Pro real order error in demo?

Guest KasperElsborg

Question

Guest KasperElsborg

Hi there. I'm curious if anyone else has the same problem as me and perhaps a solution or other information regarding this. In my DEMO account it is not possible the activate Pro Order in PRT. It's very frustrating as I would like to do some live testing of my code in the demo account before actually go with it on the Live account. PRT is enabled under settings in the DEMO account, but has no option to enable Pro Order like in LIVE account.

The Pro Order works perfectly in the PRT LIVE account- so no issue there.

I have raised this issue 3 times with IG helpdesk but at last they send it to IT-Finance, but they never got back, and Its been a week now.

HI ,

Welcome to the IG Community!

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues switching on ProOrder on your demo account. Is this a problem you are still experiencing, or did you hear back from our helpdesk?

Tim

Guest KasperElsborg

Hi Tim, and thanks :-)

I haven't heard anything yet, though I have tried many times over the last 3 weeks, latest reminder was yesterday. At least it's escalated to IT- finance a week ago. I also send a report from the PRT demo account for troubleshooting

Kasper

Hi ,

I've looked into this, and can see that it has been escalated for further investigation with ProRealTime. We haven't had a response from them yet, so I have chased them up on this.

Hopefully we'll have some feedback for you shortly.

Thanks,

Tim

Guest KasperElsborg

Hi Tim, and thanks for looking into it again. I also wrote a persistent email Thursday as they were give me a runaround again but it seems to have helped. It finally works:-)

Cheers Kasper

Hi ,

Glad to hear it is now working, do let us know if you have any other questions regarding the ProRealTime charts!

Tim

Hello All , 

How was this resolved ? Are you able to share the fix ?

I have a similar problem i have activated Pro Real Time and Pro Order in my Live Account but when trying to activate Pro Real Time for my Demo Account it comes up with this errror "Server error occured while activating ProRealTime. Please try later."

Tried it yesterday and also today and still the same error?

Yohapro order.jpg

Hi

I have been using the old platform, but would like to get to grips with prorealtime, however, I can only activate for live accounts, but not for demo. Obviously given the complexity of the new platform, there is no way I would use it unless I had practised and understood all the facets. So can anyone explain why I am unable to activate demo, but I can for live?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards

David

Ok, so that's the same as the earlier poster in the thread and looks like it needed an IG staffer to intervene to reset your account. Maybe  or  can help from here or perhaps you could either give the helpdesk a ring or use the live account and go to the 'Help' tab, then 'Technical Support', and type in the dialog box the problem and it will be sent to an IG technician.

Hopefully won't be too hard to fix.  

Guest WillA

I've enabled it for you also and I'll look into getting this escalated to find out why this is happening.

Cheers,

Will

I've tried to activate PRT on my demo spread bet account, but get the message: Server error. The trial period for ProRealTime on your demo account has ended. If you would like to use PRT on your demo account again you will need to activate PRT on your Live account.

PRT is already active on my Live account, as you can see from the line above - it gives me the option to Disable PRT for live accounts above Activate PRT for demo accounts. I've included a screenshot. @CharlotteIG@JamesIG, it seems as if you're helpful - can you please help me with this?

Thanks - Helen

Screenshot 2020-04-26 at 07.43.30.png

On 26/04/2020 at 07:54, HelenS said:

I've tried to activate PRT on my demo spread bet account, but get the message: Server error. The trial period for ProRealTime on your demo account has ended. If you would like to use PRT on your demo account again you will need to activate PRT on your Live account.

PRT is already active on my Live account, as you can see from the line above - it gives me the option to Disable PRT for live accounts above Activate PRT for demo accounts. I've included a screenshot. @CharlotteIG@JamesIG, it seems as if you're helpful - can you please help me with this?

Thanks - Helen

Screenshot 2020-04-26 at 07.43.30.png

Hey Helen, 

I can see the issues you're having. I will get out technical team to reach out to you regarding this. 
All the best. 

I have the same error report:

"The trial period for ProRealTime on your demo account has ended. If you would like to use ProRealTime on your demo account again you will need to activate ProRealTime on your Live account."

In my live Account, ProReal Time is activated. 

Why i can't activate it on my Demo? So i can't test strategies yet.

Hi, @CharlotteIG

I'm suffering from the same problem as other users have mentioned above. That ProRealTime doesn't activate for the demo account but works fine with the Live version, and leaves an error message when attempting to activate: The trial period for ProRealTime on your demo account has ended. If you would like to use ProRealTime on your demo account again you will need to activate ProRealTime on your Live account.

Thanks.