Indices

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use only 2 MAs as a filter (used the same settings long time) Had some time over and did a backtest buy sell on cross I used a trailing stop and optimized the trailing stop only and for th

JESS ........TWO BARKS FOR BUY     ONE BARK FOR SELL   ???

Apple warns may miss quarterly guidance estimates due to virus impact starts a new pullback in the indices.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dmedin said:

I thought you were successful at trading short time frames.

For me multiple time frame analysis is more of a solid approach than hopping from one “indicator” to another. I am most profitable scaling in and out of a swing trade.  

661007161_IGMetaTrader4Terminal.thumb.png.779b983c1f57ac668eebc234c1857e1f.png

Screenshot - 10_17_2020 , 8_40_14 PM.png

Edited by AndrewS
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, AndrewS said:

For me multiple time frame analysis is more of a solid approach than hopping from one “indicator” to another. I am most profitable scaling in and out of a swing trade.  

Good for you?

Are you just showing off here then?  Because I haven't seen you post anything useful?  Unless you think a daily chart with a two-hundred moving average is useful in some way?

• Sad 1

Folks, IG have 250,000 clients and two people - Andrew and I think the wee diminutive Sw3dish **** - have posted something indicating that they've made some money recently.

That's a potential two out of 250,000 who aren't losing money.

Please, feel free to chime in and share your success story (you don't have to share your methods).

• Sad 1
14 hours ago, dmedin said:

Good for you?

Are you just showing off here then?  Because I haven't seen you post anything useful?  Unless you think a daily chart with a two-hundred moving average is useful in some way?

The French index dropped 0.43% between posting the first and second charts and the last daily profit figure in the trade analytics was entirely from scaling out of a long and a short on the Dax.

On 18/10/2020 at 07:06, AndrewS said:

The French index dropped 0.43% between posting the first and second charts and the last daily profit figure in the trade analytics was entirely from scaling out of a long and a short on the Dax.

I also had a >1 return at one point this year in my trade analytics.

Come back and show me a >1 return over a period of five years or more and I'll be impressed.

The arrow shows where you should have entered the trade, but if you're asleep or doing something else - tough t!ts.  What you going to do about it, except sit out the entire move?  Another reason why buy and hold is simpler and more effective :)

Germany 30_20201020_06.02.png