Jump to content

Have your say on new trading platform features


Recommended Posts

Hello IG Community,

We are working towards making IG trading platform indicators and charts developments better to provide a good user trading experience.

Why? We strive to provide our clients with the best new trading features, therefore your feedback is important to us and we will pass on your feedback to our development team.

We would appreciate it if you could take part in the polls below and vote as we are continuously working on adding more new features to our IG trading platform to make your trading experience better.

 

Vote and share your valuable & useful feedback on the blogs below:

 

If you have other feedback or suggestions and time to spare, please write to us and comment on the blogs why you picked your indicators request and why not the others. 

We would love to hear from you!

 

All the best - MongiIG

See It IG It - YouTube

 

 

Link to comment

I'm not too fussed about indicators, price and volume is really all I need.  A selectable moving average on the volume indicator would be a good inclusion.  The charting platform also needs to be more responsive, I'm still having issues where price is not displayed correctly on some stocks.  You often need to select another time frame and then revert back to daily chart to trigger the correct price/day.  I have provided many videos on this error to IG Support, and it remains an issue across multiple OS and web browsers. 

The alert selection process could be improved.  Something like what Tradingview offers, draw trend line/horizontal line or select MA and right click, select alert type.

The biggest thing IG Share trading platform is missing IMO is advanced order types.  Many users that swing trade like myself do a lot of their work out of market hours.  You determine your entry criteria, choose your stop loss level.  Currently a buy stop can only be set when market opens.  The ticket window should offer users a buy price/stop loss/take profit.  OCO (one cancels the other) orders, trailing stops etc,  Reduce only orders,  It would certainly make trading other markets much easier. 

Another improvement would be ticket management, currently users need to clear their stop loss orders before hitting Sell in the positions window to populate your total shares in the ticket window.  It would be handy if the sell button could trigger the stop cancelation to make execution quicker and easier.  A percentage slider would also make trading easier.  Users could slide or select 25%/50%/75%/100% buttons to buy or sell order executions to quickly sell or buy partials. ***picture provided as example***

Please also provide 2FA from Google or Microsoft,  security needs to improve.

 

 

100702171_ScreenShot2022-01-15at3_11_42pm.png.dc094b280ed2622a17729543a6a1c071.png

  • Like 2
  • Great! 2
Link to comment
On 15/01/2022 at 06:48, Quacker said:

I'm not too fussed about indicators, price and volume is really all I need.  A selectable moving average on the volume indicator would be a good inclusion.  The charting platform also needs to be more responsive, I'm still having issues where price is not displayed correctly on some stocks.  You often need to select another time frame and then revert back to daily chart to trigger the correct price/day.  I have provided many videos on this error to IG Support, and it remains an issue across multiple OS and web browsers. 

The alert selection process could be improved.  Something like what Tradingview offers, draw trend line/horizontal line or select MA and right click, select alert type.

The biggest thing IG Share trading platform is missing IMO is advanced order types.  Many users that swing trade like myself do a lot of their work out of market hours.  You determine your entry criteria, choose your stop loss level.  Currently a buy stop can only be set when market opens.  The ticket window should offer users a buy price/stop loss/take profit.  OCO (one cancels the other) orders, trailing stops etc,  Reduce only orders,  It would certainly make trading other markets much easier. 

Another improvement would be ticket management, currently users need to clear their stop loss orders before hitting Sell in the positions window to populate your total shares in the ticket window.  It would be handy if the sell button could trigger the stop cancelation to make execution quicker and easier.  A percentage slider would also make trading easier.  Users could slide or select 25%/50%/75%/100% buttons to buy or sell order executions to quickly sell or buy partials. ***picture provided as example***

Please also provide 2FA from Google or Microsoft,  security needs to improve.

 

 

100702171_ScreenShot2022-01-15at3_11_42pm.png.dc094b280ed2622a17729543a6a1c071.png

Hi @Quacker

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass your suggestions through to our development team.

All the best - MongiIG

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the features that is badly lacking on the platform is the ability to show points on an open position. There is only possibility so far to show $ or whatever currency. Prorealtime can do that but sadly not the plateform. That is needed and could be a great addition. 

Another thing is the possibility to show both bid and ask lines, and to show multiple prices such as bar chart on top of Heikin Ashi candles. 

The multiple time zones would be useful as well. Especiall when you know that the HS TECH index display is completely flawed as the trading starts at 9.15am HKT but the plateform doesn't show anything before 10.15am... 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
On 29/01/2022 at 06:44, Why_TRD_HK said:

One of the features that is badly lacking on the platform is the ability to show points on an open position. There is only possibility so far to show $ or whatever currency. Prorealtime can do that but sadly not the plateform. That is needed and could be a great addition. 

Another thing is the possibility to show both bid and ask lines, and to show multiple prices such as bar chart on top of Heikin Ashi candles. 

The multiple time zones would be useful as well. Especiall when you know that the HS TECH index display is completely flawed as the trading starts at 9.15am HKT but the plateform doesn't show anything before 10.15am... 

Hi @Why_TRD_HK

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass your suggestions through to our development team.

All the best - MongiIG

Link to comment
On 15/01/2022 at 15:48, Quacker said:

I'm not too fussed about indicators, price and volume is really all I need.  A selectable moving average on the volume indicator would be a good inclusion.  The charting platform also needs to be more responsive, I'm still having issues where price is not displayed correctly on some stocks.  You often need to select another time frame and then revert back to daily chart to trigger the correct price/day.  I have provided many videos on this error to IG Support, and it remains an issue across multiple OS and web browsers. 

The alert selection process could be improved.  Something like what Tradingview offers, draw trend line/horizontal line or select MA and right click, select alert type.

The biggest thing IG Share trading platform is missing IMO is advanced order types.  Many users that swing trade like myself do a lot of their work out of market hours.  You determine your entry criteria, choose your stop loss level.  Currently a buy stop can only be set when market opens.  The ticket window should offer users a buy price/stop loss/take profit.  OCO (one cancels the other) orders, trailing stops etc,  Reduce only orders,  It would certainly make trading other markets much easier. 

Another improvement would be ticket management, currently users need to clear their stop loss orders before hitting Sell in the positions window to populate your total shares in the ticket window.  It would be handy if the sell button could trigger the stop cancelation to make execution quicker and easier.  A percentage slider would also make trading easier.  Users could slide or select 25%/50%/75%/100% buttons to buy or sell order executions to quickly sell or buy partials. ***picture provided as example***

Please also provide 2FA from Google or Microsoft,  security needs to improve.

 

 

100702171_ScreenShot2022-01-15at3_11_42pm.png.dc094b280ed2622a17729543a6a1c071.png

Absolutely agree with you on the lack of options around order types and order management functionalities. I also swing/position trade and plan most of my trades once a week outside of market hours so I wish I was able to place all buy stop orders then and set take profit/stop loss levels through an OCO order.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, fsb said:

Absolutely agree with you on the lack of options around order types and order management functionalities. I also swing/position trade and plan most of my trades once a week outside of market hours so I wish I was able to place all buy stop orders then and set take profit/stop loss levels through an OCO order.

Hi @fsb

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass your suggestions through to our development team.

All the best - MongiIG

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of things I’d like to see

1) The ability to scale out of a trade by closing some of the trade volume at predefined places; e.g. buy £20 per point, sell £10 per point when the position is 20 points in profit, sell another £5/pt when price has moved another 30 points, sell another £2.50 after another 16 point move and close the rest of the position after a total of100 point move (or let the rest run with a trailing stop). CTrader, Tradestation, Ninja Trader and Multicharts all have this ability. 
 

2) The ability to use an indicator on another indicator. The most obvious example is placing a MA on an oscillator but the one I would actually like is the stochastic of the RSI. Adding the stochastic rsi as a preprogrammed indicator would be welcome first step. It is available in PRT but not the platform.

 

3) The ability to set the stop loss by clicking on the screen and dragging a line  I can do this after the trade has been placed but not to set the initial stop loss.

 

4) The ability to automatically set the trade volume from a calculation. This would allow the user to equalise the risk on all trades as a percentage of their account balance. Example - I want to buy the Dax. I click to set my stop (as in the suggestion above) and the platform calculates the trade volume by dividing 2% of my account (or whatever percentage the user presets) by the number of points between the entry level and my selected stop level. 
 

An alternative to 3 and 4 might be to enable drop down trade templates in the same way that PRT does. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, Xerxes said:

A couple of things I’d like to see

1) The ability to scale out of a trade by closing some of the trade volume at predefined places; e.g. buy £20 per point, sell £10 per point when the position is 20 points in profit, sell another £5/pt when price has moved another 30 points, sell another £2.50 after another 16 point move and close the rest of the position after a total of100 point move (or let the rest run with a trailing stop). CTrader, Tradestation, Ninja Trader and Multicharts all have this ability. 
 

2) The ability to use an indicator on another indicator. The most obvious example is placing a MA on an oscillator but the one I would actually like is the stochastic of the RSI. Adding the stochastic rsi as a preprogrammed indicator would be welcome first step. It is available in PRT but not the platform.

 

3) The ability to set the stop loss by clicking on the screen and dragging a line  I can do this after the trade has been placed but not to set the initial stop loss.

 

4) The ability to automatically set the trade volume from a calculation. This would allow the user to equalise the risk on all trades as a percentage of their account balance. Example - I want to buy the Dax. I click to set my stop (as in the suggestion above) and the platform calculates the trade volume by dividing 2% of my account (or whatever percentage the user presets) by the number of points between the entry level and my selected stop level. 
 

An alternative to 3 and 4 might be to enable drop down trade templates in the same way that PRT does. 

 

28 minutes ago, Xerxes said:

Incidentally all of the above would also be much appreciated in the iPad app.  

Hi @Xerxes

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass your suggestions through to our development team.

All the best - MongiIG

Link to comment

1) Reverse Trade instead of just close trade on limit orders

2) Slightly bigger font for price levels in desktop version

3) Compare other indices/stocks verses main

4) Capability to Split trades -making it easier to close part of specific trade. .Eg. buy 10 split trade into 5 x 2Units

5) different sound for up/down alerts

Edited by kabuki
Link to comment
5 hours ago, kabuki said:

1) Reverse Trade instead of just close trade on limit orders

2) Slightly bigger font for price levels in desktop version

3) Compare other indices/stocks verses main

4) Capability to Split trades -making it easier to close part of specific trade. .Eg. buy 10 split trade into 5 x 2Units

5) different sound for up/down alerts

Hi @kabuki,

Thank you for your post and feedback. Your suggestions have been forwarded to the development team to be reviewed.

All the best - Arvin

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Jif said:

Camarilla pivots would be great and probably a quick win to add.

Hi @Jif

Thank you for your post and feedback. Your suggestion has been forwarded to the development team to be reviewed.

All the best - MongiIG

Link to comment

Multiple  times have you guys been asked to offer logarithmic chart scales as a tick-box option, but you consistently fail to provide it. Why, when it would be so simple to implement?

I would also appreciate a column that showed the margin being consumed by each position.

I also think it would be useful to have the option to plot simple moving averages a half-span behind instead of up with the current price.

Link to comment
20 minutes ago, HeOfMuchDisgrunt said:

Multiple  times have you guys been asked to offer logarithmic chart scales as a tick-box option, but you consistently fail to provide it. Why, when it would be so simple to implement?

I would also appreciate a column that showed the margin being consumed by each position.

I also think it would be useful to have the option to plot simple moving averages a half-span behind instead of up with the current price.

Hi @HeOfMuchDisgrunt

Thank you for your post and feedback. Your suggestion has been forwarded to the development team to be reviewed.

All the best - MongiIG

Link to comment

 

Dear IG Admins,

Not so much related to new features, but basic ones. Can IG not ensure that the Info page on each product page show the Trading hours??

Thank you.

Link to comment
20 hours ago, D600 said:

 

Dear IG Admins,

Not so much related to new features, but basic ones. Can IG not ensure that the Info page on each product page show the Trading hours??

Thank you.

Hi @D600

Thank you for your post and feedback. Your suggestion has been forwarded to the relevant team to be reviewed.

All the best - MongiIG

Link to comment
  • 5 weeks later...
On 13/02/2022 at 22:11, kabuki said:

1) Reverse Trade instead of just close trade on limit orders

2) Slightly bigger font for price levels in desktop version

3) Compare other indices/stocks verses main

4) Capability to Split trades -making it easier to close part of specific trade. .Eg. buy 10 split trade into 5 x 2Units

5) different sound for up/down alerts

I would echo the 5th point here. I think this would be very helpful. Even the ability to alter the notification noise on one's smartphone would allow customisation for an up/down alert. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

1. The ability to view aggregated average open price level on the chart view. 

 

2. The ability to graphically manipulate the aggregated limits and stops (demonstrating the total profit/loss for each).

 

3. The ability to place alerts on the chart directly and to optionally view them graphically. 

 

4. Different notification sounds for up/down alerts

 

Thanks for considering.

Link to comment
On 12/04/2022 at 10:17, gcm said:

1. The ability to view aggregated average open price level on the chart view. 

 

2. The ability to graphically manipulate the aggregated limits and stops (demonstrating the total profit/loss for each).

 

3. The ability to place alerts on the chart directly and to optionally view them graphically. 

 

4. Different notification sounds for up/down alerts

 

Thanks for considering.

Hi @gcm

Thank you for your post and feedback. Your suggestion has been forwarded to the relevant team to be reviewed.

All the best - MongiIG

Link to comment

The Spread to be shown on desktop platform for Shares.

The % up or down of a stock from previous day easy to find on the mobile app.  It's often obscured by items such as VWAP or EMA as an example.

Ability to sort the shares list by % (not my own watchlist)

Ability to Omit shares that are not even tradeable on the Retail Platform. (Example-there are hundreds if not thousands of small cap stocks that aren't even tradeable.  you don't know until you click on them.  Just Remove them!)

Take a look at Trading View and basically Copy what they have.

Thanks.
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

The Spread to be shown on desktop platform for Shares.

The % up or down of a stock from previous day easy to find on the mobile app.  It's often obscured by items such as VWAP or EMA as an example.

Ability to sort the shares list by % (not my own watchlist)

Ability to Omit shares that are not even tradeable on the Retail Platform. (Example-there are hundreds if not thousands of small cap stocks that aren't even tradeable.  you don't know until you click on them.  Just Remove them!)

Take a look at Trading View and basically Copy what they have.

Thanks.
 

Hi @nit2wynit

Thank you for your post and feedback. Your suggestion has been forwarded to the relevant team to be reviewed.

All the best - MongiIG

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
On 15/01/2022 at 06:48, Quacker said:

Please also provide 2FA from Google or Microsoft,  security needs to improve.

Hi @Quacker

We will be hosting a IG Client Feedback Session - Multi-Factor Authentication. Please see below for more details.

 

All the best - MongiIG

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      19,524
    • Total Posts
      86,911
    • Total Members
      68,775
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    Stane
    Joined 12/08/22 08:37
  • Posts

    • KLA Corp., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis KLA Corp.,(KLAC:NASDAQ): Daily Chart, August 12, 2022,  KLACStock Market Analysis:Looking for further continuation lower into wave c) of {ii}. Wave (b) may not be finished, however I am still looking for further downside after the initial move up we had in a five wave manner. KLAC Elliott Wave count:  Wave c) of {ii}. KLACTrading Strategy: wait for the end of wave {ii} to start building long positions to target ATH. KLAC Technical Indicators:We are above all EMAs which suggests we have resumed the uptrend. We could find support off the 200 EMA. TradingLounge Analyst: Alessio Barretta       KLACorp.,KLAC: 4-hour Chart, August 12 2022,  KLA Corp., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis KLAC Stock Market Analysis: Looking for completion of wave (b) to then resume downside into wave c) which could eveb be traded on short timeframes. KLACElliott Wave count:  Wave c of (b). KLAC Technical Indicators: We are facing resistance off the 20 EMA which could be a sign wave (b) is completed or nearly completed. KLACTrading Strategy: You could either look for shorts into wave c) or/and wait for a larger swing once wave {ii} is finished and target he upside with wave {iii}.
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge 3-Daily Chart, 12 August 2022, Monero(XMRUSD) XMRUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave I Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave C of Zigzag Details: The sub-wave of the first wave is about to end. Watch out for the reverse in Wave Cancel invalid Level: Monero(XMRUSD) Trading Strategy: The entry price is entering the last wave of the first wave. And it is going up to test resistance at MA50, waiting for a reversal in the second wave to enter the trend again. Monero(XMRUSD) Indicators: MACD and MACD Histogram have a reversal signal in an uptrend. TradingLounge Analyst: Kittiampon Somboonsod Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge 4H Chart, 12 August 2022, Monero(XMRUSD) XMRUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((4)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave I of C Details: Entering the fifth wave. Watch out for the reverse Wave Cancel invalid Level: Monero(XMRUSD) Trading Strategy: The short-term rise of the fifth wave After the fourth wave The level of the end of the triangle pattern is at The end of wave D, but if the price descends below the end of wave E, it is possible that the fifth wave may end at wave B. Monero(XMRUSD) Technical Indicators: MACD and MACD Histogram continue in the same direction.
    • Hi @ArturG, I added a response on the thread you shared. Effectively, the rule apply to UK clients. You can find the relevant text here:https://www.legislation.gov.uk/eur/2014/1286/body I hope that it helps ! All the best - Arvin
×
×
  • Create New...