IG Status

Caseynotes

Question

Current platform issues;

Issues closing positions

Update - We're continuing to investigate this issue, please call only if you need to deal.
Sep 5, 12:00 UTC

Update - We're continuing to investigate this issue, please call only if you need to deal.
Sep 5, 11:53 UTC

Investigating - Some clients are experiencing issues closing positions via our platforms. Please call if you need to deal: 0207 896 0000.
Sep 5, 11:33 UTC

https://status.ig.com/?REF=TS&SM=TW&CHID=9

• Answers 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

I'm really sorry for the platform issues experienced this afternoon, and any difficulty in reaching us. We're working as hard as we can right now to answer your calls and emails, rest assured we'll answer them as soon as possible.

If you're still experiencing issues with your account, call or email us. Apologies again, and thanks for your patience.

Chris

Guest eric8889

We should unite to take class action for compensation. I got losses last night because IG trading Singapore platform outage. Same no responses by calling or emailing. Many traders must have suffered. 

Guest Andy2010
On 06/09/2019 at 14:09, eric8889 said:

We should unite to take class action for compensation. I got losses last night because IG trading Singapore platform outage. Same no responses by calling or emailing. Many traders must have suffered. 

Did you get any compensation?

I am also in the same situation. I have saved the chat screenshots and till date no one has contacted me even though in the chat, the person mentioned we will be contacted to discuss about compensation. 

I am surprised this is not being picked up in the media yet. Surely there are a lot of people who lost money or reduced profits. 

30 minutes ago, Andy2010 said:

I am surprised this is not being picked up in the media yet. Surely there are a lot of people who lost money or reduced profits. 

The British media has very little sympathy for retail 'investors'.

Are you sure you've read all the small print about best endeavours and indicative pricing ...

When dealing with the financial services industry, you'd best believe they will **** you if they think they can get away with it.  Prior to the Great Recession, they got away with murder ... do you think they've really changed?

10 hours ago, dmedin said:

The British media has very little sympathy for retail 'investors'.

Are you sure you've read all the small print about best endeavours and indicative pricing ...

When dealing with the financial services industry, you'd best believe they will **** you if they think they can get away with it.  Prior to the Great Recession, they got away with murder ... do you think they've really changed?

They have, Just look at the ESMA regulations. 

I have been unable to trade since the system outage last Thursday as my account balances are incorrect. Am I the only one still experiencing a problem as I don't see any recent posts to suggest it's a widespread issue. I am getting very little information from IG other than acknowledging my account is screwed. I don't have any idea when or how IG intend to sort this out and it is extremely frustrating to say the least. I am beginning to question whether or not I should ditch IG for another broker as I can't be accepting this level of service.

22 hours ago, Alcyone said:

I have been unable to trade since the system outage last Thursday as my account balances are incorrect. Am I the only one still experiencing a problem as I don't see any recent posts to suggest it's a widespread issue. I am getting very little information from IG other than acknowledging my account is screwed. I don't have any idea when or how IG intend to sort this out and it is extremely frustrating to say the least. I am beginning to question whether or not I should ditch IG for another broker as I can't be accepting this level of service.

Saw this today: https://financefeeds.com/tech-issues-affect-ig-platforms-second-time-less-one-week/

Doesn't fill me with confidence to start trading again, I too would like to see a detailed response from IG.

5 minutes ago, andysinclair said:

Saw this today: https://financefeeds.com/tech-issues-affect-ig-platforms-second-time-less-one-week/

Doesn't fill me with confidence to start trading again, I too would like to see a detailed response from IG.

Still nothing on the actual cause, must admit I didn't notice anything yesterday, was the same issue too, not being able to close positions.

Archived