NO NEWS FEED

JustinDurrant

Question

17 answers to this question

1 hour ago, JustinDurrant said:

News feed and twitter feeds have stopped since 14/03/23?

Hi @JustinDurrant

Our web trading platform Twitter feed isn't updating, due to an API update from Twitter. Our team is working at resolving the problem under the following reference number INC0697639 - Twitter feed not updating. Apologies for the inconvenience, you can contact our helpdesk to follow up. Thank you for your patience.

All the best - MongiIG

• Sad 1

Hi All, we experienced an issue that led to Twitter Feeds not updating on the platform. An investigation was conducted to identify the cause and find a permanent solution to the problem. We have our IG teams prioritizing on resolving the issue on a timely manner. We unfortunately do not have ETA on when this will be resolved and apologize for the delay and inconvenience caused. We kindly ask for your patience. 

Thanks, OfentseIG

Funnily enough, I have another issue which IG tells me that they have been looking to fix for 4 months now (tell me ongoing when I chase) and I can't believe it could not have been fixed if this were the case.

I assume that we will never be getting feed back as an "API" issue like this is not a two week fix. They just don't want to tell us hoping we will forget.

@MongiIG can you advise of a way to replicate the news feed that you previously supplied within IG? In fact, I'm happy to not have the Bloomberg news feed as clicking on that was a waste of time as they require a subscription. However, I found the Reuters news, in particular, to be very useful. 

I have a twitter account, can I simply recreate what you had in that? 

@iom120000 thanks for your reply, but just opening twitter in a sidebar is only helpful if I know how to access the same news feeds and refresh them automatically - if you can give me some idea of how to start it, I'll give it a go! For instance, how would I replicate the Reuters news feeds that IG were providing?

19 hours ago, DB7 said:

@MongiIG can you advise of a way to replicate the news feed that you previously supplied within IG? In fact, I'm happy to not have the Bloomberg news feed as clicking on that was a waste of time as they require a subscription. However, I found the Reuters news, in particular, to be very useful. 

I have a twitter account, can I simply recreate what you had in that? 

@iom120000 thanks for your reply, but just opening twitter in a sidebar is only helpful if I know how to access the same news feeds and refresh them automatically - if you can give me some idea of how to start it, I'll give it a go! For instance, how would I replicate the Reuters news feeds that IG were providing?

Just open a Twitter a/c, do a search and start following whichever feed you like. Reuters, Bloomberg etc etc.

This is a related issue but I can't find any other threads discussing - ever since I upgraded my PC to windows 11 my twitter feed has been missing, along with the toggles for positions, news or both (can't remember the exact names).

I've tried clearing out cookies, removing ad blocks, checking my router settings to see if anything could be blocking it but no joy. Any suggestions?