diu

We need complain to MAS

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I had read other thread. There are some who managed to get compensation from IG. But u need screen shots or videos as evidence to back up your case. However, which email to send I got no idea. 

if we can get compensation on our losses due to glitches, then no need to complaint to MAS. I’ll update again. 

Link to comment

I have sent emails including screen videos and had no response in 2 months.

I have several issues relating to Trades hitting a Limit where I had no Limit.  Stop loss can't be moved.  Can't close trade for 20 mins or more.  The list is too long.

Currently trading Velocys Plc.  Missing candle info and volume data.  Different on each time frame.  I see candles up till 15th May, then nothing till today.

This is really a joke now and IG are not addressing their broken platform.

Link to comment
37 minutes ago, Singer83 said:

I had read other thread. There are some who managed to get compensation from IG. But u need screen shots or videos as evidence to back up your case. However, which email to send I got no idea. 

if we can get compensation on our losses due to glitches, then no need to complaint to MAS. I’ll update again. 

Our email address is helpdesk.uk@ig.com and if you include the trades that were impacted and why we will be happy to look into it for you. 

 

2 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

I have sent emails including screen videos and had no response in 2 months.

I have several issues relating to Trades hitting a Limit where I had no Limit.  Stop loss can't be moved.  Can't close trade for 20 mins or more.  The list is too long.

Currently trading Velocys Plc.  Missing candle info and volume data.  Different on each time frame.  I see candles up till 15th May, then nothing till today.

This is really a joke now and IG are not addressing their broken platform.

I remember you mentioning this issue before. What you're experiencing seems to be an isolated issue which needs to be looked into by our technical team. 

We are sorry for the recent outtages. Now that everything is up and running again our client facing team are trying to get through as many calls and emails as possible from traders. 

  • Thought provoking 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

What you're experiencing seems to be an isolated issue which needs to be looked into by our technical team. 

Charlotte.........How can it be isolated?  The OP literally states he can't adjust his Stop Loss.  Others have claimed they can't Close Trades.  Others have claimed as I have that the Trade is actually missing from the chart.

Nothing about my experience is isolated.  

The only thins so far that I can see that may be isolated to myself is missing chart data as in Volume bars.

This does not change the fact I have sent several email to Help desk in 12 months ahd had No Replies.  Most recently I sent 2 videos of my screen showing chart, and time and my inability to move my Stop OR Close my trade.  Showing Missing Volume Data.....

The forum is awash with people pointing out several different or similar problems with the platform.  Please don't try to put me in a Pigeon hole.  I've already been ignored.

As I've pointed out, I estimate around £400 in 12 months lost to platform issues.

Edited by nit2wynit
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

Charlotte.........How can it be isolated?  The OP literally states he can't adjust his Stop Loss.  Others have claimed they can't Close Trades.  Others have claimed as I have that the Trade is actually missing from the chart.

Nothing about my experience is isolated.  

The only thins so far that I can see that may be isolated to myself is missing chart data as in Volume bars.

This does not change the fact I have sent several email to Help desk in 12 months ahd had No Replies.  Most recently I sent 2 videos of my screen showing chart, and time and my inability to move my Stop OR Close my trade.  Showing Missing Volume Data.....

The forum is awash with people pointing out several different or similar problems with the platform.  Please don't try to put me in a Pigeon hole.  I've already been ignored.

As I've pointed out, I estimate around £400 in 12 months lost to platform issues.

What I meant by this is that these issues have only impacted others when we have an outage whereas, from what I gathered, I thought your issue was occurring almost constantly? 

I do apologise if I misunderstood what you've posted before. 

And you're right if you've sent in emails and they have been ignored that's completely unacceptable so I will send your details to a manager in our client facing team so they can look into this. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, CharlotteIG said:

What I meant by this is that these issues have only impacted others when we have an outage whereas, from what I gathered, I thought your issue was occurring almost constantly? 

I do apologise if I misunderstood what you've posted before. 

And you're right if you've sent in emails and they have been ignored that's completely unacceptable so I will send your details to a manager in our client facing team so they can look into this. 

It's OK Charlotte, I apologies also if I have been short on here.  I know you're doing your best.

When I joined this platform and forum back in April 2019, I was on Every Single Day, for Hours at a time while I learned.  During this time i encountered several problems which still exist today.  What appeared apparent is that what I was reporting back then, according to some people in the forum, was Isolated and at My End only.  

Is it possible i simply observed them more often?  Is it possible i noticed problems well before the majority did?  There are not that many people active in this forum.  I myself was not present for almost 6 months but surprised to see myself on the leaderboard.

The same people post in here daily.  Maybe most people got tired of the problems and simply didn't bother checking in with the Forum as I found myself doing?

Calling is futile.  Asking for Technical Help in here is futile (evidenced by the amount of unanswered questions in the Technical section) Chat is futile and, as proven by myself, e-mailing is futile.

Thanks again.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

It's OK Charlotte, I apologies also if I have been short on here.  I know you're doing your best.

When I joined this platform and forum back in April 2019, I was on Every Single Day, for Hours at a time while I learned.  During this time i encountered several problems which still exist today.  What appeared apparent is that what I was reporting back then, according to some people in the forum, was Isolated and at My End only.  

Is it possible i simply observed them more often?  Is it possible i noticed problems well before the majority did?  There are not that many people active in this forum.  I myself was not present for almost 6 months but surprised to see myself on the leaderboard.

The same people post in here daily.  Maybe most people got tired of the problems and simply didn't bother checking in with the Forum as I found myself doing?

Calling is futile.  Asking for Technical Help in here is futile (evidenced by the amount of unanswered questions in the Technical section) Chat is futile and, as proven by myself, e-mailing is futile.

Thanks again.

 

It's no problem and thank you. 

I want to try and get through to as many people as possible. 

I think the community is a great place but potentially we need more IG employees on here helping?

I get it which is why I am going to hand your details over to TS to reach out because it is errors that are impacting your trading experience and it's not fair. 

All the best 

  • Great! 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

Calling is futile.  Asking for Technical Help in here is futile (evidenced by the amount of unanswered questions in the Technical section) Chat is futile and, as proven by myself, e-mailing is futile.

Don't forget to check IG has your correct contact details as that's been an issue in the past as I recall.

Nitty1.thumb.png.599d9cc787720fd6e05120ab40d37117.png

Hope this helps.

 

 

Edited by Caseynotes
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Ive been waiting over 24hrs now, ive sent 2 emails, with 2 templated replies. been held on the phone for over 2hrs

Reading from Ft, some users have already been reimbursed. Very frustrating. Will wait till monday, and call again, i hear nothing from IG, i will have to look for another platform to trade on. Have been with IG for quite some time now. But if there is a customer service where you prioritise your clients, then im out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I agree with the frustration in this thread. I’ve lost over $800 au this week due to the platform issues which have been occurring in bursts over the last few days preventing me from closing trades. Sadly I don’t have screenshots or evidence to back up my claims and I had no luck calling the IG support line.

I am however seriously considering whether to stay with IG. The system seems to be down right now for maintenance so I will be looking very closely to see how it performs going into next week. 

In circumstances such as these technical support is sorely needed. I didn’t even get a email from IG to apologize and inform me what was going on. I understand technology fails but tech support doesn’t have too!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Same issue here, can't either close my positions or edit my position to avoid the stop loss between 12:30pm to 2pm on 22-May, it caused quite some losses.  And IG didn't even reveal the real breakdown time and find excuse to compensate the loss. 

Anyone wants to complain to MAS together ? 

Edited by Jasonsu
Link to comment
7 hours ago, ChrisTara said:

The system seems to be down right now for maintenance so I will be looking very closely to see how it performs going into next week. 

Haha won't make any difference.

I'd also like to know the source of the problems, but they're not going to tell US.  We're just retail skum🤪

Edited by dmedin
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Make your platform rock-fking-solid before adding any more bells and whistles and other trivial cr@p (such as 'RealVision', which you can't even watch at the same time as trading), that's my advice.  FWIW ROFL

Edited by dmedin
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Guest DID YOU HAVE PR'BLMS THUR?

How many of you traders also experienced serious problems with IG platform  UK evening time around 21.00hrs?

I had problems all evening, with blocked out phone lines too.

IG have stated they did not have any problems at this time?

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      21,259
    • Total Posts
      90,868
    • Total Members
      41,364
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    meka
    Joined 05/02/23 08:51
  • Posts

    • Q: How can I experience the Fairy Cat metaverse? A: Debuting in January 2023, Fairy Cat is one of the most popular crypto metaverse games. While earlier games (World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Destiny 2) either precede blockchain technology or have not integrated it into their games at all, more recent metaverse iterations - such as FairyCat - integrate metaverse games and blockchain platforms. These so-called "crypto metaverse" games use blockchain technology to achieve encrypted in-game cash, play-to-earn (P2E) and non-fungible tokens (NFT), decentralization and other functionality to bring extraordinary benefits to metaverse games. relevant impact. You don't need to be a crypto expert to play this innovative game, although a little crypto knowledge is helpful to take advantage of all the functionality of FairyCat. Start exploring Fairy Cat: 1. Go to the Fairy Cat website to learn more about the game's currency models, then download the Metamask wallet. 2. Start earning money by opening the game in the Metamask wallet browser. At this point, the game will connect to your wallet account. Don't worry that this game will steal your wallet balance, because it doesn't need your account authorization data, it just needs your wallet data. 3. Once you are in Fairy Cat, you can go through a money transfer tutorial to learn the basic controls. Then you can earn money in the following three methods: Method 1: Adopt a cat to help you find treasures, and you can make profit after selling the treasures. Method 2: Synthesize an LV1 elf cat through 5 elves, and then sell the LV1 elf cat to earn money. This can be understood simply as using 5U to earn 10U (50% probability), and you can buy items to increase the synthesis rate. Method 3: Invite your friends to play the game. After your friends earn money, you can also get commission income. The income is very high.
    • HI,  Please if any IG supporting staff can answer the questions below? 1. in the upcoming AMC/APE vote on 14 March 2023, can shareholder that hold AMC and APE at IG able to make a vote? I also have AMC and APE at IBKR and they did send out a notification to inform me that I can do proxy vote. Will IG do the same? 2. the upcoming vote is to determine APE covert back to AMC then do reverse spilt. Last year after APE issued, IG staff told me that they have to move APE to share dealing account from my ISA account as ISA is not eligible to hold APE (which is completely unbelivable, my APE at AJ Bell and HL are still sitting in ISA account). Anyway, if the conversion and reverse spilt is going to happen, will IG move my APE back to ISA account for the corporate action? Many Thanks
    • The epidemic in recent years has produced profound changes in people's lifestyles, and many of their activities have started to be developed in the virtual world, which plays an important role in promoting the development of the universe of meta. Games, as an important part of the universe of meta, will be the first industry to gain the benefits , but the following conditions are still indispensable for blockchain games to achieve better development.   - Wallets and Exchanges. Through the use of wallets, game users can truly take control of the assets in the game, and exchanges provide a trading platform and liquidity for these game assets NFT, helping users trade and revitalize their game assets. Wallets are a key application for depositing blockchain assets. Currently, wallets such as Metamask are not enough to support the extensive adoption of block games, and wallets will further advance community drive the popularity of blockchain games.  - Game playability. The biggest difference between blockchain games and traditional games is that gamers are also investors. Many blockchain games have gone out of course, treating all users as investors only and forgetting that the essence of making games is to develop high-quality games that users are interested in paying for. If most people play a game just to make money, and no one is ready to pay for it, it becomes a side-scam. The revenue of the participants of the side scam comes from the money of the people who come later, and if there are not enough people who come later, they will not be able to cash in the revenue, leading to the breakdown.  - Speed and performance. A high level of concurrency is the characteristic of game applications, so Wax, Coinan Chain and Polygon, which are public chains with a high level of concurrency and low fees, have attracted a large number of game developers. In the future, with the maturity of technologies such as Ethernet Layer 2 and slice scaling, as well as the maturity of other gaming public chain technologies compatible with EVM, blockchain games will have a better development and operation environment.  - Cross-chain and interaction. Cross-chain and interaction of game assets will be a direction of future development of metaverse games, and blockchain should be connected and accessible like the Internet. The maturity of cross-chain technology in the future will promote the cross-chain transfer of game assets and NFT, and improve the interaction experience of the system                                                                                     The game should maintain the operation of the project by relying on the payment of some users or selling profitable products, just like the new blockchain game Fairy Cat in 2023, which developed diverse gameplay for players and increased the playability of the game, thus got the recognition of many players. Blockchain games need to work hard on game experience and playability. Token economics is essentially just a kind of interest structure , and even good token economics cannot replace the development, operation and profitability of the project itself. It is believed that with the maturity of the above conditions, more and more game developers and investors will enter this industry and together promote the production of some blockchain games with beautiful graphics, first-class experience and high playability.
×
×
  • Create New...