I can't open trading platform

JohnMcClane

Question

21 minutes ago, JohnMcClane said:

It only displays the IG logo in the center of the screen but won't open the trading platform when I click on "open platform".

not sure what's happening there. The web based platform opened for me earlier this morning and again just now with no problems.

Hi I AGREE -  it does not open on new trading platform - but before selecting the IG open and look at old platform you can trade - looks like there is a problem there - as IG logo is not correct IMHO. 🙂 Tried calling tech support but no answer at present.

I have an open trade running and I can't open trading platform. The new platform won't launch. Old platform wants me to verify my information and takes me around nowhere. I tried to launch prorealtime but it won't launch either. I don't know what to do.

15 minutes ago, JohnMcClane said:

I have an open trade running and I can't open trading platform. The new platform won't launch. Old platform wants me to verify my information and takes me around nowhere. I tried to launch prorealtime but it won't launch either. I don't know what to do.

Hi these are all the services that will have access to your account.

https://status.ig.com

Have you tried the mobile app?

• Sad 1

Hi The account is functioning on Mobile APP John AND PROVIDING CORRECT UP TO DATE PRICES FOR US SHARES

I can verify this by my account on Hargreaves Lansdown

- but IG support not answering the phone at the time of post - most unusual.

V surprised not reported by anyone else.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, David30b said:

Hi The account is functioning on Mobile APP John AND PROVIDING CORRECT UP TO DATE PRICES FOR US SHARES

I can verify this by my account on Hargreaves Lansdown

- but IG support not answering the phone at the time of post - most unusual.

V surprised not reported by anyone else.

Mobile now working for me too. I also managed to launch prorealtime but it won't show my open trades. Mobile does. I wonder why the trading platform on website isn't working though.

1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, still no problem for me, take a look at some problem solving ideas on this page (for new platform about half way down)

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/charts/ig-charts/why-are-my-ig-charts-not-working?ref=FlashPDLeverage

Thanks, it helped. Looks like I have a Chrome problem and not an IG one as the new platform worked just fine on firefox just now. It's the chrome that needs fixing, thanks a lot.

8 minutes ago, JohnMcClane said:

Thanks, it helped. Looks like I have a Chrome problem and not an IG one as the new platform worked just fine on firefox just now. It's the chrome that needs fixing, thanks a lot.

👍

speaking of browsers i see ms has downloaded edge on me, i was lead to believe it was lighter and quicker than chrome but i'm not seeing it, anyone else tried it?

4 hours ago, JohnMcClane said:

https://deal.ig.com/wtp/ still won't open for me. - FIX WITH MICROSOFT EDGE USE

I got to speak to helpdesk for 45 mins yesterday 

and IT IS a chrome issue - they will fix it later but - as now using Microsoft Edge with FULL capacity - suggest to use this as has excellent reviews as a substitute for chrome - may well do myself.

Regards

David

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, David30b said:

I got to speak to helpdesk for 45 mins yesterday 

and IT IS a chrome issue - they will fix it later but - as now using Microsoft Edge with FULL capacity - suggest to use this as has excellent reviews as a substitute for chrome - may well do myself.

Regards

David

what does 'full capacity' mean, someone told me there was an 'Edge Chromium' but when I looked on the MS web site it said I already had Edge but it didn't seem any faster to me playing around for a day?

3 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

👍

speaking of browsers i see ms has downloaded edge on me, i was lead to believe it was lighter and quicker than chrome but i'm not seeing it, anyone else tried it?

It's got the same underlying engine as Chrome and yet strangely it doesn't perform as well for me as Chrome does.  Firefox is worst of all (possibly because it blocks all the cr@p that wants to track your every movement)

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

👍

Hi briefly trying Edge out out and looked ok - but only to solve my immediate problem - have Edge on one screen and Chrome on the second and works fine - will have to look at the set up to fix of chrome going forward

20 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I haven't had any problems using Chrome.

Hi,

It is something to do with my settings in Chrome causing the problem - will fix later - have a work around at present by using Microsoft Edge (new version from 2020 which IS superior to old one supposedly)

• Like 1
Guest TECHRADAR - Review on Edge
8 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

👍

Yes Looks good had excellent review on TECHRADAR - rated better than chrome

I had the same IG logo screen and problem too.

But works fine if I use Edge. 

I noticed the problem with Chrome came soon after I rejected a strong recommendation by Microsoft to adopt Edge as the default web browser. Maybe Microsoft has somehow interfered with the Chrome but I have no proof to back it up.

Guest oliverwarbucks
On 06/07/2020 at 09:43, JohnMcClane said:

It only displays the IG logo in the center of the screen but won't open the trading platform when I click on "open platform".

Same here on Wednesday 8th July. The problem is still unresolved. I tried clearing the cache - did not solve.

ig.jpg

Hi @David30b @dmedin @Caseynotes,

We found that it was a problem for all users who have BitDefender installed, it creates extensions in certain browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Safari which then blocks the New Web Trading Platform from loading up. The easiest way to get around it when using chrome is to type chrome://extensions/ in the URL field, then disable the BitDefender extensions. 

Our developers are working on a permanent solution as it may happen after every BitDefender update. 

Hope that helps.

Anton

• Thanks 1