Crypto Derivatives

I'm presuming this is just out today as it's based on a report published on Monday.  

"The FCA considers these products are ill-suited to retail consumers who cannot reliably assess the value and risks of derivatives or ETNs that reference certain cryptoassets (crypto-derivatives). This is due to:

• inherent nature of the underlying assets, which have no reliable basis for valuation
  • the prevalence of market abuse and financial crime in the secondary market for cryptoassets (eg cyber theft)
  • extreme volatility in cryptoasset price movements, and
  • inadequate understanding by retail consumers of cryptoassets and the lack of a clear investment need for investment products referencing them"

Lots of "rumors" 

Saw this about CFDs in Aussie-land

"Regardless of whether customers of Australian brokers are from overseas, soon the regulator in the Land Down Under is expected to change the rules of the game. With its newly minted product intervention powers, ASIC is expected to ban products that it deems toxic in the coming weeks.

To date, there is no specific information as to what those might be; however, the vast majority of the market is expecting a complete ban of binary options and some limitations to CFDs. As previously emphasized by Finance Magnates, one senior executive in the industry from a major brokerage shared privately that he is hearing about a complete ban on CFDs for retail investors."

https://www.financemagnates.com/forex/brokers/exclusive-what-aussie-brokers-are-doing-with-overseas-clients/

7 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

ASIC is expected to ban products that it deems toxic in the coming weeks.

ASIC very much in the footsteps of ESMA.

"Hi Peter, my understanding is that distribution and design relate to companies adequately discerning between different target markets in relation to their products. They have to take proactive measures to remain compliant in different jurisdictions, determine suitable investors, etc. Leverage cuts and product bans are already in ASIC’s hands now."

This is quite typical behaviour in the financial services industry. 

Senior execs and inside traders cause the system to collapse, prompting a government bailout.

Regulatory authorities respond by slapping stifling prohibitions and restrictions on normal people (who didn't cause the crisis in the first place) and let the top execs (who were entirely responsible for the collapse of the system) retire with multi-million pound pensions intact.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• I've been exploring the world of play-to-earn gaming recently, looking for something that's not just about endless grinding but actually offers a fun and rewarding experience. OGC really stood out to me because it combines gaming with a sense of community in a unique way. OGC isn't just a game; it's a platform where you can play, earn, and even help shape its future. You're not just a player; you're part of a community with a voice. The idea of earning crypto while playing games is exciting, but what makes OGC special is its focus on community involvement. Your feedback can directly influence the development of the game, which is a big deal. I've also heard that the OGC token is available for pre-market trading on Bitget. While I'm still getting to know the platform and its features, it's definitely something to keep an eye on. Has anyone else tried OGC? What has your experience been like? I'd love to hear your thoughts and any tips you might have.
    • I am anticipating the impact of this listing on Mongy. 
    • AVY Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Daily Chart, Avery Dennison Corp., (AVY) Daily Chart AVY Elliott Wave Technical Analysis FUNCTION: Counter Trend MODE: Corrective STRUCTURE: Flat POSITION: Wace 2 DIRECTION: Bottom in wave 2.   DETAILS: Looking for a bottom in wave 2 soon, as we seem to be in an Intermediate wave (5) and have broken into ATH with the upside in wave 1 of (5).     AVY Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4H Chart, Avery Dennison Corp., (AVY) 4H Chart AVY Elliott Wave Technical Analysis FUNCTION: Counter Trend MODE: Corrective STRUCTURE: Flat POSITION: Wave {c} of 2.   DIRECTION: Bottom in wave {c} DETAILS: Looking for a bottom in {c}, as we have enter the aread between equality and 1.618 {c} vs. {a} which is where we would expect at least a bounce, in addition volume seems to be supporting a potential turn.   Welcome to our latest Elliott Wave analysis for Avery Dennison Corp. (AVY). This analysis provides an in-depth look at AVY's price movements using the Elliott Wave Theory, helping traders identify potential opportunities based on current trends and market structure. We will cover insights from both the daily and 4-hour charts to offer a comprehensive perspective on AVY's market behavior.   * AVY Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – Daily Chart* The daily chart shows that AVY is approaching the bottom of wave 2 within an Intermediate wave (5). The price action indicates that wave 1 of (5) has already broken into an all-time high (ATH), which suggests strong bullish momentum. We are now looking for wave 2 to find its bottom soon, which would set the stage for the continuation of the upward trend in wave 3 of (5).   * AVY Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – 4H Chart* The 4-hour chart provides a closer look at wave {c} of 2, where the price has entered the area between equality and 1.618 times the length of wave {a}. This is a common target area for wave {c}, and the increased volume suggests a potential turn is near. Traders should watch for signs of a bottom formation in this area, which could lead to a significant bounce and the resumption of the overall uptrend.   Technical Analyst : Alessio Barretta Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
us