'Your account is currently restricted from opening new positions'

Pablomolina45

Question

27 answers to this question

On 07/01/2021 at 19:23, ComFox said:

New regulations that went into effect today. You can only close crypto cfd positions from now on. Very very badly handled by IG. They will lose lots of members over how poorly they handled this...

Sorry, same here.  what has happened?

I can't place any new positions while Spread Betting?

OK, so I've been trying to Chat with ~IG for an hour....still waiting.

I can only Sell Shares not Buy them I can only Close SB positions not open new ones.

I can't find any messages or notifications to say i need to update.  It's showing my agreement is good til 2022 for Trading US.  what the actual is going on now?

• Sad 1

I’m having the same issue been trying to call them since yesterday!! It’s mainly affecting US stocks and no idea what’s going on either the average price is showing as zero!! Profits and losses look like crazy amounts which I know is not real no idea what’s happening. It’s impossible to speak to anyone at Ig at the moment been calling for hours and days! 

I opened a new account, they took their own sweet time to activate the account as they reviewed all the documents. Account went up and running I took 2-3 positions when I was taking one more trade I also got the same msg, on the first day of my account. 

The reason they gave me is that my account is being reviewed and they want my utility bill. (Don't know what they were doing when they reviewed my documents of 15 days)  

Stopping some one out in the middle, on the first day when the account is opened, without prior knowledge of the reason is murderous, it can go very wrong for someone. 

So I have sent the documents which they requested, I want to know, how long does it took for you guys to get the account up and running?

Hi @Talwar

Thanks for the feedback

Apologies for the delay in the verification of your documents. The restriction is temporary and affects only opening positions. So you would still be able to close. We would reactivate the account as soon as we receive the document requested. We see your account is now already active. 

All the best

Anda

I received the message 'Your account is currently restricted from opening new positions'. I changed my mobile phone and sent money via Wise from my another bank account

I have emailed support multiple times and received no response. I need immediate help. Why are you doing this????

11 hours ago, gokhancetinkal said:

I received the message 'Your account is currently restricted from opening new positions'. I changed my mobile phone and sent money via Wise from my another bank account

I have emailed support multiple times and received no response. I need immediate help. Why are you doing this????

Hi @gokhancetinkal,

Thank you for your post. It seems that the IG team requires further documentation. I have sent you an email with required document to complete the verification.

All the best - Arvin