NO NEWS FEED

JustinDurrant

Question

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, JustinDurrant said:

News feed and twitter feeds have stopped since 14/03/23?

Hi @JustinDurrant

Our web trading platform Twitter feed isn't updating, due to an API update from Twitter. Our team is working at resolving the problem under the following reference number INC0697639 - Twitter feed not updating. Apologies for the inconvenience, you can contact our helpdesk to follow up. Thank you for your patience.

All the best - MongiIG

• Sad 1

Hi All, we experienced an issue that led to Twitter Feeds not updating on the platform. An investigation was conducted to identify the cause and find a permanent solution to the problem. We have our IG teams prioritizing on resolving the issue on a timely manner. We unfortunately do not have ETA on when this will be resolved and apologize for the delay and inconvenience caused. We kindly ask for your patience. 

Thanks, OfentseIG

Funnily enough, I have another issue which IG tells me that they have been looking to fix for 4 months now (tell me ongoing when I chase) and I can't believe it could not have been fixed if this were the case.

I assume that we will never be getting feed back as an "API" issue like this is not a two week fix. They just don't want to tell us hoping we will forget.

@MongiIG can you advise of a way to replicate the news feed that you previously supplied within IG? In fact, I'm happy to not have the Bloomberg news feed as clicking on that was a waste of time as they require a subscription. However, I found the Reuters news, in particular, to be very useful. 

I have a twitter account, can I simply recreate what you had in that? 

@iom120000 thanks for your reply, but just opening twitter in a sidebar is only helpful if I know how to access the same news feeds and refresh them automatically - if you can give me some idea of how to start it, I'll give it a go! For instance, how would I replicate the Reuters news feeds that IG were providing?

19 hours ago, DB7 said:

@MongiIG can you advise of a way to replicate the news feed that you previously supplied within IG? In fact, I'm happy to not have the Bloomberg news feed as clicking on that was a waste of time as they require a subscription. However, I found the Reuters news, in particular, to be very useful. 

I have a twitter account, can I simply recreate what you had in that? 

@iom120000 thanks for your reply, but just opening twitter in a sidebar is only helpful if I know how to access the same news feeds and refresh them automatically - if you can give me some idea of how to start it, I'll give it a go! For instance, how would I replicate the Reuters news feeds that IG were providing?

Just open a Twitter a/c, do a search and start following whichever feed you like. Reuters, Bloomberg etc etc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• GBPJPY Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Day  Chart, 1 March 24 British Pound/Japanese Yen (GBPJPY) Day Chart GBPJPY Elliott Wave Technical Analysis FUNCTION:  Counter Trend MODE: impulsive as C STRUCTURE:  black wave C POSITION: Red wave 4 DIRECTION NEXT LOWER DEGREES: black wave C (may started) DETAILS: blue wave 5,red wave 5 of C looking completed . Now sub waves Black wave C is in play . Wave Cancel invalid level:191.335 The "GBPJPY Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Day Chart" dated 1 March 24, provides a comprehensive analysis of the British Pound/Japanese Yen (GBPJPY) currency pair using Elliott Wave principles on the daily chart. The focus of the analysis is on identifying potential market movements within a counter-trend framework. The identified "FUNCTION" is "Counter Trend," indicating a strategic orientation toward identifying potential reversals or corrective movements against the prevailing trend. This suggests that the analysis is geared towards capturing counter trend opportunities. The specified "MODE" is "Impulsive as C," implying that the current market conditions are marked by strong and forceful price movements within the context of a corrective wave (C). Despite being in a counter-trend phase, the analysis acknowledges the impulsive nature of the price action. The described "STRUCTURE" is "Black wave C," emphasizing the broader corrective structure within the Elliott Wave framework. This suggests an analysis focused on the completion of the larger corrective wave C. The identified "POSITION" is "Red wave 4," indicating the current position within the Elliott Wave pattern. Red wave 4 represents a corrective phase within the broader structure of black wave C. In terms of "DIRECTION NEXT LOWER DEGREES," the emphasis is on "Black wave C (may have started)." This indicates an anticipation of the initiation of the next phase of the corrective structure, with the caveat that it is qualified by "may have started," suggesting a degree of uncertainty. The "DETAILS" section highlights that "blue wave 5, red wave 5 of C looking completed." This signals the completion of specific sub waves within the broader context of black wave C, and it is noted that the sub waves of black wave C are now in play. The "Wave Cancel invalid level" is set at 191.335, serving as a critical reference point. A breach beyond this level would invalidate the current wave count, prompting a reassessment of the analysis. In summary, the GBPJPY Elliott Wave Analysis for the daily chart on 1 March 24, underscores a focus on the completion of specific sub waves within black wave C, with attention to the potential initiation of the next phase of the corrective structure. Traders are advised to monitor the invalidation level at 191.335 for potential shifts in the wave count within the counter-trend context.           GBPJPY Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4 Hour  Chart, 1 March 24 British Pound/Japanese Yen (GBPJPY) 4 Hour Chart GBPJPY Elliott Wave Technical Analysis FUNCTION:  Counter Trend MODE: impulsive as C STRUCTURE:  sun waves of black wave C POSITION: Red wave 4 DIRECTION NEXT LOWER DEGREES: black wave C (may started) DETAILS: blue wave 5,red wave 5 of C looking completed . Now sub waves Black wave C is in play . Wave Cancel invalid level:191.335 The "GBPJPY Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4 Hour Chart" dated 1 March 24, presents a detailed examination of the British Pound/Japanese Yen (GBPJPY) currency pair, employing Elliott Wave analysis on the 4-hour chart. The analysis focuses on identifying potential market movements within the context of a counter-trend scenario. The specified "FUNCTION" is "Counter Trend," suggesting a strategic approach that seeks to identify potential reversals or corrective movements against the prevailing trend. This indicates a focus on counter trend trading opportunities. The designated "MODE" is "Impulsive as C," signifying that the current market conditions are characterized by strong and forceful price movements within the context of a corrective wave (C). This implies that, despite being in a counter-trend phase, there is a notable impulsive nature to the price action. The described "STRUCTURE" is "Sub Waves of black wave C," emphasizing the focus on the sub waves within the larger corrective structure of black wave C. This suggests a detailed analysis of the internal dynamics of the ongoing correction. The identified "POSITION" is "Red wave 4," indicating the current position within the Elliott Wave pattern. Red wave 4 represents a corrective phase within the broader structure of black wave C. Regarding "DIRECTION NEXT LOWER DEGREES," the focus is on "Black wave C (may have started)." This implies the anticipation of the initiation of the next phase of the corrective structure, black wave C. The use of "may have started" indicates a degree of uncertainty, highlighting the need for confirmation. In the "DETAILS" section, it is mentioned that "blue wave 5, red wave 5 of C looking completed. Now sub waves Black wave C is in play." This signals the completion of specific sub waves within the larger black wave C and the transition to the unfolding of sub waves within black wave C. The "Wave Cancel invalid level" is set at 191.335, serving as a critical reference point. A breach beyond this level would invalidate the current wave count, prompting a reassessment of the analysis. In summary, the GBPJPY Elliott Wave Analysis for the 4-hour chart on 1 March 24, indicates a focus on the completion of specific sub waves within black wave C, with attention to the potential initiation of the next phase of the corrective structure. Traders are advised to monitor the invalidation level at 191.335 for potential shifts in the wave count within the counter-trend context. Technical Analyst : Malik Awais Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, 1 March 24, Bitcoin/ U.S. dollar(BTCUSD) BTCUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow Trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave III Direction Next higher Degrees: wave (III) Wave Cancel invalid level: 31046.25 Bitcoin/ U.S. dollar(BTCUSD)Trading Strategy: Wave action (III) in the form of an often extended impulse. It is likely to go up to test the 66410.307 level. In the short term, there may be a correction in Wave IV before rising again. Therefore, Bitcoin overall is still in an uptrend. Bitcoin/ U.S. dollar(BTCUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, Wave Oscillators a bullish Momentum. TradingLounge Analyst: Kittiampon Somboonsod, CEWA Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!         Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge 4Hr Chart, 1 March 24, Bitcoin/ U.S. dollar(BTCUSD) BTCUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow Trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave III Direction Next higher Degrees: wave (III) Wave Cancel invalid level: 31046.25 Bitcoin/ U.S. dollar(BTCUSD)Trading Strategy: Wave action (III) in the form of an often extended impulse. It is likely to go up to test the 66410.307 level. In the short term, there may be a correction in Wave IV before rising again. Therefore, Bitcoin overall is still in an uptrend. Bitcoin/ U.S. dollar(BTCUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, Wave Oscillators a bullish Momentum.    
    • Greetings Is it possible to enable after hours trading via my spread bet account?
us