Covid and the Economy

21 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Welcome to Communist Britain :D

We feel bad for the Jewish population during Hitler's time. Yet we feel socially responsible when we are treated the same today. But don't worry, more rights will be eroded soon and we will be thankful for those measures.

• Thought provoking 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, HPbrand said:

We feel bad for the Jewish population during Hitler's time. Yet we feel socially responsible when we are treated the same today. But don't worry, more rights will be eroded soon and we will be thankful for those measures.

The protocols have been activated ... the communist state is in full force :D

Remember!  It is your duty to protect the NHS, not the NHS duty to protect you :P

“The legal instructions on not leaving your home without a reasonable excuse apply to everyone,” Chief Constable Iain Livingstone said in a statement.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-scotland-cmo/scots-medical-chief-resigns-after-flouting-own-coronavirus-rules-idUKKBN21N0OB

Don't really watch so much circus shows but heard Boris has gone back to hospital for more tests after he was tested positve before. More tests, more acting.

Sorry, the Oscar award for best actor does not go to him.

Edited by HPbrand

Dave Keating  @DaveKeating

EU #ExitStrategy will be adopted tomorrow, a Commission spokesperson says. It follows Austria, Denmark and Croatia's adoption of their own national strategies yesterday. They did inform the EU beforehand, he says. Timeline sped up for fear of EU coordination being preempted.

• Great! 1
On 06/04/2020 at 09:46, HPbrand said:

Don't really watch so much circus shows but heard Boris has gone back to hospital for more tests after he was tested positve before. More tests, more acting.

Sorry, the Oscar award for best actor does not go to him.

Remember ... we need to be prepared to lose loved ones before their time.

And ... we are to show good-humoured British resolve.

So, no point worrying about the t*sser :)

The EU same as the WHO have done nothing to help, EU more concerned with signing up new countries than aiding Italy. Now that countries have started releasing their own timetable for ending lockdown the EU has decided it had better do something and so has been forced to devise a coordinated EU exit strategy.

7 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

EU more concerned with signing up new countries than aiding Italy

What exactly do countries like Italy get out of EU membership?

I also read that the EU court has ruled Greece was unlawful in preventing asylum seekers coming in during the epidemic, so that will be another fine for a country already long under the cosh of international banksters.

2 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I also read that the EU court has ruled Greece was unlawful in preventing asylum seekers coming in during the epidemic, so that will be another fine for a country already long under the cosh of international banksters.

Italians have spent the last 2 weeks filming themselves burning EU flags to post on SM.😳

• Thought provoking 1
10 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I will not be surprised if the Italian government will soon have to put all the art collection plus the museum buildings as collateral to get loans. This is what they get for being stuck in the EU trap.

I have a new business idea for to be bankrupted citizens to earn a living. They could transition over to acting. They probabaly won't fake death but I am sure they can fake sickness lying in bed covered by a face mask. These roles will be in high demand.

Edited by HPbrand

Kevin Schofield  @PolhomeEditor

11m

BREAKING Downing Street spokesman: "The Prime Minister has been stable overnight and remains in good spirits. He is receiving standard oxygen treatment and is breathing without any other assistance. He has not required mechanical ventilation or non-invasive respiratory support.

2 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I only just got my letter from BoJo telling me to stay indoors to protect the NHS.  :D

can't be left behind and the early modelling projections, esp for the US, were way too dramatic, and besides people (and businesses) really are running out of money.

• Thought provoking 1
8 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

can't be left behind and the early modelling projections, esp for the US, were way too dramatic, and besides people (and businesses) really are running out of money.

Emergency loans, furloughs etc.

Mike Valletutti; CTA, CPO @marketmodel

4m

More Americans worry about losing wages as coronavirus spreads, poll. More than a third of respondents in the six key states who have already lost income or employment said they could afford food, housing and other essential costs for less than a month,

"How will UK lockdown be lifted? (after the flattening of the infection rate curve)

There’s been no official advice or information on this but judging by the plan from across Europe it will be gradual."

"For example, Austria will be reopening small shops first, Denmark is encouraging ‘staggered working’ so not everyone will be suing public transport at one time and Germany will consider opening some restaurants if the contagion rate stays low."

https://www.lbcnews.co.uk/world-news/coronavirus/how-will-uk-lockdown-be-lifted-when/

• Like 2