Pro real order error in demo?

Question

Hi there. I'm curious if anyone else has the same problem as me and perhaps a solution or other information regarding this. In my DEMO account it is not possible the activate Pro Order in PRT. It's very frustrating as I would like to do some live testing of my code in the demo account before actually go with it on the Live account. PRT is enabled under settings in the DEMO account, but has no option to enable Pro Order like in LIVE account.

The Pro Order works perfectly in the PRT LIVE account- so no issue there.

I have raised this issue 3 times with IG helpdesk but at last they send it to IT-Finance, but they never got back, and Its been a week now.

19 answers to this question

HI ,

Welcome to the IG Community!

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues switching on ProOrder on your demo account. Is this a problem you are still experiencing, or did you hear back from our helpdesk?

Tim

Hi Tim, and thanks :-)

I haven't heard anything yet, though I have tried many times over the last 3 weeks, latest reminder was yesterday. At least it's escalated to IT- finance a week ago. I also send a report from the PRT demo account for troubleshooting

Kasper

Hi ,

I've looked into this, and can see that it has been escalated for further investigation with ProRealTime. We haven't had a response from them yet, so I have chased them up on this.

Hopefully we'll have some feedback for you shortly.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim, and thanks for looking into it again. I also wrote a persistent email Thursday as they were give me a runaround again but it seems to have helped. It finally works:-)

Cheers Kasper

Hi ,

Glad to hear it is now working, do let us know if you have any other questions regarding the ProRealTime charts!

Tim

Hello All , 

How was this resolved ? Are you able to share the fix ?

I have a similar problem i have activated Pro Real Time and Pro Order in my Live Account but when trying to activate Pro Real Time for my Demo Account it comes up with this errror "Server error occured while activating ProRealTime. Please try later."

Tried it yesterday and also today and still the same error?

Yohapro order.jpg

Hi  I have activated PRT on your demo account, there was just a slight discrepancy on our systems which I've corrected.

Cheers

Hi

I have been using the old platform, but would like to get to grips with prorealtime, however, I can only activate for live accounts, but not for demo. Obviously given the complexity of the new platform, there is no way I would use it unless I had practised and understood all the facets. So can anyone explain why I am unable to activate demo, but I can for live?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards

David

Hi ,  Does the option to activate demo appear in the Prorealtime section in the settings tab on the dashboard, and does the pointer change to white glove when you hover the mouse over it?

It may be that IG have simply not activated it for your particular account.

demo1.PNG 

Hi and thanks for your reply. 

It states "Server error An error occured while activating ProRealTime. Please try later."

Ok, so that's the same as the earlier poster in the thread and looks like it needed an IG staffer to intervene to reset your account. Maybe  or  can help from here or perhaps you could either give the helpdesk a ring or use the live account and go to the 'Help' tab, then 'Technical Support', and type in the dialog box the problem and it will be sent to an IG technician.

Hopefully won't be too hard to fix.  

thanks  for tagging one of us. Hope this sorts it for you  , but if anyone else is experiencing this please tag myself or  using the '@' symbol and then  typing our names and we'll be able to look into this on a case by case basis. 

I have exactly the same problem.   Cannot access ProRealTime from demo mode.    Same 'server error'.

I've enabled it for you also and I'll look into getting this escalated to find out why this is happening.

Cheers,

Will

Hi, I am facing the same issue as well. "Server error: An error occurred while activating ProRealTime. Please try later." @JamesIG @WillA May I have your assistance?

Guest Richard

Hi guys, I have quite opposite problem, I activated demo w\a problems, but getting error when trying to activate live prorealtime trading . can you please help me out ? @JamesIG @WillA