IG Status

Caseynotes

Question

Current platform issues;

Issues closing positions

Update - We're continuing to investigate this issue, please call only if you need to deal.
Sep 5, 12:00 UTC

Update - We're continuing to investigate this issue, please call only if you need to deal.
Sep 5, 11:53 UTC

Investigating - Some clients are experiencing issues closing positions via our platforms. Please call if you need to deal: 0207 896 0000.
Sep 5, 11:33 UTC

https://status.ig.com/?REF=TS&SM=TW&CHID=9

Guest kingjanna
Just now, yinjay said:

I was surprised that I could not take a position. good luck to team solve the problem and hope it does not happen too often.

I hope they do it in the next 15 minutes 🤞🙏

2 minutes ago, Viorel said:

The chat is not working (or being very, very busy). I lost revenue being unable to change the stop and even close the EURGBP deal.

Moreover, I can't close a pending order on the same pair. 

I need an URGENT cancel of the pending order as I do not trust the system these days and would not like to enter a deal I can't control on a timely manner. 

How can I do this before the Order change into Position?

Thank you.

they have frozen the system so would expect orders to be cancelled before restart

Guest kingjanna

This was my reply from live chat. Hope it helps:

Samuel
We sincerely wish to apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please note that at the moment, we are experiencing technical issues on our IG Platforms. Our IT-Team is investigating the error and will post the updates in the Link here : https://status.ig.com/ 

Once the Platforms start working as required, we will investigate the impact of the error on your IG accounts and assist you accordingly. 

Once again we sincerely apologies for the disruption in our services and appreciate your understanding and patience. 

We look forward to serving you soon.

21 minutes ago, Andy2010 said:

Not sure what are the legalities around it when you want to change your position or close the position and cant. If this results in loss, i am sure there can be a legal case against IG and the will have to honor it. 

Just make sure you screenshot it and also capture the reference numbers 

That would be great if we could even get onto the site to screen grab it... cheers anyway

1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

they have frozen the system so would expect orders to be cancelled before restart

This will be great .. .if the price is not dropping too low and somehow the order will be filled. Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Zerget said:

That would be great if we could even get onto the site to screen grab it... cheers anyway

I did manage to log in to the static siet and screen grab my positions with the computer time and date showing. Thanks - good idea...

Just now, greenscorpio1000 said:

ive been using ig for just a year hope this is very rare outcome

I am for less than 1 month here ... not a nice picture. I will keep my optimism for now ... 

Guest kingjanna

I am for less than 1 month here ... not a nice picture. I will keep my optimism for now ... 

I have used IG nearly 3 years and have never had a shutdown quite as bad as this before. IG are usually very helpful so I am hopeful for a fix very very soon 🤞

Just now, kingjanna said:

I have used IG nearly 3 years and have never had a shutdown quite as bad as this before. IG are usually very helpful so I am hopeful for a fix very very soon 🤞

Thank you kingjanna. I heard a lot of good things about IG so I expect they will fix if fast and keep everyone happy.

Thank you kingjanna. I heard a lot of good things about IG so I expect they will fix if fast and keep everyone happy.

Interesting email received from IG .... few min ago1512401416_IGmail.thumb.JPG.325e03996955b6c452ea77f87947e34f.JPG

Guest kingjanna
1 minute ago, Viorel said:

Interesting email received from IG .... few min ago1512401416_IGmail.thumb.JPG.325e03996955b6c452ea77f87947e34f.JPG

I have received these before. A polite warning from IG that your balance needs looking at, its an automatic reply. Do not worry IG will know the situation and I am sure your account will be fine 👍

Guest AnotherTrader
1 minute ago, NicolasBlinche said:

Oh My God!

What the hell is happening!!!!!!!

I'm losing thousands because I was not able to close my position for my swing!!!!!!!

Seriously??? Is IG Going to refund me my loss??

That'll be interesting to know.  Keep us posted.