SYSTEM CRASHING

its a complete joke, its real money we are playing with here, its really not on. IG are one of the biggest online trading platforms in the world and for 3 days its been down, I rely on trading as and when i need to, they need to sort this out asap. Great platform highly recommend them but for this to happen 3 days in a row is unprofessional and a complete joke!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BASA said:

You basically killing my account, I haven’t been able to access positions for 45 minutes. -this on top of the devestaing affect yesterday had on my account. Please please someone help.

no its not the case charlotte we still cant login and trade!

Why is the IG trading platform keeps crashing at such a critical time where volatility is very high! Cannot even execute a single deal! To make matter worse, they hold no accountability and are unreachable via online chat, phone, email! Real clients are losing money as a result of this and they are simply taking no responsibility at all. After seeing all these responses, now I see why they have such a poor review! Will be transferring to another broker

3 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, 

We're sorry we haven't been able to provide the service we wanted but are working hard to make sure it doesn't happen again and as mentioned we're more than happy to investigate anything that happened within that time frame and resolve it. 

We're aware this was our error but are doing everything we can to resolve traders issues. 

All the best 

There is a prominent MP currently aware of the situation with retail trading platforms and has spoken out. I moved from trading212 to IG as I was expecting nothing could be worse than them. It turns out I was wrong. The practices displayed are arguably illegal and not to mention we now cant even access our account to rectify these trades. I am a day/swing trader and use opening volatility. Now I am locked in trades that I have no idea what they are doing to my account. I suggest rather than the same blanket apology something gets sorted ASAP before similar action is taken like is happening with Robinhood in the USA.  

11 minutes ago, mjk2112 said:

Seriously thinking of withdrawing as much of my funds as i can now

The problem is you can’t even withdraw funds.

im so desperate that I tried to withdraw funds to hopefully trigger a margin call. Can’t even do that

Just now, mjk2112 said:

I got into the withdraw page and looks like it will let me

1 minute ago, BASA said:

The problem is you can’t even withdraw funds.

im so desperate that I tried to withdraw funds to hopefully trigger a margin call. Can’t even do that

Go in via the myIG and it should have a link there to add funds, click it and then you are on the page to withdraw also if you want to

26 minutes ago, cirrhu said:

Totally agree. I have been with IG for over 2 years and their platform runs very smooth - I would even say flawless - when they want it. Because such failures tend to occur at times when a lot of money can be made (or lost), I cannot help but wonder whether it is intentional rather than technical. 

24 minutes ago, mjk2112 said:

Down for me still. I am out of IG as soon as i can now. They do this and are still going to disadvantage retail on margin soon too.

Down for me also

24 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

15.15 and still can't load the page.

I hope I still have an account to left to trade.

I think the market will be closed by the time the system comes up

24 minutes ago, Eurobonus said:

And this is acceptable? Yesterday, I lost a lot ... because I couldn't close my positions

ig1.jpg

Luckily it's only £34 quid for you, and not £120k negative PnL as it might be for some of us