SYSTEM CRASHING

Hey, 

I can only apologise for that's happening. 

I'm not defending what's happening. We're working to get the login issue sorted (updates here: https://status.ig.com/). 

I can assure you though that these are technical issues. We wouldn't put or reputation on the line to take money from traders. I know this doesn't make it any better. 

I'm waiting on updates to give. Massive apologies, I completely understand everyone's frustrations. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, JJP said:

This really is an unfortunate situation. It may well be just a capacity problem or other technical glitch, but the fact that I cannot find a message from IG to explain the situation is really galling and upsetting. I don't trade big and I rarely make money, but its my fun lockdown hobby and I would prefer to do that on a stable, reliable platform with clear customer service messaging when things go wrong. AM currently opening demo accounts with other regulated providers.

I've tried several of the UK platforms and to be Fair to IG I find the Order Execution and Platform the easiest and quickest to use, but only if you're Spread Betting.  It's not very User Friendly if you're a Day Trader Buying and Selling Shares.

On another note, I've have few problems over several months now, but I no longer Spread Bet either.  I prefer to Buy and Hold or Swing Trade.  Maybe my less frequent Scalping habits means I don't suffer the usual problems I've had for 2 years.  I don't know.

What I do know, as I've stated, is that when I can claim I've placed over 200 Trades last month it has been stable.  If fact I don;t mind admitting it's the best it has been for a very long time, but there was a recent update or two.

• Like 2
On 28/01/2021 at 22:46, Eurobonus said:

This is totally unacceptable. When markets are extremely volatile, IG shuts down the system so can't execute any trades. Tried to call and just get cut off.  LOST SO MUCH MONEY because of this.

Anyone else thinks this is outrageous by IG?

Agreed with the comment. Same experience too!!

• Like 1
Just now, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, 

I'm not defending what's happening. We're working to get the login issue sorted (updates here: https://status.ig.com/). 

I'm waiting on updates to give. Massive apologies, I completely understand everyone's frustrations. 

This has happened multiple times over the past 12 months.

I understand that there can be technical issues but what is not acceptable is there is never any analysis published afterwards: what happened and what work is being done to address it so it doesn't happen again.

Is it purely a technical issue, i.e. too many users and the servers can't handle it? or something else?

• Like 3
Just now, MS0 said:

Hi cannot access platform on browser, accidentally closed my trade when maneovering between watchlist and positions and page isnt loaded. Contacted customer services- waiting for call back

1D3403C9-DBCC-4A0B-8656-8D4936391D3D.jpeg

I've lost money in the past thru platform Lag and accidentally Moving Stops or Limits because of it.

Very difficult to prove however.

On 28/01/2021 at 14:46, Eurobonus said:

This is totally unacceptable. When markets are extremely volatile, IG shuts down the system so can't execute any trades. Tried to call and just get cut off.  LOST SO MUCH MONEY because of this.

Anyone else thinks this is outrageous by IG?

Totally agree. I have been with IG for over 2 years and their platform runs very smooth - I would even say flawless - when they want it. Because such failures tend to occur at times when a lot of money can be made (or lost), I cannot help but wonder whether it is intentional rather than technical. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

You basically killing my account, I haven’t been able to access positions for 45 minutes. -this on top of the devestaing affect yesterday had on my account. Please please someone help.

39 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, 

I've been able to login and all systems are operational from: https://status.ig.com/

Let me know if it's still the case. 

All the best 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Guest Tariq said:

YES! absolutely it happens repeatedly which is nothing less a malicious action by the IG. At some times it even prevents to adjust stop loss or a limit order resulting  in a serious MONEY LOSS 

Absolutely unacceptable service -  IG needs to have a careful think about their mode of operation and if not sorted quickly it will encourage mass customer departure including me !

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, 

I can assure you though that these are technical issues. We wouldn't put or reputation on the line to take money from traders. I know this doesn't make it any better. 

This is crazy!! App fully frozen me out.  Managed to get on via laptop but the. won’t execute any orders!!! 🤬

It is quite a desaster  It has again happened a few minutes ago exactly at 15:30 (in germany) when wall street opened. So i think it must be an overload issue in terms of trading activity. Maybe in combination with a new version of their web software. 

Just now, twu1234 said:

It is quite a desaster  It has again happened a few minutes ago exactly at 15:30 (in germany) when wall street opened. So i think it must be an overload issue in terms of trading activity. Maybe in combination with a new version of their web software. 

If that's the case, then they are at fault because they should not have gone live with update without proper testing. Very easy to replicate when the US opens as there is a lot of data so they should be aware of the volatility. IT JUST IS NOT ACCEPTABLE !!!  I LOST THOUSANDS YESTERDAY AND I CAN'T GET THROUGH TO CUSTOMER SERVICES, EITHER VIA PHONE OR ONLINE CHAT.